Men's 2019 Basketball Recruiting

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Men's 2019 Basketball Recruiting

Post by mslacat » Mon May 14, 2018 4:03 pm

Might as well start this off the following is a list of Players the Bobcats and coach Fish is rumored to be recruiting for 2019 <will be updated>

Guards:
Ade Adebayo 6-2 PG Barking Abbey School United Kingdom - Offered
Amin Adamu 6-3 SG/PG Casper JC (Barking Abbey School United Kingdom) - Offered
Mychael Paulo 6-4 PG/SG/SF Williston State College - Offered (Visited 10-20-18)
Kenny Foster 6-4 SG Smokey Hill HS Aurora Colorado - Committed to Wyoming
Tyreke Locure 6-0 PG North High School, New Orleans LA. - Interest
D'maurian Williams 6-4 SG Westview HS, Avondale AZ - Interest
Trey Anderson 6-7 SG/SF Mater Dei Catholic HS San Diego CA - Offered (Visited 9-15-18)
Marcus Domask - 6-5 SG/SF Waupun HS, Waupun WI - Committed to N. Kentucky
Henry Tanksley 6-3 PG/SG Central Wyoming JC - Offered
Dexter Akanno 6-4 PG/SG Blair Prep Academy (NJ) Valencia HS Valencia CA - Offered

Forwards
Caleb Bellach 6-5 SF/SG Manhattan Christian MT - Committed to Montana State 8/8/18
Stephan Gabriel 6-7 SF/PF Hillcrest Prep AZ. (originally from Maplewood NJ) - Committed to Bradley
Mikal Gjerde 6-6 SG/SF Woodstock Academy CT (Native of Norway will play in the USA for his senior season) - Committed to San Diego
Brenden Van Dyke 6-7 SF/PF Cowley JC - Offered
Sanmi Fajama 6-8 PF Myerscough HS in London England - Offered
Cole Henry 6-9 SF/PF Oskaloosa HS Oskaloosa IA - Committed to U of Northern Iowa
Trevon Allfrey 6-7 PF Copper Hills HS West Jordon UT - Interest

Centers
Jubrile Belo 6-9 C Lamar Community College (originally from London England) - Committed to Montana State 9/6/18)
Luka Jaksic 6-8 C/F Furtah Prep high school Georgia - Offered (Visited 9-15-18) committed to Kennesaw State
Andre Allen 6-8 C/F Arizona Western JC - Committed to Buffalo
Anrdea LoBiondo 6-9 F-C Southern Idaho JC(Miles City CC 17-18) Legnano Italy - Interest
James Hampshire 7-0 C Casper JC (Mesa CC 17-18) Flagstaff Az - Offered

Note: MSU recruiting interest (ie Offered, Interest etc.) is based on rumors and internet buzz.
Last edited by mslacat on Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 27 times in total.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Men's 2019 Basketball Recruiting

Post by allcat » Mon May 14, 2018 4:22 pm

You seem to have left the centers out of your post ](*,)

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon May 14, 2018 4:23 pm

It is being reported that coach Fish and his staff have offered combo forward Stephan Gabriel of Hillcrest Prep in Arizona. This is the same Prep school that 2018 Bobcats recruit Zeke Quinlan is from, but while Quinlan played on the Post Grad team I believe Gabriel is on their high school team. Hillcrest plays a national schedule and is often ranked in the top 10-20 team in the country. Gabriel is listed any where from 6-5 to 6-8 but I believe 6-7 is most likely more correct. I can not find stats on him but he is described as a very physical, upper level athletic small forward. Saw one comparison to Labron James (take with a grain of salt) in the fact that he is a perimeter players, but is strong enough to over power most high school players. Currently he has reported to have 9 D-1 offered, including the Bobcats, Montana Grizzlies and Bradley. From what I am reading though if the Bobcats (or Griz for that matter) do not sign him early he could be out of our reach real quick.

Video

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon May 14, 2018 4:23 pm

allcat wrote:You seem to have left the centers out of your post ](*,)
As soon as I hear of one I will let you know!

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed May 16, 2018 4:37 pm

I have heard Coach Fish is personally showing strong interest in 2019 6-0 PG Tyreke Locure of North High School in New Orleans LA. Locure averaged 25.6 points 5 assists and 4 steals a game this past year as a junior. He is an explosive guard with good range and can score in traffic. Not sure if the Bobcats have offered him yet, but he does hold offers from Drake & N. Dakota w/ a lot of schools showing serious interest since the spring AAU season.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:46 am

Yesterday (June 15th) was the first day that coaches could start, phone, text or personal communication with the recruiting class of 2018-19. On my twitter feed I retweeted 5-6 California players the Griz Officially Contacted yesterday and a couple more today, Did not see or hear of anything official from the Bobcat men's side, but I have heard Haslam has been over in Europe scouting players and we have a few targets over there. Based on the past couple recruiting cycles Fish and the Bobcats do tend to get involved early with a ton of players. Fish may find 2 or 3 players he really likes and get involved early, but tends to wait until after the first Eval period in July before he starts seriously talking to or offering player. I would not expect a lot of action on the 2018-19 class. Fish still needs to fill 1 or 2 scholarships from the 2017-18 class.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:47 am

The Bobcat have offered 6-9 center Jubrile Belo originally from London, United Kingdom (Barking Abbey School) he played for Lamar Community College last year and averaged 4.7 points, 2.4 rebounds while shooting 56.4% from the field. He also has an offer from Iona

Video from his freshman year

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:47 am

mslacat wrote:The Bobcat have offered 6-9 center Jubrile Belo originally from London, United Kingdom (Barking Abbey School) he played for Lamar Community College last year and averaged 4.7 points, 2.4 rebounds while shooting 56.4% from the field. He also has an offer from Iona

Video from his freshman year
So you say he's going to Iona?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:50 am

He is still at least 5 months from signing anywhere so who know. Coach Haslam has been recruiting him for 2-3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:43 pm

Interesting thing I just found out about 6-9 center Jubrile Belo (mentioned above). He played in only 7 games (starting 4 games), He injured his leg the first part of the season and was averaging 6.5 points 5 rebs in 19 minutes a game before the injury. He tried to playing 2 more games (total of 1 minute PT) before he was shelved for good. The interesting part is the scouts are saying he has been granted a medical red-shirt for last year. The up coming year will be Freshman year and he is on schedule to graduate next year meaning he would have 3 years of eligibility at D-1 which would make him even more attractive.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:06 pm

Basketball recruiting has been such a rollercoaster these past few years that I have stopped getting excited about anyone until they sign.

The way players leave the program in droves, though, I may start waiting until they graduate :lol:

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:53 pm

I hope he doesn't look like Bradley Fischer.....long body and short legs!

2024 Resume dominance

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:00 am

Helcat72 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:53 pm
I hope he doesn't look like Bradley Fischer.....long body and short legs!
I hope Fish finds a post man with long arms. I don't really care how long his legs are.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:27 am

Brian Fish has offered 6-6 shooting guard/small forward Mikal Gjerde from Oslo Norway. Gjerde (don't ask me how to pronounce it) has been playing for the semi-pro Kongsberg Miners the past season where he averaged 12 points, 3.5 rebounds. He is, though, enrolling at Woodstock Academy a prep school in Connecticut for his senior season. This summer playing for the Norway 18U team he averaged 16 points, 8.6 rebounds and 2.2 assists. He is considered to be one of if not the best player in his age group in Norway. As of right now MOntana State is his only offer, but St. Mary's, San Francisco, and Northern Colorado are showing strong interest. He is considered to be close to or equal to a Harald Frey level recruit. If so he will not stay hidden in for long at Woodstock Academy. Best chance for the bobcats is to sign him early before his recruitment takes off.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:45 am

I found the following video on Mikal Gjerde but it is 12 months old

Here is a video from just highlight of last months U18 Nordic Championship

Sorry guys I tried every-way I could to embed the media but the site is smarter than me.

Mod Edit: Updated for you mslacat. there was an issue with the board and handling of youtube videos, should be fixed now.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:31 pm

The first summer recruiting period starts in about 4 days. All of the Men's coaches will be out to different tournaments scouting Future Bobcats. The men could will have a minimum 3 scholarships to offer and possibly as many as 5 or more. They seem real interested in a point guard from what I can tell and are also looking at the JC ranks more than in the past. One name to keep an eye on is local boy Caleb Bellach from Manhattan Christian (I consider Manhattan very local). I am told they had him and his family in for a visit (I believe unofficial but I could be wrong) this past week and they have been in close contact with him all summer. Ballach really opened some eyes this spring on the AAU circuit that landed him a few D-2/NAIA offers no D-1 offered yet but a whole lot of interest from quite a few D-1 programs including Idaho, Air Force, Utah, UC Davis, Layola Marymount, Utah Valley, San Jose, Idaho State, Santa Clara, Oregon State, and Grand Canyon are showing interest and will be watching him. Just my gut if the Bobcats have not pulled the trigger yet on an offer look for them to do it very early if Ballach has a good showing early.

Interesting I also think the Bobcats are very high on Norway's small forward Mikal Gjerde. Both players are in that 6-6 sg/sf mold. I wonder if the Bobcats would take both?

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:48 pm

mslacat wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:31 pm
The first summer recruiting period starts in about 4 days. All of the Men's coaches will be out to different tournaments scouting Future Bobcats. The men could will have a minimum 3 scholarships to offer and possibly as many as 5 or more. They seem real interested in a point guard from what I can tell and are also looking at the JC ranks more than in the past. One name to keep an eye on is local boy Caleb Bellach from Manhattan Christian (I consider Manhattan very local). I am told they had him and his family in for a visit (I believe unofficial but I could be wrong) this past week and they have been in close contact with him all summer. Ballach really opened some eyes this spring on the AAU circuit that landed him a few D-2/NAIA offers no D-1 offered yet but a whole lot of interest from quite a few D-1 programs including Idaho, Air Force, Utah, UC Davis, Layola Marymount, Utah Valley, San Jose, Idaho State, Santa Clara, Oregon State, and Grand Canyon are showing interest and will be watching him. Just my gut if the Bobcats have not pulled the trigger yet on an offer look for them to do it very early if Ballach has a good showing early.

Interesting I also think the Bobcats are very high on Norway's small forward Mikal Gjerde. Both players are in that 6-6 sg/sf mold. I wonder if the Bobcats would take both?
I know the Bellach family, specifically Caleb's dad and coach Jeff. I spoke to him directly about a month ago to see if Caleb was getting much interest from either the Cats or Griz. He said "sadly, no". A lot can change in a month and maybe Cats or Griz recruting toward his has gained some momentum, but as of about a month ago there was really no action at all. The kid is a darn good ball player and very athletic. I think he could develop to be a D1 player if given the chance.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:16 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:48 pm
mslacat wrote:

I know the Bellach family, specifically Caleb's dad and coach Jeff. I spoke to him directly about a month ago to see if Caleb was getting much interest from either the Cats or Griz. He said "sadly, no". A lot can change in a month and maybe Cats or Griz recruting toward his has gained some momentum, but as of about a month ago there was really no action at all. The kid is a darn good ball player and very athletic. I think he could develop to be a D1 player if given the chance.
I heard that the Bobcat coaches were very impressed with his performance at their summer camp. Not enough to offer but enough to start paying him a lot of attention. We will have to see how this all shakes out.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:42 am

I have been updating the recruits at the top of this threads as I hear stuff. When some of these rumors become more solid (like an offer going out) I will do a full write up on the prospect.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:40 am

mslacat wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:16 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:48 pm
mslacat wrote:

I heard that the Bobcat coaches were very impressed with his performance at their summer camp. Not enough to offer but enough to start paying him a lot of attention. We will have to see how this all shakes out.
if he has a jump shot like his pops i'd say he's worth the look! dad could shoot the lights out. seems we havn't had one of those knock-down guys since the days of sprinks, brown, conway. love those guys where when they miss you're way more suprised than when they make.