Spam Posts

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Spam Posts

Post by Catsrgrood » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Admins, what is the deal with the massive amounts of spam posts here lately? Is there any way to go ahead and delete these, and better yet, prevent them from clogging up the board?

I know there isn’t a ton going on here right now but it’s a pain to come to the board and have to navigate through all the irrelevant posts.

At the time of this posting, there are 15 threads on this main page alone that are spam of some kind.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Spam Posts

Post by allcat » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:00 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:Admins, what is the deal with the massive amounts of spam posts here lately? Is there any way to go ahead and delete these, and better yet, prevent them from clogging up the board?

I know there isn’t a ton going on here right now but it’s a pain to come to the board and have to navigate through all the irrelevant posts.

At the time of this posting, there are 15 threads on this main page alone that are spam of some kind.
But I have a lot of Pandora Nike's to sell. Are you Pandora phobic?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:Admins, what is the deal with the massive amounts of spam posts here lately? Is there any way to go ahead and delete these, and better yet, prevent them from clogging up the board?

Send them a PM. They probably aren’t paying attention to the board and won’t see your posting either.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:18 pm

AFCAT wrote:

Send them a PM. They probably aren’t paying attention to the board and won’t see your posting either.
Clicking the "report post" will also notify them. Also a good time to give thanks that we don't have a guy like Scats as a moderator. =D^ :lol:

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Another forum I visit regularly has a feature that automatically deletes a post once it is marked as spam by a certain number of people. Not sure if this board has that feature or not, but it could help. Probably best to just ignore the spam posts and let them fall off the front page as people post in the legitimate threads.

ameriCATS
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ameriCATS » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:22 pm

I did all of my Christmas shopping using the spam posts

Red White, Blue and Gold. Freedom and Football favor the bold

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:07 am

ameriCATS wrote:I did all of my Christmas shopping using the spam posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: