Men's 2019 Basketball Recruiting

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Men's 2019 Basketball Recruiting

Post by mslacat » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:45 am

First week-end (of 3) of summer AAU recruiting is over and our coaches were all over the place. One interesting player who they seemed very interested in scouting was Trevon Allfrey from Utah. I belive the coaches made it apoint to see at least 3 of his games this week-end with Multiple coaches at at least one.

Trevon Allfrey 6-7 225lbs PF/C Copper Hills High school in West Jordon Utah. Strait out of the gate the Bobcat coaches were on Allfrey. Before this week-end almost all of Allfrey's attentionfrom NAIA/NCAA D-2/JC programs. Allfrey is a low post player who can take his game out to 3 point range (38% 3FG) last year. He was listed at 225 lbs during his junior high school season, but I am told he looks a lot more ripped this summer. This past season for Copper Hills high school he averaged 18.8 points, 6.2 rebounds and 2 assists per game. He is a kid that came on strong late in the season and earned a bunch of post season awards. This kid really has a lot attributes that Fish likes. He is already has big and strong body, and has really long length (6-11 wing span). He has no problem mixing it up inside but also can pull the ball out and shoot the 3 with confidence. He also has a very high basketball IQ and GPA. Like I said earlier he has been getting a lot of attention from NAIA/D-2 schools in the region (Western MT and Rocky Mtn are on him hard), but after this past week-end a lot of D-1 schools including American U,, Portland St, S. Utah and Cornell are showing a lot of interest. He was ranked #12 in the Utah class of 2018, but his stock seems to be rising. Will be interesting to see if an offer comes this summer.

Prep Hoops Utah <2019 Top Stock Risers> 6-19-18
Trevon Allfrey 6’7 SF/PF Copper Hills
Bottom line: There might not be a tougher player to guard in the state. He finds a way to score the basketball no matter who is guarding him. Allfrey is relentless and has a bulldog mentality. His toughness and skill set enable him to make huge impacts on the game. Allfrey makes Copper Hills extremely dangerous next season. He is still one of the most underrated players in the state. However, he has certainly caught our attention.
Prep Hoops Utah <Utah Basketball Club Roster> 7-3-18
Trevon Allfrey 6’7 PF 2019 Copper Hills
Allfrey might be the best overall scorer on this team. While DowDell hits tough shots and shoots it well from deep, Allfrey can score the ball well from most places on the court. He uses his size well and has a soft touch around the rim.
Prep Hoops Utah <2019 All State Team> 3-31-18
Trevon Allfrey 6’7 SF/PF Copper Hills
Allfrey is one of the most dominant players in the 6A classification. His versatility and ability to score the basketball in an array of ways made him a defensive nightmare all season. Allfrey put Copper Hills in a position to make a nice run in the state tournament. His return next season should give Copper Hills confidence that they can make an even deeper run next season.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:18 pm

First offical offer of the summer

Trey Anderson 6-7 SG/SF Mater Dei Catholic High School San Diego, CA was offered today by coach Fish and the Bobcats. The Bobcats have been recruiting Anderson for almost a year but finally pulled the trigger today. He averaged 18.9 points, 7.0 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 1.5 steals a game while shooting 55% from 2 point range and 35% from three. Her also holds offers from Pepperdine, Hawaii, Montana as well as Montana State. That list should grow. I think there may be a lot of interest for this kid and may blow up and end up on a Pac-12 school

PrepHopps Southern California (UAA: National Evaluations) 5/3/18
SF Trey Anderson (West Coast Elite)

Anderson is another jumbo wing for West Coast Elite at 6’7”. This Mater Dei standout knows how to use his size to overpower other wings attacking downhill. Gets to the foul line at a nice clip. Plus three point shooter with a nice looking shot. He had 19 points on 5-8 shooting. High-major prospect.
PrepHopps Southern California (SoCal Tip Off Standouts:) 4/12/18
6’6 G/F Trey Anderson 2018 Mater Dei Catholic (West Coast Elite 17 UAA)

Long, fluid athlete with smooth shooting mechanics and consistent range on his jump shot. Has a quick, high and repeatable release on his jump shot. Moves well without the ball to get open looks.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:48 pm

This is a post that started out as one thing but as I was typing the post it turned into something else, due to the known facts changing while I was typing. Sorry if it reads rough.

