NCAA Football 2005 (video game)

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

NCAA Football 2005 (video game)

Post by MSU01 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:14 pm

If anyone has NCAA Football 2005, there's a survey at easports.com where you can tell them what you think of the game and what they should do for next year. I was quite disappointed in the complete lack of updates they did on the 1-AA rosters and stadiums for this year, so I told them so. If enough MSU, Big Sky, and/or 1-AA people tell them this maybe they'll make the game more appealing in the future versions for us 1-AA people...

Other than that, my Bobcats just tied for the Big Sky title with EWU in Year 2 and had the 4th best recruiting class in the nation (take that Griz! LOL)

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:23 pm

I was going to ask about this game and just never got around to it. Was wondering if it is worth buying after having the 2004 version. Sounds like probably not, are there any updates at all? You say they tied for the Big Sky title, can you play I-AA in dynasty mode now? I just want that and the playoffs and I would be happy, but I doubt that will happen.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:27 pm

I wouldn't say it's worth the extra 50 bucks... there are some improvements, the recruiting is better, there's a new dynasty feature where you have to punish players for academics, violating team rules, etc. and the animations in the game are more realistic looking. They did absolutely nothing with the 1-AA rosters or stadiums. You still can't play a 1-AA dynasty without replacing a 1-A team and playing as a 1-A team (no playoffs)... I just replaced the Mountain West with the entire Big Sky.

rtb

2003, 2004, 2005

Post by rtb » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:31 am

This game is by far my favorite game to play so I have been buying it every year for a while. I actually have 1995 for Sega if anyone needs it! :D

Anyway I think it is worth it, but I agree the updating was not done well for I-AA. They did fix it so the computer doesn't say Touchdown Grizzlies when the Cats score and vice versa this year. They didn't fix the school song which they could because Ohio's song is the same as ours.

Has anyone checked out the other schools rosters? I think what EA does is use the rosters posted on each schools website and MSU does not update the football roster early enough for EA to get the right info. I see people are selling the actual rosters on eBay so you may want to check that out.

Overall the game is better than 2004, some cool new features but they haven't suited the game yet to please us I-AA fans.