Griz RB arrested for DUI

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: Griz RB arrested for DUI

Post by catatac » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:36 pm

lutecat wrote:
catatac wrote:lutecat - I posted this earlier but not seeing it. My point was, since he was already on probation... getting arrested for DUI should have been enough to give Stitt the option of sitting out of practices for awhile until things got sorted out, without the threat of legal action, no?
Absolutely. And GA wasn't saying he shouldn't. In fact I read him say he was of the opinion he should be suspended now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Gotcha. So it sounds like we're all on the same page then. Everyone agrees Counts should not be practicing right now, and Stitt is an idiot for letting him do so.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:53 pm

catatac wrote:
lutecat wrote:
catatac wrote:lutecat - I posted this earlier but not seeing it. My point was, since he was already on probation... getting arrested for DUI should have been enough to give Stitt the option of sitting out of practices for awhile until things got sorted out, without the threat of legal action, no?
Absolutely. And GA wasn't saying he shouldn't. In fact I read him say he was of the opinion he should be suspended now.

Gotcha. So it sounds like we're all on the same page then. Everyone agrees Counts should not be practicing right now, and Stitt is an idiot for letting him do so.
Correct except for one item. GA was not saying Stitt was an idiot for letting him play. GA was defending Stitt for aplying the code in a manner that allows Counts to continue to play.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:58 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
PapaG wrote:Notre Dame kicks five off team, suspends 6th.

Just for being arrested, and none of them apparently with previous offenses.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/colle ... -1.1648546

Nice to see a program with a bit of integrity, unlike that zoo in Missoula where winning football games is all that matters, if when a player with a previous conviction gets arrested for DUI and refused to blow, which breaks the terms of his probation. Hey, but he averaged 5.4 ypc.

I'd rather be a fan of a mediocre team than "win" the way Stitt is going about it.
Man you suck with actual facts. Did you even read the article you posted you nitwit? Exactly ONE player got kicked off, the ONE who beat up a police officer which is a FELONY. ONE was suspended indefinitely. The other 4 will face internal disciplinary measures even though they were charged with two separate misdemeanors (marijuana and illegal gun possession)

If you're gonna make stuff up hide the article with the facts next time.
I didnt read the article but not including the kid with the felony, one player was suspended and the other four are facing internal discipline. Help me out, but has Counts been suspended? Has any public statement been made about internal discipline? I know you have the CODE to lean on. Apparently Notre Dame aplies their code in a different manner than the folks at UM.
Upon further review, it's even more interesting. The player who beat up a cop is possibly receiving TWO felony charges, one for resisting arrest and one for assault of a police officer. Surprisingly enough, this player WAS NOT dismissed from the team and has only been suspended indefinitely until.....get this.....due process plays out and ND sees if charges are formally brought and what charges they will be. Hmmmm, sounds awfully familiar with the Counts situation and Counts is only facing a misdemeanor not two potential felonies. Interesting how that works.
How is it familiar with the Counts situation? This guy was suspended indefinitely. Did I miss something or has Counts been suspended?

Also, I love your description: Counts is only facing a misdemeanor. You sound like you are defending Counts.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:05 pm

lutecat wrote:I'm not defending it. I explained why it is that way under their little code of conduct. I don't agree with him practicing.

And your post I responded to talked about dragging it out in the courts and him playing the season. So you do think he plays the first game.

Not my battle. I'm done with the thread. I said my piece.

I am not interested in a bet but I am curious why you think Stitt will suspend Counts for the first game. He clearly has not done the right thing so far.

Also, your recap indicates Counts should be suspended for at least 30% of the games. Shouldnt your "bet" be that Counts won't be suspended for the first 30% of the season?

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:49 pm

Cataholic wrote:
lutecat wrote:I'm not defending it. I explained why it is that way under their little code of conduct. I don't agree with him practicing.

And your post I responded to talked about dragging it out in the courts and him playing the season. So you do think he plays the first game.

I am not interested in a bet but I am curious why you think Stitt will suspend Counts for the first game. He clearly has not done the right thing so far.

Also, your recap indicates Counts should be suspended for at least 30% of the games. Shouldnt your "bet" be that Counts won't be suspended for the first 30% of the season?
Seems like a reasonably winnable bet. Their first game is in 10 days, so he'd have to appear in court by next Friday in order for him to be suspended by THE CODE. It's doubtful his court date is that soon.
I'll take the bet if you're still interested, depending on the stakes and the details.

Edit. On second thought, one of you internet sleuths could already know his court date, so I take that back.
But it will be interesting to see.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:02 pm

Cataholic wrote:

Sure.