Interesting (well it is to me , but might not be to you) There seems to be some question as to which recruiting class the the above mentioned 6-7 Trey Young will be part of, and thus is MSU recruiting/offering him for 2018 (this coming fall's class) or for 2019 class. It turns out that Anderson just completed his senior year at Mater Dei Catholic High School San Diego, CA. I was contacted by an old recruiting acquaintance who I have not talked/emailed with in a while (Fish is not recruiting Southern California much) and he told me that while Anderson just finish his senior year about 2-3 weeks back he announced he would be attending Woodstock Prep school (sound familiar read below) next year and reclassifying to the 2019. Anderson has also been playing AAU ball this summer with 2019 recruiting class teammates. I knew that Bobcat assistant Luke Fennelly had been recruiting Anderson since last fall but we had not offered him (we already had 2 or 3 wings committed), so I really started questioning which year, 2018 or 2019, the Bobcats offer was for. I tweeted reply to his AAU club who originally tweeted/announced his Bobcat offer, asking for a clarification, but never heard back. I then got a Private message from Nathan McClare who runs the Verbal Commits website. After a few PM's back and forth today, Nathan informed me he has it from an "Air Tight Source" (I am pretty sure I know who the source is and it would strait from the houses mouth) that the Bobcats made the offer to Anderson for the 2018 class. If he accepts the offer he will for go attending Woodstock Prep . So contrary to what I posted above it looks like Anderson is a recruit that could be joining (if he chooses to sign) the Bobcats this fall. My friend who I mentioned above thought Anderson could play some at the shooting guard spot but most likely would be a small forward or stretch (power) forward for Fish.

Stay tuned......

Woodstock Prep footnote: If you go back a few post in this thread you see that Woodstock Prep is the school Bobcat recruit Mikal Gjerde will attend this coming year as a transfer student from Norway. Kind of coincidental that both these recruits would be considering transferring to the same East coach prep school?

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:37 am

I don't see Anderson signing here. I doubt he wants to play on a team where anyone above 6'5" is liable to get stuck in the game at center.

Allfrey seems like a guy who wouldn't mind that, so I have more hope for him.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:42 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:37 am
I don't see Anderson signing here. I doubt he wants to play on a team where anyone above 6'5" is liable to get stuck in the game at center.

Allfrey seems like a guy who wouldn't mind that, so I have more hope for him.
If we signed Anderson he would report this fall (in about 30-40 days) and be part of the 2018-19 team (unless he redshirts). Allfrey would sign this November, report the fall of 2019 and be part of the 2019-2020 team. So we are really talking apples to oranges here. They are, though, both players who right now have some question marks. Anderson had quite a few D1 programs after him offers last fall and most of the winter. So why did he not sign with one by now? you would think the way basketball is played now-a-days coaches would love to get an athletic 6-7 (and may be still growing) sweet shooting and solid rebounding player who can play the SG, SF and PF spots on the court. Why is he still available in mid-July? AllFrey has been considered a D2/NAIA prospect for his entire carrier. Is one great coming out showing at the summer AAU tournament enough to convince coaches he is actually D-1 material? Well it was for Josh Huestis so maybe Allfrey is just one of those guys who worked himself into a D-1 prospect. Either-way as of July 19 2018 their are questions on both prospects.

KIX
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by KIX » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:07 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:40 am
mslacat wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:16 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:48 pm
mslacat wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:31 pm
The first summer recruiting period starts in about 4 days. All of the Men's coaches will be out to different tournaments scouting Future Bobcats. The men could will have a minimum 3 scholarships to offer and possibly as many as 5 or more. They seem real interested in a point guard from what I can tell and are also looking at the JC ranks more than in the past. One name to keep an eye on is local boy Caleb Bellach from Manhattan Christian (I consider Manhattan very local). I am told they had him and his family in for a visit (I believe unofficial but I could be wrong) this past week and they have been in close contact with him all summer. Ballach really opened some eyes this spring on the AAU circuit that landed him a few D-2/NAIA offers no D-1 offered yet but a whole lot of interest from quite a few D-1 programs including Idaho, Air Force, Utah, UC Davis, Layola Marymount, Utah Valley, San Jose, Idaho State, Santa Clara, Oregon State, and Grand Canyon are showing interest and will be watching him. Just my gut if the Bobcats have not pulled the trigger yet on an offer look for them to do it very early if Ballach has a good showing early.

Interesting I also think the Bobcats are very high on Norway's small forward Mikal Gjerde. Both players are in that 6-6 sg/sf mold. I wonder if the Bobcats would take both?
I know the Bellach family, specifically Caleb's dad and coach Jeff. I spoke to him directly about a month ago to see if Caleb was getting much interest from either the Cats or Griz. He said "sadly, no". A lot can change in a month and maybe Cats or Griz recruting toward his has gained some momentum, but as of about a month ago there was really no action at all. The kid is a darn good ball player and very athletic. I think he could develop to be a D1 player if given the chance.
I heard that the Bobcat coaches were very impressed with his performance at their summer camp. Not enough to offer but enough to start paying him a lot of attention. We will have to see how this all shakes out.
if he has a jump shot like his pops i'd say he's worth the look! dad could shoot the lights out. seems we havn't had one of those knock-down guys since the days of sprinks, brown, conway. love those guys where when they miss you're way more suprised than when they make.
There is a reason why Bellach hasn't gotten an offer from a D1 program...just because you can shoot and dunk (and play no D) doesn't make a D1 prospect. I've seen this kid break down big time on the court, as well. Had to apologize to his teammates and coaching staff last year after an on court debacle. If it weren't for Twitter with him and his dad spouting off, he'd be just another ball player. Maybe the fact that his grandpa is a major MSU supporter lends to the idea of "interest" from the Cats.

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:23 pm

Allfrey, looks like a kid with a couple inches could be an interior threat. The kid posts up hard and has some moves. Plus he is physical and that is something we haven't seen since the undersized Blake Braun. If this kid grows two inches before he is out of college could be a great pickup.. He looks alot more promising than the Anderson kid who doesn't look like he has the drive or high intensity motor that D1 players need. It will be an interesting year. Anyword on how the new kids are looking that are here already. Any one of them look to be cracking the line up right away or possibly putting someone on the bench?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:08 pm

Bobcats have offered 6-8 pf/c Luka Jaksic from Furtah Prep high school in Georgia. The Bobcats have been recruiting him since October of 2017. His Furtah HS won Georgia GIAA AA State Championship this year and he led the team in scoring (19) and rebounding (11), despite having two other 6-9+ junior who are also getting D-1 attention. He is a low post player who can shoot out to 3 point range. He is particularly known as a very strong rebounder. He was born in Croatia, and plays for their U17 team, although he grew in the USA

Hoop Seen 10/26/17 <2017 GEORGIA FALL PREVIEW: TEAM 12 EVALS>
Luka Jaksic, Fourth Prep, 2019: The 6-foot-8 forward did a nice job of grabbing the rebound and then running the floor. He can step out and hit the three ball all the while scoring in the paint. As he adds strength and more toughness down low, Jaksic should see his game open up even more. All and all, it was a solid showing for the junior big man.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:33 pm

mslacat wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:18 pm
First offical offer of the summer

Trey Anderson 6-7 SG/SF Mater Dei Catholic High School San Diego, CA was offered today by coach Fish and the Bobcats. The Bobcats have been recruiting Anderson for almost a year but finally pulled the trigger today. He averaged 18.9 points, 7.0 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 1.5 steals a game while shooting 55% from 2 point range and 35% from three. Her also holds offers from Pepperdine, Hawaii, Montana as well as Montana State. That list should grow. I think there may be a lot of interest for this kid and may blow up and end up on a Pac-12 school

It would be fun to have Troy Andersen on the football team and Trey Anderson on the basketball team...

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:49 am

GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:23 pm
Allfrey, looks like a kid with a couple inches could be an interior threat. The kid posts up hard and has some moves. Plus he is physical and that is something we haven't seen since the undersized Blake Braun. If this kid grows two inches before he is out of college could be a great pickup.. He looks alot more promising than the Anderson kid who doesn't look like he has the drive or high intensity motor that D1 players need. It will be an interesting year. Anyword on how the new kids are looking that are here already. Any one of them look to be cracking the line up right away or possibly putting someone on the bench?
I wish people would get away from thinking you big guys need to be 6-10 to 7-0 in today's game. To be successful at the D-1 level 4's and 5's need to have a combination height/legth,, skills and athleticism. In the Big Sky we rarely get all three. In my opinion in Fish's system Athleticism is very important. I do not think a skilled true big guy would not do well here unless he was a decent athlete. The other thing is length is just as important as height. Fish loves guys with long arms because they can be a bitch on the defensive end. Allfey is 6-7, but he is a solidly built 225-230 as a high school senior, but the guy has a 7'-2" wing span. I am less interested in what the distance from the top of his head is from the court and more interested in the distance of his out stretch hands are to the court. The thing I like most about him, though, is he is a true BIG MAN and not a converted small forward.

By the way Allfrey is having a great second week end.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:14 pm

Bobcats offer Caleb Bellach

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:43 pm

A quick thought on Caleb Bellach being offered by the Bobcats. It has seemed over the past 4-5 year when ever there is talk about the Bobcats either recruiting or signing a local Montana player, there are those who come out of the wood work to tell us what a bad decision that might be. I do not see the purpose in doing that. You can disagree but to tear down a 17ish year old person is just uncalled for. So I am going to try to jump the gun on this one. As a local player we get more of an opportunity to see these guy's strengths and weaknesses that a recruit out of Arizona or Washington. It is easy, for some, to get caught up on their weaknesses, but we are a Big Sky team ALL of our recruits are going to have weakness. Players like Tyler Hall do not come around to us very often or at all, they go to the Pac-12 or like conference. So can we stay on the positive side. If there are some weakness in his game that you want to discuss then do it but also try to mention some of his strengths also. Useful criticism address both sides of the equation other wise it is just bitching. Or as my dear friend Thumper is fond of saying "If you can not say anything nice, Don't say nothing at all!"

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:53 pm

mslacat wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:43 pm
A quick thought on Caleb Bellach being offered by the Bobcats. It has seemed over the past 4-5 year when ever there is talk about the Bobcats either recruiting or signing a local Montana player, there are those who come out of the wood work to tell us what a bad decision that might be. I do not see the purpose in doing that. You can disagree but to tear down a 17ish year old person is just uncalled for. So I am going to try to jump the gun on this one. As a local player we get more of an opportunity to see these guy's strengths and weaknesses that a recruit out of Arizona or Washington. It is easy, for some, to get caught up on their weaknesses, but we are a Big Sky team ALL of our recruits are going to have weakness. Players like Tyler Hall do not come around to us very often or at all, they go to the Pac-12 or like conference. So can we stay on the positive side. If there are some weakness in his game that you want to discuss then do it but also try to mention some of his strengths also. Useful criticism address both sides of the equation other wise it is just bitching. Or as my dear friend Thumper is fond of saying "If you can not say anything nice, Don't say nothing at all!"
I agree! And using all star tourneys like the HIT as examples is ridiculous. The kid can play. This well deserved and overdue!!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:25 pm

As an MCHS grad I'm pretty darn excited by this. First MCHS Eagle to get a look from the Bobcats since Randy Van Dyk in the late 70's on the men's basketball side. Hope we get him.

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by wapiti » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:17 am

mslacat wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:14 pm

\:D/ =D^

I hope we get him.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:25 am

mslacat wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:14 pm

The second Summer eval period just ended yesterday. Offers to players started flying out of D-1 programs last night and continue today. I will be real curious to see if any other D-1 offers follow the Bobcats the next couple days. Someone told me Idaho has been showing a lot of interest. On the other hand U of M not so much.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:09 pm

As I posted earlier today a lot of scholarship offers going out today to D-1 basketball prospects. I have another name of a prospect the Bobcats have offered today. The Bobcats have offered 6-7 G/F Brenden Van Dyke from Cowley JC. He is originally from Westview HS in Avondale AZ and PLayed AAU ball with a number of the Bobcats current players. He averaged 6 points 5 rebounds 1 assists 2 blocked shots and 17 Minutes a game last season off the bench. His senior season for Westview high school he averaged 15 points 7 rebounds 2 assists and 2 block shots while shooting 66% from the field and 17% from 3 point range. Everything I read about Van Dyke always labels him a guard/ forward, but based on what I see he is a power forwrd who can play some at the wing spot. He has been improving his 3 point game but it is still a work in progress. He is a pretty athletic player who can guard most of the spots on the floor, but his strong suite seems to be his rebounding. He had some D-1 offers as a senior, including TCU (where his father played) but he had to go the JC route. Montana State is his first D-1 offer but he is getting a lot of interest from a variety of schools

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:58 am

The Bobcats have offered a really intriging prospect in 6-9 Point Forward Cole Henry from Oskaloosa High School in Oskaloosa Iowa. Henry has had a late growth spurt and has gone from 6-4 to 6-9 in about 18-24 months and is grabbing a lot of attention. As a 6-4 Sophomore he had a handful of D-2/NAIA offers but in the last couple months has received 5-8 D-1 offers. Last year he averaged 15 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists and shot 59% from the field. At 6-9 he commonly brought the ball up the court and then would play the 3, 4 or 5 position. PrepHoops Iowa ranked him as one of the best 8 passers in Iowa at the end of the year and was the only player on the list taller than 6-3. On twitter last night when I re-tweeted his MSU Offer Tweet I compared him to Tom Domako, based on his height and ability to play the guard spot. From what I read today, while he is a good 3 point shooter, it does not sound like he is in quite the class Tom was - but frankly who is. This kid is also one of the most heavily recruited player I have seen Fish go after in the past 5 year. For what ever reason it is common to see Fish go after players w/ 3-4 D-1 offers but when it gets close to double digits he tends to back off. Henry currently has about 10 D-1 offers, but all of them are the type of schools we can compete with. That might change. Some of his offers include American, North Dakota, South Dakota, Furman and Indian State and a ton of other schools showing interest. He is ranked by PrepHoops Iowa as the 10th best Junior prospect last March.

PrepHoops <Next Level Invite: Five Takeaways> 7/17/18
Henry Heats Up

We hadn’t been in Milwaukee for more than one hour and Oskaloosa big-man Cole Henry was already putting us to work. The way he was playing during a Martin Brothers 17U shellacking of Wisconsin Playmakers-Stege, we felt compelled to get the message out, so firing off tweet after tweet about the dominant performance seemed necessary. Henry was electrifying in the win while controlling glass and dominating in the paint. He was also showing a much more developed guard skill-set, dropping dimes and bringing the ball up the floor at times. He looked more like a point-forward than anything else. Henry picked up offer from D1 American last weekend. It could be a matter of time before higher level D1s start to get involved.

PrepHoops <Kings of the Court: Saturday Standouts> 5/20/18
....Cole Henry was displaying his ability to get up and slam well above the rim, and was stepping out and shooting the 3-ball fluidly, also passing like a guard.

Cole Henry, 6’9 PF (Martin Brothers 17U)

The Oskaloosa combo-forward had a big day, and his already stellar game continues to improve. He’s got some nice life for a guy his size, and his baseline dunk where he came from side of the rim and slammed one home on the other side was the best jam of the day. It was an impressive flush. He ended the 20 point mercy-rule beat-down of Iowa Mavericks-Gosnell with a pretty 3-ball.

