Does anyone use wireless internet?????

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:04 pm

10 1/2 months ago we dropped a pretty poor att dsl system and hooked up to our local cooperative and their wireless system. ATT was fairly subpar and even gs speeds would drop to +- 1mbps. We had their best package here which was a 6mbps down...
We figured this local provider would be the Cats meow with their 10mbps down and 5 mbps up. They laughed when we said we were hoping their service could outperform ATT dsl. Remember this saying, the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.
6 1/2 months of 30 to 40 service dumps per day was the average. Always told you monitor it as wI'll we and we will get this thing fixed. Finally put up "some shielding on the tower" and it improved a bit. Oh, and finally after comaining on facebook we got a credit of 3 months which we had been asking for.
Today it has been off 15 times from 8am to 1pm and since 1pm it has been on for five minutes....3pm now. Their support in North Carolina is bewildered as to why they will never ever return our complaints.
You are asking why we are still with them... ATT is taking no new customers and the other provider, DigitalPath, has even a worse reputation...
Anyone use a wireless system and if so how is your service...

Cannot wait to move to an area with a better provider. Rant over...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Re: Does anyone use wireless internet?????

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:46 pm

If you move to Bozeman, try Skynet.com

They only deal with businesses, but there is nothing faster in Montana, its not even close. Those guys know what they are doing when it comes to throughput.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

Pecos24
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Pecos24 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:48 pm

I live outside of Helena and use Montana Internet wireless. The reliability sounds a heck of a lot better then yours. But the quality and speed are iffy. I am hoping within a year or two we get fibre in our neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill Zander
CS '93
AKA - "F'n sorry ass"

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Does anyone use wireless internet?????

Post by allcat » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:18 am

I used to have Montana Internet in Helena. The speed and bandwidth are just not there. They were a lot better than dial up, but I could never get the speeds they talked about. It was pretty reliable.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic