Grain fed cows, my butt!!

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Grain fed cows, my butt!!

Post by mslacat » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:02 am

************** Another Mslacat wierd memory ALERT ****************

When I was a Soph at MSU I lived in South Hedges. Any one who lived In S. Hedges
can tell you the walls might as well be non-existent as far as sound proofing goes. One of
my neighbors was an graduate exchange student from France sent over to learn something
to do veterinarian science. Any way he was every cliché' we think about here in US
when we think about snooty French men. Well one evening we had quite a few people in
our dorm room including some women from our "sister" floor watching cable TV. This
was the very early 80's, cable TV was really big and for some reason our room was the
only room in the dorm wired for cable!? Our French neighbor decide to take a phone call
from his admittedly gorgeous (not in Montana) girl friend. The conversation mainly
consisted of him assuring his girlfriend he was not fooling around on her. Rumor has it at
least two of the women in our room may have been conquests of his though. The sound
on the TV was turned down because we were all nosy. Everyone in the our room was
giggling about the eavesdropping until on fateful line was heard coming through the wall.
"Sweet heart I would not be caught dead with one of these Montana b*tches. They are all
ugly grain fed cows!" I have always remembered that line. The women (4 of them not
including my girlfriend) all got up together, without saying a single word to one another,
(which was really cool) walked out side and started kicking and pounding on his door,
yelling "Grain fed cows huh!", it sounded like the building was going to come down.
BTW it was a very lonely quarter after that for him.

The point? Well the hell with him, it has been scientifically proven that Montana’s are
not grain fed cow. As a matter of fact we are quite healthy , thank you very much.

The top 10 leanest states based on the percentage of the population that is obese:
1. Colorado: 16.0 percent
2. Hawaii: 16.4 percent
3. Massachusetts: 16.8 percent
4. Rhode Island: 18.4 percent
5. Montana: 18.8 percent
6. Connecticut: 19.0 percent
7. Vermont: 19.6 percent
8. Maine: 19.9 percent
9. Florida: 19.9 percent
10. Arizona, New Jersey and Wyoming (tie): 20.1 percent

The top 10 fattest states based on the percentage of the population that is obese:
1. Alabama: 28.4 percent
2. Mississippi: 28.1 percent
3. West Virginia: 27.7 percent
4. Indiana: 26.0 percent
5. Kentucky: 25.6 percent
6. Arkansas: 25.2 percent
7. Georgia: 25.2 percent
8. Michigan: 25.2 percent
9. Tennessee: 25.0 percent
10. Ohio 24.9 percent
Link:

http://channels.netscape.com/new/html/l ... /np/1.html;
Last edited by mslacat on Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.