Coach Ouert's Weekly Prediction Game - Now LIVE

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

rtb

Coach Ouert's Weekly Prediction Game - Now LIVE

Post by rtb » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:42 pm

That's right folks, as promised we are continuing to bring upgrades to the board and are keeping the momentum going! Now rather then coachouert having to keep track of everyone's score predicitons each week in a thread on the message board we've helped Coach automate the game. This means more free time for Coach and more accuracy for everyone. Whatever you enter is what your score will be based on.

Now, let's get to the fine print also known as the rules.

Each week you can go to http://bobcatnation.com/coachchallenge.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to make your prediction. Also, the link is available from the homepage under the contest tab.

-- 1 entry per message board user, must have message board login to enter
-- Entries lock 1 hour before kickoff each week
-- Entries can be edited up until they are locked
-- Entries will be scored by taking difference between your guess at the MSU score and the actual MSU score and adding it to the difference between your guess at the opponents score and the actual opponents score.
-- Entries without a valid guess entered by lock time for a particular week will score the same as the highest difference (the worst score) for that week. That way if you miss a week you aren't completely out of the running for the season.
-- The user with lowest score in a week wins that week
-- The user with lowest combined score of all weeks wins contest.

Prizes are TBD

A few notes:
Please excuse the dust, we(kmax) worked really hard to get this functional by today. Enhancements will be made to put a little more shine on this in the future, but it's automated and that's what we were going for with the first release.

Also, the contest doesn't fuction on a mobile browser yet. That will happen in time, but isn't the top priority.

And the last thing to note is that you can predict all the scores for the whole season without impacting your score until the final score for that game is recorded.
So if you want to predict all the scores and then edit them before each game you can do that without worry. The results are only calculated for games in which there is a final score posted for the game itself.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

rtb

Re: Coach Ouert's Weekly Prediction Game - Now LIVE

Post by rtb » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:49 am

One additional note, this game has had about 3 minutes of testing done by us so if you encounter any problems please let us know and we'll see what's going on. Hopefully there are no issues, but you never know.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:04 am

Good lord, you fellas are awesome! Warm Oly's for everyone this weekend! ;)

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:56 pm

Greatest prediction ever?

The Butcher: MSU 91 UM -7

Thank you guys. That is a great feature.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:06 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:Greatest prediction ever?

The Butcher: MSU 91 UM -7

Thank you guys. That is a great feature.
I should have known some ass would try to put in a negative number. And yes he would have been near the top of the list. Fixed now, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

rtb

Post by rtb » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:14 pm

One other note....if you have troubles with the site today blame CoachOuert, it's his game that is causing problems! :D

Really the only reason we added the game here is so we have someone else to blame for our problems!! :oops:

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:17 pm

rtb wrote:One other note....if you have troubles with the site today blame CoachOuert, it's his game that is causing problems! :D

Really the only reason we added the game here is so we have someone else to blame for our problems!! :oops:
Not my fault! Kmax is in charge...his fault! ;)

And I lied about the warm Oly's this weekend. There will be warm Rainiers for you boys though!

rtb

Post by rtb » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:19 pm

coachouert wrote:And I lied about the warm Oly's this weekend. There will be warm Rainiers for you boys though!
WOW! Thanks for the generosity! Don't spend too much on us, I know you are a state employee.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:21 pm

rtb wrote:
coachouert wrote:And I lied about the warm Oly's this weekend. There will be warm Rainiers for you boys though!
WOW! Thanks for the generosity! Don't spend too much on us, I know you are a state employee.
Alright, fine. You can have your choice between a nice 40 of Mickey's or OE.

(If you were to casually drop what type of booze you fellas like, the Drunk Fairy might pay you a visit on Saturday...just saying...)

rtb

Post by rtb » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:56 pm

coachouert wrote:(If you were to casually drop what type of booze you fellas like, the Drunk Fairy might pay you a visit on Saturday...just saying...)
OH? You wanted me to tell you that we like beers that have won blue ribbons, beers that are from the Rockies in Gold Cans, the champagne of beers, and things like that?

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:12 pm

very nice job! thanks guys for putting this together!!! =D^

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

zootowncat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by zootowncat » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:17 pm

Thanks guys this is awesome! =D^ =D^ =D^
Go CATS

FTG

Whisky_Ditch
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Whisky_Ditch » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:20 am

Hit it right on the dot! Not a bad start.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:38 pm

Congrats to both Whiskey_Ditch and Cledus for nailing it the first week and leading our standings. Our defending champ Chester Spartanpot gets off to a slow start being a full 22 points off the pace but does considerably better than catatonic1, who while he apparently knows his stuff in winning the BSC pickem week 1, sets the worst score of week 1 and the score that all who forgot to enter also get at 47 points off.

As I mentioned in the BSC pickem, I will be updating the results view to make it a little nicer and show ranks and such in the next few days, but for now the results are up.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:39 pm

kmax wrote:Congrats to both Whiskey_Ditch and Cledus for nailing it the first week and leading our standings. Our defending champ Chester Spartanpot gets off to a slow start being a full 22 points off the pace but does considerably better than catatonic1, who while he apparently knows his stuff in winning the BSC pickem week 1, sets the worst score of week 1 and the score that all who forgot to enter also get at 47 points off.

As I mentioned in the BSC pickem, I will be updating the results view to make it a little nicer and show ranks and such in the next few days, but for now the results are up.
Wow!! I don't know what to say. I didn't even have a speech prepared.

I guess I'd like to thank my awesomeness and my towering intellect, for without which this recognition by kmax would not have been possible. To hand a crushing defeat to the defending champ is nothing of... well, awesome -- as to which my awesomeness can attest.

I promise to continue to march. To make the world's best pizzas. To drink beer every night. And to carry our beloved Cats on to decisive victories throughout the season. I just made that pledge out loud in Latin, so I'm kind of a big deal. Not really, but whatevs.

I shall continue to carry our beloved Cats on to victory!!!

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:44 pm

User rankings and improved standings readability added. Enjoy!

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:50 pm

kmax wrote:User rankings and improved standings readability added. Enjoy!
Obviously there is a mistake as there is no way I am tied for 134th. Erroneous! ERRONEOUS on all accounts!

markcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by markcat » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:26 pm

BOBCATS-35
Drake-14

MARKCAT