Another Griz FB player quits

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Another Griz FB player quits

Post by iaafan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:35 am

Not all that significant as players leave programs all the time, but all five were highly touted players. Dick was Gatorade POY, Banks a 3 star, Sweet, Stoner and Sanders all 2 star. Sanders transfer from WSU.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: Another Griz FB player quits

Post by RickRund » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:47 am

iaafan wrote:Not all that significant as players leave programs all the time, but all five were highly touted players. Dick was Gatorade POY, Banks a 3 star, Sweet, Stoner and Sanders all 2 star. Sanders transfer from WSU.
Dick was the young man from Billings, correct?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:54 am

All to be expected.
There's a natural turnover every year, at every program. And then with a new coach, a new system, and a new culture.....some guys just won't fit.

griz5700
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by griz5700 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:16 pm

The more the better.

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ
http://goo.gl/A6rsSA

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:12 am

griz5700 wrote:The more the better.
Yep. I get a kick out of how it plays out almost every single time. Remember when Stitt said Graduation was a good thing? It's funny to me how almost every new coach comes in and cleans house and clears out all the dumb, low character, weak, lazy players... and replaces them with the right kind of kids. You know the ones. High character, tough, winners on and off the field, do anything to help the team, play for the guy next to him, basically just plug in whatever cliche you'd like here. :lol: Ife if every coach in the country is preaching this and recruiting this way, why are there 30 or 40 bad eggs on every team every time a new HC comes along? Where are they all coming from? lol

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:41 pm

iaafan wrote:Not all that significant as players leave programs all the time, but all five were highly touted players. Dick was Gatorade POY, Banks a 3 star, Sweet, Stoner and Sanders all 2 star. Sanders transfer from WSU.
Sanders - retired due to injuries
Stoner - staying at UM and retiring over injuries
Dick - homesick and never gonna play QB, transfer to NAIA.
Sweet - no idea, probably coaching change
Banks - didn't like Mt and was leaving even if Stitt retained.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:45 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Why do you need to make excuses. It happens with every change. Just a couple of years ago, we were making fun of how many Griz were shoved out the door by Stit, then we did it with Choate. Now the most easily despised person in Montana is doing it again, it happens. I think Jay Hill has about the best Big Sky team. I would bet if you looked at his first 2 years, you would find the same thing.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:04 am

allcat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Why do you need to make excuses. It happens with every change. Just a couple of years ago, we were making fun of how many Griz were shoved out the door by Stit, then we did it with Choate. Now the most easily despised person in Montana is doing it again, it happens. I think Jay Hill has about the best Big Sky team. I would bet if you looked at his first 2 years, you would find the same thing.
Not making excuses. I have direct knowledge of each of those and was clarifying. Only one I have no idea on is Sweet but i do know he loved Semore as that's who recruited him from OK so that one is more than likely due to coaching change. When players retire due to medical issues and injuries it's not being fair to them the way the original poster painted it.

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:09 pm

What did Bob Hauck promise at half time of the basketball game Saturday night?

Was it some motivational speech off note cards about winning a national championship?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:16 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
allcat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Not making excuses. I have direct knowledge of each of those and was clarifying. Only one I have no idea on is Sweet but i do know he loved Semore as that's who recruited him from OK so that one is more than likely due to coaching change. When players retire due to medical issues and injuries it's not being fair to them the way the original poster painted it.
Yes it is.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:55 am

We have lost about 5 already this winter with more to come. We lose 5-10 every year.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:45 am

I have direct knowledge that we'll lose some guys after spring ball. Some will be back when schools starts and some won't. My contacts tell me that the griz will lose some guys for various reasons. The main one being that Booby sucks and is generally a bad human being. :coffee:

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:30 am

Griz lost another I have direct knowledge of. A PWO from last year named Jared Thurber. Not sure of the reason.

My point earlier is when guys retire for medical reasons, I have a problem with someone saying they "quit". Believe me, more often than not these kids would do anything to keep playing, but they physically can't.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:33 am

Hawks86 wrote:I have direct knowledge that we'll lose some guys after spring ball. Some will be back when schools starts and some won't. My contacts tell me that the griz will lose some guys for various reasons. The main one being that Booby sucks and is generally a bad human being. :coffee:
Wow, insider stuff. I can' imagine the immense pressure that causes, and the strain not to let it out. :-^

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:38 pm

Hawks86 wrote:I have direct knowledge that we'll lose some guys after spring ball. Some will be back when schools starts and some won't. My contacts tell me that the griz will lose some guys for various reasons. The main one being that Booby sucks and is generally a bad human being. :coffee:
I think we have the same source. I've heard almost the exact same thing.

Message me so we can talk about insider stuff. :suds:

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Placidlakegriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Placidlakegriz » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:50 pm

Stood in line Saturday night waiting to get in to the GRIZ/cat men's basketball game with 30ish GRIZ football players. The 5 guys I talked to, are jacked that Bobby is the head coach. They are loving the energy he has brought.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:35 pm

Placidlakegriz wrote:

Stood in line Saturday night waiting to get in to the cat/griz men's basketball game with 30ish GRIZ football players. The 5 guys I talked to, are jacked that Bobby is the head coach. They are loving the energy he has brought.
What you posted was an obvious lie. I fixed it for you to enhance the believability.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:47 am

Starting DE Favaroso(sp?) has called it a career at UM, according to Skyline/Colter.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:01 pm

TomCat88 wrote:Starting DE Favaroso(sp?) has called it a career at UM, according to Skyline/Colter.
Wow!!! A starter even.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:27 pm

Starting QB, starting DE, they are weak at CB and thin on the O line. This could possibly be a very rough season for a team with an already delusional fan base that thinks Bobby will take them back to the playoffs immediately. Sneed will have to be the next Deshawn Watson for that to happen.