EL GATO

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Nick
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Nick » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:24 pm

I have been meeting new people every night and going out every night. Last night was the first night I've actually decided to stay home. Since I had been in Salem all day I decided to check and see what happened in the games and search the messageboards.

Since I have come to school I have had a cold which evolved to bronchitis. This is a reoccurring theme for me in the fall, therefore I decided to take it easy.

Bozone -- yes if anyone from the school finds out that I was at any function where alcohol is present, my scholarship is revoked.

I never said UO was lightyears ahead of MSU, but for what I am studying and from what I've looked at other schools (UM, WSU) the facilities were much nicer and this is an area where I wanted to get established. There is a larger market available, atleast now for what I want to do than in Montana and wanted to get planted here and start making connections. I was met with full support and encouragement of those employers I worked for in the broadcasting field with much agreement. And I happen to think these guys know what they're talking about.

UO is roughly 18-20k students. Bigger than the Montana schools but not to the size you normally associate with big time public universities. I came here because the geographic area was a combination of what I was looking for: friendly, mountains to one side and the coast to the other. Also a much more progressive community with bigger communities and more employment opportunities to look forward to after undergrad.

But the bottom line: I don't know why I need to vouch for my own personal decisions and actions on this, a football board. :roll:

EG I posted this before I made a reply to you on eGriz. It's funny how the Cat fans on bobcatnation are whistling much different tunes than those on eGriz. Including EG.

Anyway, best wishes to all the members of catnation and so long.
Last edited by Nick on Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:29 pm

Well I'm sorry you feel that way. You weren't my least favorite Griz fan. :)

Good luck in school Nick.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:48 pm

:roll: Hey Nick if OU is soooo great, why are you so obsessed with Grizzlie and Bobcat football?

Quick someone get the Chronicle Sports Dept....I think we have a prospective candidate...... :wink:

anacondagriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by anacondagriz » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:17 pm

kcatz wrote::roll: Hey Nick if OU is soooo great, why are you so obsessed with Grizzlie and Bobcat football?

Quick someone get the Chronicle Sports Dept....I think we have a prospective candidate...... :wink:
Nick never once said how great Oregon or their football team is. I think since he grew up in Montana he has every right to be obsessed w/the Cats or Griz like most of us are. All I know is that it is getting ugly between Cat & Griz fans already, hate to see what it will be like when we are playing for the BSC title in November.

MaZooLaGriz
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by MaZooLaGriz » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:02 pm

El_Gato wrote:thanks for having my back but it's unnecessary against a worthless little punk like Nick.
El Gato has got to go. Oops... wrong board.

Everything is always on its way somewhere.