Skyline Sports - Spring 2017 update

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Re: Skyline Sports - Spring 2017 update

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Dang when my subscription expired I was unable to log in right away. I put off renewing my subscription for a week or two but then decided to renew. I had trouble and couldn’t get it figured out and just let it go. I have kept telling myself that I’m not missing that much but honestly I know that there is plenty that I’m missing by not being a premium subscriber.
Frankly the amount of great info that you provide in your free articles is so much that it is easy to talk oneself into not subscribing. Free articles should only whet the appetite. Add to that difficulty in the subscribing process and …well here I am.
I will get off my butt and get renewed but please make it is easier and more secure to accomplish. I’ll spread the word to friends that should be interested also.
Keep improving, developing, and expanding your business and eventually you will turn the corner and reap the benefits of your hard work.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:21 pm

I also think it wouldn't hurt to have audio interviews with former Bobcat greats (football or basketball) to share memories/stories/etc. Just another idea for premium content as the interviews could be part of a weekly segment during the season or offseason. You are a good interviewer Colter so I think you should continue to expand on that area. This could be separate from your in-season interviews with current coaches and players. Could be a way to keep subscribers engaged during the offseason.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:26 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
CelticCat wrote:My suggestions:

A MY ACCOUNT tab or something similar on the top.

Some sort of indicator on each post whether it is premium or not. That way when scrolling through the articles, you can get a good sense of what benefits you will receive as a premium subscriber just based on the number of premium articles available.

Lock down some more free content as premium, or add more content to the premium section. One thing that I really liked that Will Holden did years back was an "eye in the sky" type breakdown, where he analysed some film from the most recent game and gave good insight on what was happening. If you could add some sort of video content you'd likely see a bump in subscriptions. People are starved for video content at MSU, we severely lack behind most FCS schools, even most Big Sky schools. Example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne2Bu_E06Yo

But mostly, make sure people are being charged for the premium content, sounds like that is your single biggest problem right now. I'm not sure what platform you are using, but if you are using Wordpress there is bound to be some really good addon, possible for free, for automatically subscription services.
I'm with CelticCat on everything in regards to the video content. You and Brooks are very knowledgeable of the game and one of my favorite things to listen is your game previews that come out Friday or Thursday during the season. Again, I realize you guys are likely still in the "start-up" phase so you may not have the manpower but putting up video breakdowns as premium content is well worth the dollar spent per month, in my opinion.

I'm also on board with a My Account page that shows what your premium subscription entails.
If Skyline added video content, breaking down past games, perhaps a video show of the Podcast that you guys do at the R-Bar (personally I'd think that would be the best way to increase advertising, like say from a local microbrewer or spirit maker, that you guys drink/plug throughout the show) I'd pay an increased sub price for that content...

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:03 pm

VimSince03 wrote:I also think it wouldn't hurt to have audio interviews with former Bobcat greats (football or basketball) to share memories/stories/etc. Just another idea for premium content as the interviews could be part of a weekly segment during the season or offseason. You are a good interviewer Colter so I think you should continue to expand on that area. This could be separate from your in-season interviews with current coaches and players. Could be a way to keep subscribers engaged during the offseason.
I know it all depends on the person but I think it would be fun to listen to a guy from the 70's or 80's talk about their football and MSU memories for 20-30 minutes.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:32 pm

The same experience as everyone else.I attempted to renew in February when it was due. Igot to the renewal page, but the year renewal was not available, just monthly and 6 months. I chose 6 months and got it to accept my credit card, but it wouldn't finish the tranaction. It merely listed my membership as pending. I e-mailed both Colter and Brooks but received no reply.

2024 Resume dominance

rvcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by rvcat » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:11 pm

I have been trying to pay for awhile. tried e mails, no reply. tried private message on here and got reply asking for e mail address witch I sent then nothing. Even tried new account with new e mail address. I keep getting error page when it should accept payment.

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:57 am

A lot of good feed back here for Colter. I would love to here what he has to say about our experiences trying to pay him.
Last edited by stevo on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:29 am

I'd also like to renew my sub Colter, you guys deserve to get paid for all you do. Please figure out the bug.

