FRIZ CUPS AT MACDONALDS!!!

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:44 pm

Rich and Shiela are not the owners of any of the stores in bozeman any more. I heard they sold out, but don't know to who...Even though I should.

Nick
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Nick » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:49 pm

Which grocery store was it that had the UM bags? I know I've seen those before, but the Safeway out here sells bags with the Washington State schedule on them -- atleast your stores keep it in-state! :evil:

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:49 pm

Who's gonna run down to McDonald's and get me a set of those cups?

:wink:

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:51 pm

SACCAT wrote:Rich and Shiela are not the owners of any of the stores in bozeman any more. I heard they sold out, but don't know to who...Even though I should.
That has to be a very recent occurrence as I have heard/seen ads still for Rich and Sheila's place not too long ago. So the Griz cups are coming from the main McD's and not the WalMart one?

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:58 pm

The one she got was at the Main street Mcd's. I just heard that one of the very high up Boosters son went there and got one, went back to his dad and let him know. Mcd's has called him to say sorry, and is now calling the other Big wigs to say sorry as well.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:08 pm

BozoneCat wrote:That is just absolutely ridiculous. I think a few phone calls to the right people, with a legitimate threat of boycotting all Rich & Sheila-owned McDonald's (not that I ever eat there anyways, but I digress)
Touche'. I never eat there either. My hatered of McDonalds runs almostas deep as my hatred of WalMart. :x

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

gocats77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by gocats77 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:13 pm

The phone number of the corporate office of the Bozeman McDonald's is 406-582-4123 if any of you want to voice your displeasure as i have done!

Nick
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Nick » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:13 pm

SACCAT wrote:The one she got was at the Main street Mcd's. I just heard that one of the very high up Boosters son went there and got one, went back to his dad and let him know. Mcd's has called him to say sorry, and is now calling the other Big wigs to say sorry as well.
A McDonald's on Main Street? Yuck.......

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:24 pm

[quote="Nick"][quote="SACCAT"]The one she got was at the Main street Mcd's. I just heard that one of the very high up Boosters son went there and got one, went back to his dad and let him know. Mcd's has called him to say sorry, and is now calling the other Big wigs to say sorry as well.[/quote]

A McDonald's on Main Street? Yuck.......[/quote]

No doubt. Not only are the cups in bad taste, but the whole building as well. Tell the manager to get that thing off Main St. and move it down by the I-90 interchange where it belongs.

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:05 pm

SACCAT wrote:It isn't quality marketing when it is done in Bozeman. I don't know if I am more pissed about the fact that it was the friz, or the fact that the owners let it happen. Why would you have those in bozeman.
I have no problem with this... :wink:

Grizlaw

Funny...

Post by Grizlaw » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:11 pm

I wrote a paper about McDonald's for one of my management classes back in college, and I interviewed the general manager of one of the local stores at the time. One of his complaints was that, while the stores are locally owned, a lot of the decisions about product offerings, marketing, etc. are made at the regional level -- and all of Montana is included in the "Seattle Region." Thus, while it's idiotic to sell UM cups in Bozeman, I doubt the local owners had anything to do with it -- more likely, UM has an ad deal with McDonald's corporate, and the schlep in Seattle who made the decision to send UM cups to Montana didn't know better than to send Griz cups to the franchisee in Bozeman.

Just a guess; I could be wrong.

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:24 pm

Jeez folks, is this really that big a deal? Get over it... :roll:

If you get to the point of boycotting a store because of what they have on their drink cups or grocery bags, maybe you need to rethink your obsession with the UM/MSU thing... :shock:

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:26 pm

Bozgriz wrote:Jeez folks, is this really that big a deal? Get over it... :roll:

If you get to the point of boycotting a store because of what they have on their drink cups or grocery bags, maybe you need to rethink your obsession with the UM/MSU thing... :shock:

You mean kind of like Bobby Hauck has allegedly told his players? (Not to patronize stores in Missoula owned by Cat fans) Or that he allegedly refuses to stay/eat in Bozeman?
:o

rtb

Post by rtb » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:28 pm

Bozgriz wrote:If you get to the point of boycotting a store because of what they have on their drink cups or grocery bags, maybe you need to rethink your obsession with the UM/MSU thing... :shock:
I have to call you out...this just shows the passion that most people have for their team. I am sure many true Griz fans would do the same if this was reversed. Being a true fan is an obsession. You gotta love that!!

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:32 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:

You mean kind of like Bobby Hauck has allegedly told his players? (Not to patronize stores in Missoula owned by Cat fans) Or that he allegedly refuses to stay/eat in Bozeman?
YES, Exactly that! As a loyal Griz supporter but Gallatin Valley resident, I will support whatever businesses in this area that provide the service I want or need. You all know I support BH as a coach but this other stuff is stupid and I would tell him the same thing...

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:33 pm

rtb wrote:
Bozgriz wrote:If you get to the point of boycotting a store because of what they have on their drink cups or grocery bags, maybe you need to rethink your obsession with the UM/MSU thing... :shock:
I have to call you out...this just shows the passion that most people have for their team. I am sure many true Griz fans would do the same if this was reversed. Being a true fan is an obsession. You gotta love that!!
No, I wouldn't call the local McDonalds to bitch about the schedule on the cup... :roll:

Last year I bought a can of Pepsi in Drummond and it had the cat schedule on it...still like my sugar water and didn't call them to complain. :roll:

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:34 pm

Bozgriz wrote:
HelenaCat95 wrote:

YES, Exactly that! As a loyal Griz supporter but Gallatin Valley resident, I will support whatever businesses in this area that provide the service I want or need. You all know I support BH as a coach but this other stuff is stupid and I would tell him the same thing...
Ok - fair enough...If we ever meet, I'll buy you an order of "freedom fries". But it will have to be at Burger Bobs. :wink:

Grizlaw

Post by Grizlaw » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:34 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:You mean kind of like Bobby Hauck has allegedly told his players? (Not to patronize stores in Missoula owned by Cat fans) Or that he allegedly refuses to stay/eat in Bozeman?
Not that I haven't already had it up to here with the Hauck debate, but I've gotta ask, which way are you arguing with this post? Are you arguing that it's ok for Hauck to say the things he allegedly said, or are you arguing that Cat fans who boycott McD's because of the Griz cups are as bad as Hauck?

--GL

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:35 pm

Come on Boz, whether you would go so far as to boycott a business over this or not you cannot say with a straight face that it isn't incredibly dumb to be promoting the rival school from a business such as a restaurant. Missoula would be in an uproar(and rightfully so) if Taco Bell started handing out Blue and Gold Bobcats cups with every value meal.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:48 pm

Grizlaw wrote:
HelenaCat95 wrote:You mean kind of like Bobby Hauck has allegedly told his players? (Not to patronize stores in Missoula owned by Cat fans) Or that he allegedly refuses to stay/eat in Bozeman?
Not that I haven't already had it up to here with the Hauck debate, but I've gotta ask, which way are you arguing with this post? Are you arguing that it's ok for Hauck to say the things he allegedly said, or are you arguing that Cat fans who boycott McD's because of the Griz cups are as bad as Hauck?

--GL
Not arguing either way...just pointing out that it happens on both sides of the of the intra-state war. However, in this alleged case, it happens to be the head coach.

(notice the "artful?" use of the word "alleged". something i've learned from my lawyer friends when I can't specifically verify something. Now that will be $150 please.....something else I've learned from my lawyer friends.")