Board downtime tonight, 8/21/12

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

Board downtime tonight, 8/21/12

Post by kmax » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:39 am

Guys, I will be doing some site maintenance and upgrades tonight to try and help stave off any of the board slowdowns that we have experienced in the past when we get busier during the season. The downtimes should be minimal, but I can't give exact times or durations so if you stop by tonight and can't get on to the site, please just give it a bit and then try again. Thanks everyone.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Board downtime tonight, 8/21/12

Post by allcat » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:41 am

Thanks for the headsup and for the work in maintaining the site.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:15 am

Yeah. Thanks for the fore warning. Slowdowns p!$$ me off so much that I forget how much I love this site, and appreciate that all you do....

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:44 pm

I would much rather have the downtime now rather than during the season when everyone is making good comments on the board............is part of the upgrade a censor to keep the boneheaded comments off the board [-X

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:31 pm

catgrad05 wrote:I would much rather have the downtime now rather than during the season when everyone is making good comments on the board............is part of the upgrade a censor to keep the boneheaded comments off the board [-X
Yep, after the downtime posts such as this will be automatically deleted. ;)

I kid. Unfortunately I don't think we've gotten that advanced yet. The ignore user option is still your best defense in that regard.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:58 pm

Alright, all actions that I had planned for tonight are completed. May have some more over the weekend as I look at a few more things but you shouldn't see any further disruptions tonight.