Great Falls trib article - hilarious

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Great Falls trib article - hilarious

Post by HelenaCat95 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:37 pm

You've got to read this article. Not really MSU related, although it's an MSU student.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/news/s ... 11399.html

This has got Leno written all over it. My favorite quote, "I've never been arrested before or anything like that, and I get arrested for taking a dump"

This kids gonna get some money from the Feds over this one.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:45 pm

That is one of the most bizarre criminal stories I have read in a long time. Poor kid.

FYI, this could probably be more of a "Bobcat Hangout" kind of post, although it doesn't matter either way. It's fine where it is.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:53 pm

BAC,
upon further review, you are probably correct in it's placement at the hangout. go ahead and move it if you wish.

anyway, poor kid. methinks some lawyer in G Falls is drawing up papers now for him to sue the Border Patrol

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:08 pm

I feel bad for the person that had to use the bathroom after the kid. It sure sounds like one stinky situation.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

Bleedinbluengold
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:40 pm

My favorite was: "We don't have a plunger within 40 miles."

After a multi-million dollar upgrade, somebody should either fire the architect or the "experienced" border officer.

Oh wait - the border patrol is probably not 'trained' in hand to hand combat.

all due respect to mslacat.

:D
Last edited by Bleedinbluengold on Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BobCatFan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobCatFan » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:32 pm

Make note to myself:

Us the restrooms on the more friendly side of the US boarder. I hope I can hold it.

grizhatr
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizhatr » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:03 pm

When I read this in the paper I thought at first it was a joke. Irritable bowel syndrome is not a funny situation. When they got the vehicle checked, he probably got all nervous and decided he had to go. I bet that poor guy is so embarassed. I wouldn't want to return to school next week.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:11 pm

I was talking to my mom last night, who read the print edition of the Tribune, and she said that the kid's picture was published with the article. She also mentioned (and now thinking about it, she must be right) that it seemed like the kids and/or their parents must have been the ones who went to the paper in the first place. There was very little in the article from the authorities, and no indication that anyone official had made an effort to publicize the event. The whole article was written from the point of view of the kids.

If something like this happened to you, would you go out of your way to get an article about it in the paper, and then have your picture published as well? Of course, the "I took a sh-- in the R Bar bathroom" t-shirts were pretty popular back in the really gross bathroom days of that bar, so anything's possible.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:17 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
If something like this happened to you, would you go out of your way to get an article about it in the paper, and then have your picture published as well?

He may have gotten "legal" advice prior to this, that said that the amount of money awarded goes up in direct proportion to the amount of embarassment.
Last edited by HelenaCat95 on Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:20 pm

You might be on to something there.

By the way, I edited your post just to fix the quote html -- a few characters were missing so the formatting was a little off.