Gresch Jensen Leaving the Griz!!!

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Gresch Jensen Leaving the Griz!!!

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:56 am

Colter reporting that Jensen is transferring.

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/sta ... 4737197056

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: Gresch Jensen Leaving the Griz!!!

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:01 pm

Wow, very surprising. He throws a very nice ball and seemed like a very good up and coming QB for the Griz.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:17 pm

Him transferring here to get revenge on Bobby would be sweet news to me.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:50 pm

Sneed is Bobby’s guy I guess. Sneed is from Scottsdale, started out in FBS, went to a JC, then to FCS and wears #11. Ring a bell? At Ft. Scott he threw 7 tds and 11 interceptions and completed just 54% of his passes. 5.6 yards per attempt.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:13 pm

iaafan wrote:Sneed is Bobby’s guy I guess. Sneed is from Scottsdale, started out in FBS, went to a JC, then to FCS and wears #11. Ring a bell? At Ft. Scott he threw 7 tds and 11 interceptions and completed just 54% of his passes. 5.6 yards per attempt.
He's similar to Murray in that he's a better runner than passer.

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:21 pm

E-griz is a good read right now.

bob12
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bob12 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:33 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
iaafan wrote:Sneed is Bobby’s guy I guess. Sneed is from Scottsdale, started out in FBS, went to a JC, then to FCS and wears #11. Ring a bell? At Ft. Scott he threw 7 tds and 11 interceptions and completed just 54% of his passes. 5.6 yards per attempt.
I'm sure he was referring to Tyler Bruggman

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:43 pm

Sneed, like Bruggman, was highly touted qb out of Scottsdale, went FBS, then JC, then FCS, and wears #11.

His QB rating was 101.9 at Ft. Scott. Bruggman was 97.2. Murray was 122.6 last year. 110.6 frosh year.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:43 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Aaaand, I'd be very surprised if he's even close to being as good as Murray in terms of running the ball and having the ability to take over a game. 8)

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:55 pm

#RTD

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:24 pm

iaafan wrote:Sneed, like Bruggman, was highly touted qb out of Scottsdale, went FBS, then JC, then FCS, and wears #11.

His QB rating was 101.9 at Ft. Scott. Bruggman was 97.2. Murray was 122.6 last year. 110.6 frosh year.
Murray’s rating from last year is almost exactly the same as Lulay’s his last 3 years at MSU. Better than Kempt, Rolovich, Carpenter.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:32 pm

Hawks86 wrote:#RTD
They need to get rid of any players who don't get it, who don't understand what "Montana football" is all about, or bleed dark pink. The days of country club, easy street football are freaking over. griz are going 40-0 in 2018. Mark it. You heard it here first.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:08 pm

It’s a cold, cruel world and a coach has a duty to bring in players to make their team better. That combination leads to things like this. Once you enter the arena of college sports you need to understand this.

That said, Hauck is taking, or took, a huge gamble. He’s taking a huge gamble if he flat ran Jensen off. He took a huge gamble if he created a situation where Jensen felt he had to leave. If Sneed turns out to be a flop, everyone will be looking at Hauck.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Post by bobcat92 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Griz fans are going to experience what is like to have a new coach and no returning starting QB. I wonder if the E-griz fans can understand or accept a new coach that has losing record after the first season. It will be interesting to follow Griz this season.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:26 pm

bobcat92 wrote:Griz fans are going to experience what is like to have a new coach and no returning starting QB. I wonder if the E-griz fans can understand or accept a new coach that has losing record after the first season. It will be interesting to follow Griz this season.
That’s possible, but it looks like UM has a relatively easy schedule this year. Drake, SAC, Poly, UCD, PSU and UND.

toM StUber

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:08 am

FTG :-({|=

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:11 am

TomCat88 wrote:
bobcat92 wrote:Griz fans are going to experience what is like to have a new coach and no returning starting QB. I wonder if the E-griz fans can understand or accept a new coach that has losing record after the first season. It will be interesting to follow Griz this season.
That’s possible, but it looks like UM has a relatively easy schedule this year. Drake, SAC, Poly, UCD, PSU and UND.
And with a fairly easy schedule if they could have a less than acceptable record, anything under 11-0, it would be fun to start the popcorn..

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:20 am

TomCat88 wrote:
I'll give you Drake, but every one of those other teams you listed could beat the Griz in 2018, No they won't all bet them, but I bet the Griz lose to at least two of those teams.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:43 am

catatac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
I'll give you Drake, but every one of those other teams you listed could beat the Griz in 2018, No they won't all bet them, but I bet the Griz lose to at least two of those teams.
UC Dave seems to be getting better. UND might be bad, or maybe 2017 was just a little bit of a down year. Portland will probably be beyond horrible again. So I'd say um would only be a heavy favorite over Drake and Portland.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:55 am

Cledus wrote:
catatac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
UC Dave seems to be getting better. UND might be bad, or maybe 2017 was just a little bit of a down year. Portland will probably be beyond horrible again. So I'd say um would only be a heavy favorite over Drake and Portland.
I think the Griz are going to find out what lack of depth means in the current Big Sky Conference. I see them losing 4 of their last 5 games. UC Davis is the only one I'd pick the Griz for right now.

@North Dakota L
UC Davis W
@Southern Utah L
@Idaho L
Montana State L

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act