Twitter

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Twitter

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:39 pm

Is there any way to add the Twitter embed feature ? I have no idea what it is technically called, but it's similar to the youtube doohickey.


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

User avatar
kmax
Site Admin
Posts: 8645
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:23 pm
Location: Belgrade, MT
Contact:

Re: Twitter

Post by kmax » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:24 pm

Like this?
https://twitter.com/msubobcats/status/691004757368918016 Enjoy and thanks for the suggestion! :)


“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Twitter

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:21 pm

=D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

User avatar
kmax
Site Admin
Posts: 8645
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:23 pm
Location: Belgrade, MT
Contact:

Re: Twitter

Post by kmax » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:08 pm

As noted in the basketball thread looks like these aren't showing when viewing in Tapatalk. I'll make an adjustment to show the link also when I get back to a computer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk


“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

User avatar
CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6351
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:27 pm
Location: Eugene

Re: Twitter

Post by CatBlitz » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:15 pm

:thumbup:


ImageImageImage

User avatar
allcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7246
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm
Location: 90 miles from Nirvana (Bobcat Stadium)

Re: Twitter

Post by allcat » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:53 pm

CatBlitz wrote::thumbup:
Now all I have to do is figure out what Twitter is.


Joining the whiners club till we never lose a game again.

User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 745
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm

Re: Twitter

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:29 am

kmax wrote:As noted in the basketball thread looks like these aren't showing when viewing in Tapatalk. I'll make an adjustment to show the link also when I get back to a computer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
As has been subsequently noted, embedded Tweets in Tapatalk now result in the error message "Sorry, content not available."

Since this stuff was in my pre-retirement job wheelhouse, I’ve taken this issue up with Tapatalk. After exchanging a number of emails, good news so far. The latest word from Tapatalk is they have confirmed what the issue is and it's been forwarded to the technical team for repair.

Hopefully we'll get a resolution pretty soon and the light at the tunnel's end isn't just another train.



77matcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2222
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Twitter

Post by 77matcat » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:28 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
kmax wrote:As noted in the basketball thread looks like these aren't showing when viewing in Tapatalk. I'll make an adjustment to show the link also when I get back to a computer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
As has been subsequently noted, embedded Tweets in Tapatalk now result in the error message "Sorry, content not available."

Since this stuff was in my pre-retirement job wheelhouse, I’ve taken this issue up with Tapatalk. After exchanging a number of emails, good news so far. The latest word from Tapatalk is they have confirmed what the issue is and it's been forwarded to the technical team for repair.

Hopefully we'll get a resolution pretty soon and the light at the tunnel's end isn't just another train.
Thanks!!!!!!

Appreciate your efforts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro



User avatar
kmax
Site Admin
Posts: 8645
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:23 pm
Location: Belgrade, MT
Contact:

Re: Twitter

Post by kmax » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:57 pm

77matcat wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
kmax wrote:As noted in the basketball thread looks like these aren't showing when viewing in Tapatalk. I'll make an adjustment to show the link also when I get back to a computer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
As has been subsequently noted, embedded Tweets in Tapatalk now result in the error message "Sorry, content not available."

Since this stuff was in my pre-retirement job wheelhouse, I’ve taken this issue up with Tapatalk. After exchanging a number of emails, good news so far. The latest word from Tapatalk is they have confirmed what the issue is and it's been forwarded to the technical team for repair.

Hopefully we'll get a resolution pretty soon and the light at the tunnel's end isn't just another train.
Thanks!!!!!!

Appreciate your efforts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for your efforts. Honestly I'm a little surprised by the "Sorry, content not available." message you are seeing with embedded tweets as for me they are just blank and that is a known issue for me as the tapatalk plugin doesn't support the tweet bbcode that I am using here on the board. Let me know though if you find something else out and again appreciate the efforts.

