SITE OUTAGE -- June 22

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

SITE OUTAGE -- June 22

Post by kmax » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:03 pm

To the faithful readers and members of BobcatNation, I want to apologize for today's extended site outage. Our hosting provider had a severe network outage that took most of the day to resolve. This was unplanned and as much a surprise to us as it was to you.

As we have mentioned, we are currently in the process of migrating the site to a new host that will provide us with much better capacity to work through issues like this in the future. Again I apologize for the outage and for any unintentional work that actually got done as a result of BobcatNation not being available. ;)

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: SITE OUTAGE -- June 22

Post by GOKATS » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:19 pm

kmax wrote:To the faithful readers and members of BobcatNation, I want to apologize for today's extended site outage. Our hosting provider had a severe network outage that took most of the day to resolve. This was unplanned and as much a surprise to us as it was to you.

As we have mentioned, we are currently in the process of migrating the site to a new host that will provide us with much better capacity to work through issues like this in the future. Again I apologize for the outage and for any unintentional work that actually got done as a result of BobcatNation not being available. ;)

Well I did get some work done, but it's been one long, long day. Glad you're back up and running. :suds:

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Re: SITE OUTAGE -- June 22

Post by Hell's Bells » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:37 pm

kmax wrote:To the faithful readers and members of BobcatNation, I want to apologize for today's extended site outage. Our hosting provider had a severe network outage that took most of the day to resolve. This was unplanned and as much a surprise to us as it was to you.

its ok - you guys are doing a wonderful job running BN.com

This space for rent....

Au Blue
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Au Blue » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:23 pm

Whew! And I thought they had just blocked the site on my work computer.

rtb

Post by rtb » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:57 pm

Au Blue wrote:Whew! And I thought they had just blocked the site on my work computer.
Isn't that the biggest fear for many of us when the site is acting up? I know I was concerned for quite a while this morning.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image