PrepHoops <UPDATED 2019 RANKINGS: Biggest Risers> 4/3/18
Cole Henry (Oskaloosa)

13 to 10

Already a highly regarded prospect in the 2019 class, Henry does what is very tough to do and makes a move into the top-10 of this extraordinarily talented group of players. He led one of the state’s best teams in assists as a combo-forward. We’re guessing he’s the tallest guy in the state to lead his team is assists. Henry was rim-wrecker, too, throwing down a highlight reel’s worth of showstopping slams throughout the year.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:04 pm

Brian Fish made a point of watching 6-4 SG Kenny Foster of Smoky Hills HS in Aurora Colorado, in two games yesterday and shortly there after offered the 6-4 SG last night. Foster averaged 17 points, 3.7 assist, 4.8 rebounds and 2.3 steals a game last year and was a first team all state selection. PrepHoops Colorado has him ranked as the #1 prospect in the Colorado 2019 class. His primary position is shooting guard but has the ball skills to play the point in a pinch. He is known as a shooter and a player that is always in constant motion and can get his shot off very quickly when open. He currently has 10 offered including MOntana State all of them coming since April. The biggest schools on the list are Wyoming, Pepperdine and Milwaukee, so he is still with-in the Bobcats reach.

PrepHoops Colorado 6-19-18 <Spring Review: 2019 Big Time Scorers>
Kenny Foster

There’s no doubt about it that Kenny is a scorer and is one of the special players we have in the state that can score in a variety of ways. He just might be the most versatile player in the state as he has an inside game. If he’s not knocking down a jumper, he’s hitting a mid-range, if he’s not hitting a mid-range, he’s getting to the rim, if its not for a lay-up, it’s a dunk. He can put the ball in the hoop. This year, he’ll be called upon to do more than he ever has for Smoky Hill, so seeing him be able to mesh with a very talented Hawks unit and standout is a success within himself. While he’s known for his scoring, what was on display this spring is his ability to get others involved when needed and that’ll make him an even more complete player.
PrepHoops Colorado 4-4-18 <Saturday Stock Risers at the Route 66 Kickoff>
Kenny Foster 2019 Colorado Hawks Guard

Foster played well for the Colorado Hawks. He is a good-sized Guard with a solid stroke that knocks down a good majority of his shots. Foster has a good work ethic and played solid defense throughout the day. Foster is not a flashy player, but he has good fundamentals along with a solid skill set.
PrepHoops Colorado 3-6-18 <2019 Top SG’s>
1) Kenny Foster-Smoky Hill-Overall Class Rank #1

Throughout his three-year career, Kenny has been a player that’s been at the top of the board as far as being one of the best players in the state. He’s also regarded as one of the best mid-range players in the state that also shows freakish athleticism. He’s a high I.Q. player that can score, defend and affect the game in many ways and throughout his career he’s been able to maintain his consistent numbers. He averaged 18.9 points as a freshman, 17.7 points as a sophomore and 17 points as a junior and will head into senior season looking to progress in that area and get it done. The team will be without some key players next year so it will be up to Kenny to build off of a successful year for the Buffaloes.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:31 pm

I heard last week the Bobcats offered 6-9ish f/c Andre Allen from Arizona Western JC this past season as a freshman. He averaged 10.1 points 5.7 rebounds in about 20 min/game. He also shot 56% from the field and 27% from three point range. He played high school ball at Balboa Prep School in Escondido Ca. who his senior year finished 34-4 and was considered to be one of the top 5 high school teams in California. He came off the bench for Balabo behind another 6-10 forward, averaging 7 points 5 rebounds that year. He went the JC route to get more exposure. This summer he made the top 80 prospect list (actual number has not been published yet) for Juco Report. Said to be pretty skilled and can play defense. He also has an offer from Iona.

That's about all I could find on him,.