Edit: Actually I kind of take that back...appears to be inconsistent. I'm able to get the Sorry, content not available message in some cases but not others. For instance, loading this thread in tapatalk shows a blank where the tweet is in the second post of the thread. Doing a new post with a test embedded tweet I get the message, adding a second tweet I get blank. So yeah, inconsistent. Just putting in the tweet url only, shows the tweet properly in tapatalk but obviously just a url in the board. So again, if you do hear anything of note feel free to contact me. Thanks again.

Edit #2: Writing the first edit actually gave me an idea. Since tapatalk will automatically change the URL to embed the tweet, I changed the tweet bbcode to output not only the embedding code (supported by the board in a web browser, but not tapatalk) but also a link to the url of the tweet (shows as a link the tweet on the board and embeds the tweet in tapatalk). This appears to be working and may be a pretty good solution to this.


“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3269
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: Sidney

Re: Twitter

Post by BigBruceBaker » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:06 pm

kmax wrote:
77matcat wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
kmax wrote:As noted in the basketball thread looks like these aren't showing when viewing in Tapatalk. I'll make an adjustment to show the link also when I get back to a computer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
As has been subsequently noted, embedded Tweets in Tapatalk now result in the error message "Sorry, content not available."

Since this stuff was in my pre-retirement job wheelhouse, I’ve taken this issue up with Tapatalk. After exchanging a number of emails, good news so far. The latest word from Tapatalk is they have confirmed what the issue is and it's been forwarded to the technical team for repair.

Hopefully we'll get a resolution pretty soon and the light at the tunnel's end isn't just another train.
Thanks!!!!!!

Appreciate your efforts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for your efforts. Honestly I'm a little surprised by the "Sorry, content not available." message you are seeing with embedded tweets as for me they are just blank and that is a known issue for me as the tapatalk plugin doesn't support the tweet bbcode that I am using here on the board. Let me know though if you find something else out and again appreciate the efforts.

Edit: Actually I kind of take that back...appears to be inconsistent. I'm able to get the Sorry, content not available message in some cases but not others. For instance, loading this thread in tapatalk shows a blank where the tweet is in the second post of the thread. Doing a new post with a test embedded tweet I get the message, adding a second tweet I get blank. So yeah, inconsistent. Just putting in the tweet url only, shows the tweet properly in tapatalk but obviously just a url in the board. So again, if you do hear anything of note feel free to contact me. Thanks again.

Edit #2: Writing the first edit actually gave me an idea. Since tapatalk will automatically change the URL to embed the tweet, I changed the tweet bbcode to output not only the embedding code (supported by the board in a web browser, but not tapatalk) but also a link to the url of the tweet (shows as a link the tweet on the board and embeds the tweet in tapatalk). This appears to be working and may be a pretty good solution to this.
Whatever you did is working KMAX. This is a HUGE improvement in this site. Was really frustrating not seeing those tweets.

Great work to you both and thank you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

User avatar
kmax
Site Admin
Posts: 8645
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:23 pm
Location: Belgrade, MT
Contact:

Re: Twitter

Post by kmax » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:00 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote: Whatever you did is working KMAX. This is a HUGE improvement in this site. Was really frustrating not seeing those tweets.

Great work to you both and thank you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:thumbup:

Tried for a long time to come up with something that would work for both the board and tapatalk on those tweets, don't know why I never thought of that easy solution before.


“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

User avatar
Pecos24
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:05 pm
Location: East Helena, MT

Re: Twitter

Post by Pecos24 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:57 pm

Awesome! I almost always access the board from my phone so I pretty much gave up trying to read those twitter posts. Thanks Kmax.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Bill Zander
CS '93

User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 745
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm

Re: Twitter

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat May 05, 2018 6:49 pm

Kmax, thanks for the repair job. Nice to be seeing those Tweets again. The latest from Tapatalk is that your original setup should have worked and they will be working at fixing that issue. So that should put a bow on it for now.



77matcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2222
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Twitter

Post by 77matcat » Sat May 05, 2018 9:09 pm

[emoji1303][emoji1303]

Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro



Post Reply