Gold Rush!?!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

loggy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Gold Rush!?!

Post by loggy » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:16 pm

Rumor has it that there is a push for a "Gold Rush" on campus for the game this weekend. Everyone is encouraged to wear gold to the game. Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but wanted to get the word out.

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:17 pm

It has been posted, http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatboard ... php?t=8523 , but thanks for the heads up again.

1BadBobcat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 1BadBobcat » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:50 pm

The only only problem with this is that you may have some some show up in gold and others show up in yellow. That's one marketing problem our program has - a defined set of blue & gold colors. I like the idea, but I think the blue is the way to go. Also, keep in mind, it is only gonna be about 30 degrees. Most folks are gonna be wearing snow pants, Carharts, ski jackets, etc. I am more concerned that we fill the stadium and we're LOUD!!!!!

“If you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.” - John Wayne -

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:52 pm

I say we all show up in suits and ties, like Mike Nolan or Jack Del Rio.
:D

Ok....that was dumb idea.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:56 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:I say we all show up in suits and ties, like Mike Nolan or Jack Del Rio.

I will if you will :wink:

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:57 pm

coachouert wrote:
HelenaCat95 wrote:I say we all show up in suits and ties, like Mike Nolan or Jack Del Rio.

I will if you will :wink:
I'll be the one dressed like Woody Hayes.

loggy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by loggy » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:59 pm

1BadBobcat wrote:The only only problem with this is that you may have some some show up in gold and others show up in yellow. That's one marketing problem our program has - a defined set of blue & gold colors. I like the idea, but I think the blue is the way to go. Also, keep in mind, it is only gonna be about 30 degrees. Most folks are gonna be wearing snow pants, Carharts, ski jackets, etc. I am more concerned that we fill the stadium and we're LOUD!!!!!
I agree. Not too many people around with Gold Coats. Maybe they should sell/give out XXL Gold T-shirts at the game!

Gold Rush
New Recruit

GOLD RUSH!

Post by Gold Rush » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:13 pm

WEAR GOLD SATURDAY!

Gold, yellow, whatever, it will make a statement! We've got a couple radio stations on board along with Kris Attebury 'voice of the Cats,' so help spread the word.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:29 pm

we should all wear shorts to the game. I have worn shorts to every game. play mind games with the Paladins

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:59 am

Arrggghhhh,

I got nothin........and a XXL t-shirt aint fittin on this physic to start with no less over my coat.........time to spray paint the finery!

Platinumcat

Post by Platinumcat » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:36 am

Yesterday there was some great dialogue between Pete, Colleen, and Atteberry on xl country. They were discussing the gold rush and coming up with ideas of things you could wear. Part of the conversation went something like:

Kris: People could wear ponchos and paint them gold
Pete: Or dress up as the Solid Gold Dancers
Colleen: OOH, OOH, I could wear MY solid gold dancer outfit
Kris: I doubt it would still fit :twisted:
Colleen: You're so dead :x :twisted: :)

Anyways, I asked my wife about the ponchos as a cheap possibility for the game. Evidently I have tread upon a longstanding Woman's rule regarding fashion and how you must look at a game. She said no way to that idea. So, while I may be wearing one, anybody got some good ideas for her?
Or any good ideas in general of what people are going to be wearing?

Oh, and I'm Jason Wiers, Platinum Property Management

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatmaniac » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:19 pm

barechestcat wrote:Yesterday there was some great dialogue between Pete, Colleen, and Atteberry on xl country. They were discussing the gold rush and coming up with ideas of things you could wear. Part of the conversation went something like:

Kris: People could wear ponchos and paint them gold
Pete: Or dress up as the Solid Gold Dancers
Colleen: OOH, OOH, I could wear MY solid gold dancer outfit
Kris: I doubt it would still fit :twisted:
Colleen: You're so dead :x :twisted: :)

Anyways, I asked my wife about the ponchos as a cheap possibility for the game. Evidently I have tread upon a longstanding Woman's rule regarding fashion and how you must look at a game. She said no way to that idea. So, while I may be wearing one, anybody got some good ideas for her?
Or any good ideas in general of what people are going to be wearing?
Seriously, the chic should get a life. It will be a blizzard and everyone will be in winter garb. Yellow anything would be better than thinking you are dressing well. Yellow hats, scarves, gloves at the very least.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:21 pm

I'm going to go to the bookstore on Friday and try to find some gold stuff like a sweatshirt or pullover and then just layer up.

Plus, if you bring in just ONE of barechestcat's gold thunderstix it can't really be considered an artificial noisemaker, at least I would think.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

rtb

Post by rtb » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:53 pm

The other suggestion from Pete and Colleen was gold body paint and a gold thong. Maybe the ladies that want to look good can wear that! :shock:

I am also in negotiations with my wife currently about getting a new Bobcat Gold Sweatshirt. If nothing else I will stretch a yellow t-shirt over my coat.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

bobcatmaniac

Post by bobcatmaniac » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:41 pm

Man, it is hard to find gold or even yellow. I just ran to Wally World to see if they had anything cuz I really don't want to go out on the worst shopping day on the planet...nothing... :twisted: You would think they would have something... :twisted:

gtfcat84
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by gtfcat84 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:22 pm

Boise State does a cool thing--one section wears orange, the adjacent one wears blue; I was watching a game a few weeks ago and I thought for a minute that there were a ton of empty seats, as each section has alternating orange and blue seats. How about even sections blue, odd sections gold?

Platinumcat

Post by Platinumcat » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:08 pm

bobcatmaniac wrote:Man, it is hard to find gold or even yellow. I just ran to Wally World to see if they had anything cuz I really don't want to go out on the worst shopping day on the planet...nothing... :twisted: You would think they would have something... :twisted:
Some other place to check that I'll be looking at tomorrow are:

1) Bob Ward's
2) Osco Drug by Hastings
3) Universal Athletics

bobcatmaniac

Post by bobcatmaniac » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:13 pm

gawd, I really hate the thoughts of the whole family in thongs and spray painted yellow :shock: might try your suggestions!

vike_king

Post by vike_king » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:10 am

We are going to stop at a fabric shop in Great Falls and look for gold polar fleece. If we can find it my wife is going to cut out scarfs for us to wear to the game. It will at least be something.

Platinumcat

Post by Platinumcat » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:15 am

vike_king wrote:We are going to stop at a fabric shop in Great Falls and look for gold polar fleece. If we can find it my wife is going to cut out scarfs for us to wear to the game. It will at least be something.
Man law #126 - No man shall be caught wearing a scarf in public. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kiddin' Vike_king