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:00 am

I haven't even been able to access the site since yesterday. What's up?

gocats77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by gocats77 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:03 am

I didn't realize that I haven't paid for this subscription since 2015 and really do enjoy the content & want it to continue so I, too, will gladly pay for this service as soon as the bugs can be worked out to re-up!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Haven't had to renew my subscription in a while either.

Sounds like communication is a bit of a struggle.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:45 pm

.......Colter? Lol let us know something man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:47 am

Colter, I'm no business genius, but you've got well over a thousand dollars in revenue asking for you to get ahold of them so that they can pay you. I think it would be wise to respond both individually and in this thread. Then maybe consider hiring a business manager.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:16 pm

My subscription ended a long time ago and I couldn't sign on so I didn't try anymore, but after hearing about so many other guys who could still sign on after their subscriptions had lapsed I thought I'd try it again and son of a gun I got signed on. That's crazy.
Again Colter make it easy to renew and I'll do it. Looking forward to articles about how our team developed with winter training and what happens in spring drills.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:25 am

bobcat99 wrote:Colter, I'm no business genius, but you've got well over a thousand dollars in revenue asking for you to get ahold of them so that they can pay you. I think it would be wise to respond both individually and in this thread. Then maybe consider hiring a business manager.
I'm actually starting to get concerned about him, its been a solid 4 days and there is probably $2,000 sitting on this thread waiting for him to respond.

Anyone seen him around? Is he ok?

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:42 am

Hello everybody!

Thank you so much for the great, in-depth responses. Honestly, it's humbling to know this many people are interested enough to write with such good feedback. And it's frustrating to know that we've had a glitch in the system that has made it so hard on all of you to sign up or renew! I'm so sorry for the inconvenience and the struggles you might have encountered.

I wanted to let this thread go through the weekend before responding so we could figure out some of the issues. The easiest way to explain the technology glitch is Skyline Sports grew so big both in the amount of usernames in the system and the amount of pure data we uploaded over the last 6-8 months that it lost the path to communicate with itself, hence the problem with you all trying to renew under existing user names. The lost path also caused for the code we use to make content premium to not match up, hence why many of you were able to read premium content without having a current subscription. It also put a major bug in the pay system, which we are currently working out.

In order to remedy this problem, I am going to message each one of you who responded individually. From there, I can get your email address and I can send you an email to avoid any communication going to spam folders or getting lost. I'm not sure what the issue was there but we never meant to ignore any of you and I apologies profusely for any emails or messages that went without a response!

Once we communicate via message or email, I can individually update each of your subscription statuses and we can take care of payment that way. I will most likely ask for checks in the mail so we can get everyone rolling with spring drills starting this week and then we can fix it electronically on our end by the end of the week.

Again, thank you so much for all your great feedback and for your interest in what we do! We have had a wild last seven months filled with travel, chaos and joy! We produced more than 1,000 pieces of content between the football and basketball seasons, drove more than 15,000 miles and had a ton of fun doing it. Brooks, his wife Kaila, and I all still live together and we had a wonderful new edition to our family in September (hence why the photos from the Idaho game aren't any good — I took them :lol: ) Ellis Charles Nuanez was born the day of the Idaho game and he watched the contest in full during his first day on earth!

I give my brother a great deal of respect for working as the vice president of E-commerce for all the Goodwill stores in Montana while also managing Skyline, providing excellent photography for all Bobcat events and being a full-time dad. We are excited to provide you with the best spring ball coverage we can and we really, really appreciate your interest in what we are doing as we continue to try to build something new and fun and, hopefully, really beneficial to those who read it.

Thanks again!

Colter

60's Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 60's Cat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:16 pm

Coulter,
I am confident my subscription has expired or is about to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:08 pm

Mine is also expired and I was unable to renew, but would like to.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Got a PM from Colter and just now wrote my check for a year. It will go out in the mail tomorrow. Check for a PM if you were a subscriber before and get-er-done.
Talked a guy into subscribing today and I sent him Colter's address. After I collect my NCAA bracket winnings from a couple other guys I'll use half to buy them a part year subscription too. At least right now it looks like I'll be winning those bets HAHAHA! Hope I didn't just jinx myself.

fsburr1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by fsburr1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:33 am

Hey Colter

Mine is expired as well.