"Keep telling yourself that Weber State is Good"

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

"Keep telling yourself that Weber State is Good"

Post by BWahlberg » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:11 pm

Ripped that headline right from a post on egriz last week, posted by a cat fan. I also posted that the Cats will be surprised in how good Weber actually is (El Gato, you posted something along the line that I'd be proven wrong after today).

Didn't quite go your way 'eh Bobcats?

Congrats though on the comeback win, looks like Lulay had a solid outing (to say the least). I'm just glad that after today most Bobcat fans realised that Weber is a much improved team this year.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:43 pm

For the 1032th time, Weber isn't that good. We played horrible. Any team in the country could've hung with a team that threw 3 ints, dropped two td passes and was penalized for 120 yards.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:47 pm

ReMax,

Did you MISS my prediction? Obviously; FYI I predicted MSU 24, WSU 23.

And Celtic is right; although it was a close game, WE made Weber look a lot better than they are.

I will not be surprised to see them only win 1 more conference game.

The bottom line is BOTH Montana State & Montana played pretty crummy games against Weber; but we both still won.

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:50 pm

Very true.

Griz WRs dropped two TD passes today as well, which would've only made the score that much more lopsided.

Wolfman
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Wolfman » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:06 am

Weber stinks. I agree that they MIGHT win one more conference game. Just because a team plays badly, like the Cats did Saturday, doesn't mean their opponent is good.

Don't get your testosterone level too high following that Griz win over the Bungles, who probably couldn't have beaten any Big Sky team on Saturday, they way they played. The Griz will have plenty of opportunities to show how average they. Like EWU, Cal Poly, and PSU. Talk to me after those three games.

Being a Griz fan used to the teams we previously enjoyed, getting excited about a win versus an ISU team predicted bny the coaches to finish 6th in conference doesn't exactly do it for me. It's a sad state of affairs for the Griz when a win like this is taken as a major milestone.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:32 pm

El_Gato wrote:ReMax,

Did you MISS my prediction? Obviously; FYI I predicted MSU 24, WSU 23.

And Celtic is right; although it was a close game, WE made Weber look a lot better than they are.

I will not be surprised to see them only win 1 more conference game.

The bottom line is BOTH Montana State & Montana played pretty crummy games against Weber; but we both still won.
"WE"
Did you put on a jock and pads and play on Saturday?

MaZooLaGriz
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by MaZooLaGriz » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:42 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:"WE" Did you put on a jock and pads and play on Saturday?
Oh come on now... we're waaaay past the point of having to rationalize why we all waste our time posting on these boards.

Everything is always on its way somewhere.

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:49 pm

Wolf,

What's up, haven't talked in a while.

To respond to your thread. Beating ISU was one game. Cole only played one full game, and the Griz are still a big question mark on offense. But this weekends game was a big win, defeating a ranked team by a good margin. ISU beat EWU and lost to MSU by 2, we beat them, in their house during their homecoming by 22. Its a big win, and if it sets the pace for the next three games at least, it will be viewed as a turning point for the Griz this year.

Wolfman
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Wolfman » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:09 am

ReMax, do you really think ISU is a good team? Give me a break. They upset EWU. So what. Sac St. upset the Cats last year. Were they good too?

ISU will be lucky to win another conference game. We'll see how good they are this week when they travel to Sac St. I think they lose that game.

Yeah, I thought the Griz would lose to ISU. But ISU stunk up the joint, more than the Griz playing well. We win by defense alone....end of story. The offense showed me NOTHING once again. It is an embarrassment to us Griz fans who have followed this team for years.

I predict we lose at least 3 of the following 4 games: MSU, EWU, PSU, and Cal Poly. If we do so, will you still be high on Bobby Hauck as a coach? Just asking.

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:12 am

I think I speak for all cat fans :D This is the Cat smack board you guys need to go someplace elese if you want to talk about Griz football.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:16 pm

CelticCat wrote:For the 1032th time, Weber isn't that good. We played horrible. Any team in the country could've hung with a team that threw 3 ints, dropped two td passes and was penalized for 120 yards.
Pretty much my view as well. We play Weber 5 times, we beat them by 14 ( 4 out of the 5 ).

Wolfman
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Wolfman » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:24 pm

Thank you Jac-off for your astute observations. Guess you think the Cat fans are too dumb to figure out things for themselves.....they need some Griz fan to tell 'em what to think or do.

Here's a suggestion for ya. Why don't you go play in some ditch? :wink:

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:49 pm

Wolf,

Short answer about Hauck, yes. I'd want to give him at least 1 more year to see how he plays with a team almost full of his guys. Francona won the World Series last year, but the Sox lost the ADLS, no one is calling for his job.

As for ISU, I think they can be good, hell they beat EWU and lost to the Cats by 2. The top three teams in the sky are UM, MSU & EWU. ISU went 1-2 against those three, with a close loss and a loss where they were dominated.

You know this, Hauck's teams have not been solid on the road, this last weekend the Griz were SOLID. I have faith in the Griz, and Hauck to get us at least 2 wins in the next 3 weeks.

anacondagriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by anacondagriz » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:07 pm

Wolfman wrote:ReMax, do you really think ISU is a good team? Give me a break. They upset EWU. So what. Sac St. upset the Cats last year. Were they good too?

ISU will be lucky to win another conference game. We'll see how good they are this week when they travel to Sac St. I think they lose that game.

Yeah, I thought the Griz would lose to ISU. But ISU stunk up the joint, more than the Griz playing well. We win by defense alone....end of story. The offense showed me NOTHING once again. It is an embarrassment to us Griz fans who have followed this team for years.

I predict we lose at least 3 of the following 4 games: MSU, EWU, PSU, and Cal Poly. If we do so, will you still be high on Bobby Hauck as a coach? Just asking.
I guess since the Griz once scored 70 points against Troy St. & SFA we should do that every week? I am starting to think you are on of those dopes who wouldn't be happy if we put up 56 points each week if 49 of those points came on the ground. Face it Wolfie you won't ever be happy w/Hauck. I am guessing he didn't bow down to you when he found out you played baseball at UM in the '40s or that you supposedly made a million bucks.

Wolfman
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Wolfman » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:41 am

While your post hardly deserves keystrokes Anaconooch, i'll humor you.

I think Hauck is ruining the Griz program. And you'll be jumping on the "dump Bobby" bandwagon after we lose about 3-5 more games this year.

I'm a dope, huh? Guess nobody told you that only a dope would continue to live in a town that died years ago. Who's the dope, mensa king?

LimpKitty
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by LimpKitty » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:12 am

Wolf is on to something here. Hauck isn't the right coach for the Griz. The quality of play over there is WAY DOWN. They are lucky to win half of the games they have left.

US as cat fans should love Hauck and what he is doing for us.

JahGriz

Post by JahGriz » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:52 am

Weber does not suck. Anyone who says they suck might want to look at their team again. They are not great, but not terrible. They've got some talented kids on that team, and a pretty good coach in his first year there.
Wolf, do you even watch football, do you have any idea what an athlete looks like.

Down With the Foe!
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Down With the Foe! » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:59 am

JahGriz wrote:Wolf, do you even watch football, do you have any idea what an athlete looks like.
Is this a Rhetorical question?

Boooooo Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa - Go Griz!

JahGriz

Post by JahGriz » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:41 pm

Mostly.

Robcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Robcat » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:17 pm

My 2 cents worth. Weber as a whole is a 50/50 team at best. The Cats had their worst game of the season and were very lucky to get a W. I think ISU is better than a 50/50 team, but like the Cats they also played a lousy game.

Are the Cats and the Griz the 2 best teams in the Big Sky? Probably not. EWU,PSU and ISU can probably beat the Cats or the Griz on any given Saturday.

Will the Cats be 6-1 before the BIG BRAWL? I would not bet on it!

Will the Griz be 6-1? I do not think so!

Who will be the BSC champs or co champs? As a Bobcat fan I will go with MSU and EWU. However the Griz are about as unpredictable as the weather in Montana, so maybe MSU,UM,EWU?

The best team will rise to the top and we will know the outcome by the end of the day on 11/19.

Go Cats