BEER

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Re: BEER

Post by coachouert » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:56 am

rtb wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:Heard on the Beer Street that Big Sky Brewing is going to release some sort of Grizzly themed beer, With the blessings of the U of M. MSU is looking for a Brewery to do the same for a Bobcat Branded beer, and that no Brewery in Bozeman has the capacity to do what they want, so I have heard that they approached Kettlehouse Brewing in Missoula to see if it would be feasible. The MSU and Kettlehouse part is still conjecture, But I'm pretty sure the Griz Whiz is a go.
I know who the brewery is. It will be a GREAT beer.
Yup, it should be delicious if it's anything like their other beers. Lots of good feedback regarding the type of beer to have and the drinkability for a large audience was also taken into consideration.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:33 pm

coachouert wrote:
rtb wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:Heard on the Beer Street that Big Sky Brewing is going to release some sort of Grizzly themed beer, With the blessings of the U of M. MSU is looking for a Brewery to do the same for a Bobcat Branded beer, and that no Brewery in Bozeman has the capacity to do what they want, so I have heard that they approached Kettlehouse Brewing in Missoula to see if it would be feasible. The MSU and Kettlehouse part is still conjecture, But I'm pretty sure the Griz Whiz is a go.
Yup, it should be delicious if it's anything like their other beers. Lots of good feedback regarding the type of beer to have and the drinkability for a large audience was also taken into consideration.
I got a case of first batch headed my way. It’s an IPA, I’m told. [emoji482][emoji1360][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:33 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
coachouert wrote:
rtb wrote:
I got a case of first batch headed my way. It’s an IPA, I’m told. [emoji482][emoji1360][emoji41]

Better than that piss Big Sky canned for UM.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:25 am

Micro: Cold Smoke

Macro: Stella Artois

Brewery: Svijany Brewery, Svijany Czech Rep.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:27 am

Sunday afternoon we did a bit of grocery shopping and thought we would try Pilgrim Natural Foods.
First off, pretty darn good beer selection. Finally found some Goose Island Bourbon Barrel Stout. Surprised to find it in a smaller store chain. Total Wines and BevMo have never had it in stock. Yes, it is a seasonal so it was pretty much plain luck to find it.
Well, my grade would be a B. Definitely a pretty good beer but like most the Bourbon tends to be a bit heavy. Still smooth though. And at almost $11.00 a bottle, think it is a 22oz bottle, a bit pricey. So I can check this one off my list. I bought two so now have to drink the second one. Tough task ahead there but somebody has to do it :-^ :-^ :-^ :) :) :)

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Who is into the Hazy craze? I'm all in! Any of you guys been to Perry Street Brewing in Spokane? They are Hazing the crap out of beer right now. Their Hazy Pale is top shelf.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

rtb

Post by rtb » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:57 am

Common Cat wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:13 pm
Who is into the Hazy craze? I'm all in! Any of you guys been to Perry Street Brewing in Spokane? They are Hazing the crap out of beer right now. Their Hazy Pale is top shelf.
I am definitely enjoying the craze! I was just in Spokane late last week and had their juicy IPA (Buzzsaw McThunder) which was a really good one. If you're back in Bozeman the newest brewery Mountains Walking makes a great hazy IPA called Grazing Clouds. And here in Oregon well we have a ton of good beer!

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:11 pm

KettleHouse has been sending NEIPA down to Bronkens this summer, (they call it "Shady Brady" New England IPA up here in MSO), not sure which accounts it is at, Spectators or Montana Ale works?. It is a pretty chewy juicy hazy brew for sure.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:40 pm

rtb wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:57 am
Common Cat wrote:
I am definitely enjoying the craze! I was just in Spokane late last week and had their juicy IPA (Buzzsaw McThunder) which was a really good one. If you're back in Bozeman the newest brewery Mountains Walking makes a great hazy IPA called Grazing Clouds. And here in Oregon well we have a ton of good beer!
Agreed on Grazing Clouds being really good and Mountains Walking has some pretty solid food which helps too. MAP has a hazy NE IPA called Strange Cattle that I've been drinking a ton of recently. I personally love all the hazy brews coming out.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:57 pm

coachouert wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:40 pm
rtb wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:57 am
Common Cat wrote:
Agreed on Grazing Clouds being really good and Mountains Walking has some pretty solid food which helps too. MAP has a hazy NE IPA called Strange Cattle that I've been drinking a ton of recently. I personally love all the hazy brews coming out.
Definitely a fan of the Strange Cattle. The Fempire Strikes Back from Map is a better NE IPA in my opinion but it's tough to find as they don't have it very often.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:46 am

Had a few of the Hazy IPAs from 10 Barrel in the fridge. Not too bad.

I guess all of the different varieties of IPAs must be done using different types of hops, yeasts?

msubobcats@outlook.com

Bobcatsinmso

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:09 am

The #1 selling Montana produced craft beer, Cold Smoke Scotch Ale from KettleHouse Brewing will soon be making an appearance in the Spokane and coeur d'alene areas this fall. It wont be long before it shows up in Seattle and Portland as well. It is going to be a smash hit because the reality is that even in the Pacific NW there are tons of people who do not want super hopped up beers. The hop tea craze is here to stay but eventually it is going to peak as more craft beer drinkers transition into lower ABV session ales and craft Pilsners and Lagers.

FTG

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:55 am

Micro: Cold Smoke
Macro: Keystone (because it's cheap)
Brewery: This is becoming Map Brewery. Easily the best place to drink a beer, and the beer is getting better all the time.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:30 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:09 am
The #1 selling Montana produced craft beer, Cold Smoke Scotch Ale from KettleHouse Brewing will soon be making an appearance in the Spokane and coeur d'alene areas this fall. It wont be long before it shows up in Seattle and Portland as well. It is going to be a smash hit because the reality is that even in the Pacific NW there are tons of people who do not want super hopped up beers. The hop tea craze is here to stay but eventually it is going to peak as more craft beer drinkers transition into lower ABV session ales and craft Pilsners and Lagers.
Oh man if I can get Cold Smoke up here in Skagit Valley I will be ecstatic. I can get some Big Sky Brewing stuff, and Montucky Cold Snacks, but that's it for MT beer.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:33 am

We have a new brewery in Lewistown. Their scotch ale is really, really good. Rivals Cold Smoke I'd say. Also a Golden Ale that is really good.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:33 pm

A few months ago Patti and I went on a J Lohr Wine cruise on Lake Coeur d'Alene. The people we walked up to in line were BOBCAT fans, the Nafzingers. I guess they have a Coffee business in Bozeman... So we had a really good visit... Turns out she is the beer officianado and he is the wine drinker. She showed us a beer passport card for all the Montana breweries. How does one go about getting one?

msubobcats@outlook.com

Bobcatsinmso

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:04 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:33 am
We have a new brewery in Lewistown. Their scotch ale is really, really good. Rivals Cold Smoke I'd say. Also a Golden Ale that is really good.
Yes I have heard that. It most likely because the person who did the consulting on the Brew house over there was a former Brewer for kettleHouse, and left on bad terms and I have heard he tells every new brewery he gets involved with that he can show them how to brew ColdSmoke. No worries for kettleHouse however, as none of these new outfits are ever going to make it big like the KettleHouse brewing company. Imitation is the best form of flattery. Also the fine folks at K-House have unveiled a new variety pack of ColdSmoke featuring a coffee, coconut and cherry version. Shelves were wiped clean within 2 days of introduction here in Missoula. I'm not sure when those will be available elsewhere.

FTG

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:39 pm

RickRund wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:33 pm
A few months ago Patti and I went on a J Lohr Wine cruise on Lake Coeur d'Alene. The people we walked up to in line were BOBCAT fans, the Nafzingers. I guess they have a Coffee business in Bozeman... So we had a really good visit... Turns out she is the beer officianado and he is the wine drinker. She showed us a beer passport card for all the Montana breweries. How does one go about getting one?
Is this what you are talking about maybe?

http://www.montanabrewerypassport.com/

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:41 am

kmax wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:39 pm
RickRund wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:33 pm
Is this what you are talking about maybe?

http://www.montanabrewerypassport.com/
Thank you kmax... That is what she showed us. Bucket list time!!!

msubobcats@outlook.com

Bobcatsinmso

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:13 pm

Trucks are being loaded next week for the first cases and kegs of KettleHouse Cold Smoke to hit the North Idaho region and Spokane valley. Odom group is the distributor. Just in time for Thanksgiving, should be plenty of giving of thanks in the month of November for those folks! :suds: =D^

FTG