problem

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

problem

Post by Common Cat » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:57 pm

Is anybody else experiencing super slow loading times for things on bobcatnation? For the last week or so, its been ridiculously slow. I can't get my fix fast enough anymore :D

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: problem

Post by kcatz » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:02 pm

YES

Viva Los Gatos
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Viva Los Gatos » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:03 pm

Y

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:08 pm

ha. i was going to post the same thing but i'm so clueless with computers i assumed it was just something stupid i was doing! but yes, bobcatnation is susper super slow for me and many times i just give up and check out other sites. what's the deal?

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:02 pm

I was experiencing the same thing but it appears to be fixed now.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:08 pm

We have seen the issue also. It is rather sporadic so sometimes you will see it quickly other times not. For instance as I right this things are working as usual. I have been working with our hosting provider on this, but as of last week it was appearing to be routing issues outside of their networks. Apologies for the issues but I am trying to see if there is anything that can be done to fix them.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Viva Los Gatos
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Viva Los Gatos » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:29 pm

es

ChiOCat

Post by ChiOCat » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Yes, I first noticed it Saturday so I thought it was high volume. But it was doing it again this afternoon.

"We are all vulnerable, and all fallible, with mortality our only certainty..." - Dr Kenneth Bock

gocats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by gocats » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:39 pm

I figured it was just overloaded on Saturday from the ga,e. I feel better now.

Alcohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean.... on chairs, tables and random ugly people....

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:50 pm

Thanks Kmax...I was out of town on Saturday and the only way I could keep up with the game was with the thread, but it was taking f.o.r.e.v.e.r(enter sandlot clip) and all I could do was watch late updates on espn. I appreciate your work on this.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

rollo_tumasi
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by rollo_tumasi » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:52 am

Does it have anything to do with the countdown clock??

I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.'

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:54 am

No the countdown clock has been going longer than these issues have been occurring.

FYI, I moved this over to the Feedback forum just to keep things clean. Thanks again everyone for letting me know about the issues.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:30 am

Anybody that is currently seeing this issue and would be willing to help me out by running a couple tests on your computer would you please send me a PM? Thanks.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Alright, I believe I've gotten the issue rectified. If anyone still sees regular slow loads please let me know.