The first game is in the first 30%. I believe someone made a comment they think he'll be playing in the first game hence my bet.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:07 pm

Cataholic wrote:
catatac wrote:
lutecat wrote:

Correct except for one item. GA was not saying Stitt was an idiot for letting him play. GA was defending Stitt for aplying the code in a manner that allows Counts to continue to play.
GA stated if it was up to him Counts wouldn't be practicing. So I don't know where you're getting he defended Stitt. He explained the Code. But everyone has decided that he's defending Stitt. He told you why Stitt did what he did. So if you think saying the aforementioned about thinking Counts shouldn't be practicing is defending Stitt...then I don't know what to tell you.

GA I tried. I'm done. They're talking in circles and its become a waste of my time. It's your ship again.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:02 pm

Lute is correct, GA did state his opinion that Counts should be suspended. Below is his quote. The only part I disagree with is the bold part below, which was my only point for weighing in on this post. Given the history of Counts and the charges brought against him, I'm pretty sure Stitt had and still has the option of holding Counts out of practice, but he chose not to go that route. Good, bad, or indifferent. Most reasonable people, Cat and Griz fans alike probably agree that he shouldn't be practicing right now given his track record, and the history of athletes at UM getting in trouble with the law.

"I personally think he should be suspended from all activities until his verdict is in. My guess is that Stitt's hands are a bit tied as he has to wait for the due process to play out and then all is governed by the UM student code of conduct. I did read that if found guilty of DUI he will be suspended for the season. If the charge is lessened, it sounds like he will be suspended 30% of the season."

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:40 pm

lutecat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
catatac wrote:
lutecat wrote:

GA stated if it was up to him Counts wouldn't be practicing. So I don't know where you're getting he defended Stitt. He explained the Code. But everyone has decided that he's defending Stitt. He told you why Stitt did what he did. So if you think saying the aforementioned about thinking Counts shouldn't be practicing is defending Stitt...then I don't know what to tell you.

GA I tried. I'm done. They're talking in circles and its become a waste of my time. It's your ship again.

You fought a good fight, Lute. I'm staying away from the ship. Got some good advice from a few of your other good posters that it's not worth the key strokes when it comes to a few posters. When posters have their minds made up about something, then even factual info goes in one ear and out the other. Thanks for seeing exactly what I was trying to do and even trying to explain it further to people here. It seems if you simply explain a fact then you are defending something ](*,)

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:58 pm

lutecat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
catatac wrote:
lutecat wrote:

So we dont agree on something and it has been a waste of your time... Sorry for wasting your time.

As for talking in circles, it seems to be you and GA. GA says Counts should be suspended. GA says the code stipulates punishment. GA says Stitt's hands are tied by the code. Isn't he defending Stitt? Is it that hard to comprehend?

One of the major points of discussion/disagreement is how the code is being applied by Stitt. It appears that Notre Dame and MSU and countless other schools can suspend players with similar infractions as Counts. Stitt has chosen to apply the code to his teams benefit, not what the code is intended to do which is discipline players for infractions. According to lutecat and GA, a kid caught fighting or smoking dope cannot be suspended at UM unless charges are filed and a conviction is imminent. That is crazy. The coach has plenty of say in how a player suspension or punishment is handled. The ND situation is a clear example of how the coach used other factors (besides a code) to determine punishment/action.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:43 pm

Cataholic wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
catatac wrote:
lutecat wrote:

So we dont agree on something and it has been a waste of your time... Sorry for wasting your time.

As for talking in circles, it seems to be you and GA. GA says Counts should be suspended. GA says the code stipulates punishment. GA says Stitt's hands are tied by the code. Isn't he defending Stitt? Is it that hard to comprehend?

One of the major points of discussion/disagreement is how the code is being applied by Stitt. It appears that Notre Dame and MSU and countless other schools can suspend players with similar infractions as Counts. Stitt has chosen to apply the code to his teams benefit, not what the code is intended to do which is discipline players for infractions. According to lutecat and GA, a kid caught fighting or smoking dope cannot be suspended at UM unless charges are filed and a conviction is imminent. That is crazy. The coach has plenty of say in how a player suspension or punishment is handled. The ND situation is a clear example of how the coach used other factors (besides a code) to determine punishment/action.
Nice try. I didn't say anything about fighting and smoking dope. It's stuff like this that is a waste of my time. We can disagree all we want but stick to the facts of what's been said.

Anything else you want to say I won't refute. Because I'm not coming back to this thread.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:51 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
catatac wrote:
lutecat wrote:

You fought a good fight, Lute. I'm staying away from the ship. Got some good advice from a few of your other good posters that it's not worth the key strokes when it comes to a few posters. When posters have their minds made up about something, then even factual info goes in one ear and out the other. Thanks for seeing exactly what I was trying to do and even trying to explain it further to people here. It seems if you simply explain a fact then you are defending something ](*,)
Some posters on this site blow me away. We are only entitled to an opinion if they agree with it. If we disagree, we are troublemakers. Let me get this straight. Here is GA's first post on this thread:

What happened to Cats' Marcus Tappan after his recent DUI. Still with team?

I am sure GA had no malicious intent... I mean his handle is Gizaddict. Somehow I am the a-hole?

I re-read this thread. It started out as a civil conversation. I even complimented him on his defense of his school's actions. When multiple Cat posters disagreed with his viewpoint, he posts the UM code to educate us poor folks at BN.... Yet I am the a-hole?

Griz fan posting on BN defending the non-suspension of a player who got a DUI. I am the a-hole... Yes I understand GA does not agree with Counts not being suspended but he has spent a lot of time defending the schools actions. Once again, I am the a-hole?...

I agree GA is normally a good poster, but it is okay for us to DISAGREE. A LOT of us think you are wrong. That is okay. Your position on this and the way you have carried on about it has rubbed a number of us the wrong way. You should give some thought to your crowd: a large number of rabid Cat fans. It is not a great place for this specific argument.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:54 pm

lutecat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
catatac wrote:
lutecat wrote:

Nice try. I didn't say anything about fighting and smoking dope. It's stuff like this that is a waste of my time. We can disagree all we want but stick to the facts of what's been said.

Anything else you want to say I won't refute. Because I'm not coming back to this thread.

Have you ever heard of an analogy??? Seriously... How does the coach apply the code to such a situation with your interpretation of the code? But then again, take the easy way out and don't refute...

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:52 pm

You so know its a little easier to suspend a player who's injured and is out for the season anyway, than to suspend one of your actual starters? "Suspending" Daly really in the scope of things means exactly nothing. The kid wasn't playing anyway. Kinda like serving a one game suspension when your team is playing the NAIA cupcake. :-^

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:34 am

Could be wrong on this, but I thought I'd heard Daly was healing up quickly and was probably going to return.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:33 am

Regardless of Daly's condition, can't we give Choate and company credit for doing the right thing? Why is there always the second guessing? Didn't he do the right thing with Tappan? Hasn't Choate carried himself well and delivered the right messages. For example, his guidance with the kids on drinking and girls and doing the right thing. From what I have seen, I would expect Choate to take the same type of action with a starter.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:52 am

Thanks for bringing that up about Choate's message to his players about girls. It was great and is worth repeating. Frankly, I'm disappointed it didn't gain more traction.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:28 pm

Cataholic wrote:Regardless of Daly's condition, can't we give Choate and company credit for doing the right thing? Why is there always the second guessing? Didn't he do the right thing with Tappan? Hasn't Choate carried himself well and delivered the right messages. For example, his guidance with the kids on drinking and girls and doing the right thing. From what I have seen, I would expect Choate to take the same type of action with a starter.

I wont give him credit, in fact I think hes an asshole for suspending Daly before the facts come out or he gets his day in court. This WAS America and in the former greatest country in the world its always been INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. People that infringe on that should lose their jobs and posting privileges on message boards, its ignorant, wrong and insanely unfair to the person being judged before the courts get a hold of them.

Dont respond, you are wrong, an you wont change anything by beating your millennial drum. You dont have a leg to stand on

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

BDizzle
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BDizzle » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:22 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:Regardless of Daly's condition, can't we give Choate and company credit for doing the right thing? Why is there always the second guessing? Didn't he do the right thing with Tappan? Hasn't Choate carried himself well and delivered the right messages. For example, his guidance with the kids on drinking and girls and doing the right thing. From what I have seen, I would expect Choate to take the same type of action with a starter.

I wont give him credit, in fact I think hes an asshole for suspending Daly before the facts come out or he gets his day in court. This WAS America and in the former greatest country in the world its always been INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. People that infringe on that should lose their jobs and posting privileges on message boards, its ignorant, wrong and insanely unfair to the person being judged before the courts get a hold of them.

Dont respond, you are wrong, an you wont change anything by beating your millennial drum. You dont have a leg to stand on
Daly admitted to coach that he hit her. So while he hasn't been convicted or had his day in court, he had his time in front of Choate.

GO GRIZ!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:56 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:

I wish I knew everything like you, I bet your house is real fun when the fam gets together. :roll: