Fantasy Cattle or SimCow

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Fantasy Cattle or SimCow

Post by msu_agfan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:54 am

I know there are lots of ag students like myself here, so I thought I would share a cool game I have found. It allows you to manage an online herd of cattle, manage their feed, select for various genetic traits, and then enter the best in cattle shows. The website is showcattle.com . You can play for free, but really the only way to really play is to pay. Ima super tightwad, but I enjoyed the concept so much that I plunked down the 5 dollar monthly fee, and soon upgraded to a 39 dollar yearly subscription. If you like to sort thru all kinds of measurable traits and data, this game is for you! It is easy to get started, but some help from an experienced player will make it so much better. That is another reason I appreciate it, you interact with, against, other real live people, NOT a computer. If it interests you, find me on there and I would be glad to give you some pointers. My ranch on there is North Pole Farms. Thanks for reading this far, if you did then you probably will be over visiting the game soon, see you there!

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Fantasy Cattle or SimCow

Post by allcat » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:21 am

I played a board game when I was in Australia that was very similar to Monopoly, but used sheep. Even though I won that was enough of an ovine or bovine game to last me a lifetime.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic