Twitter for nfl games?????

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Twitter for nfl games?????

Post by RickRund » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:28 pm

We only stream. Tried to watch the Raider/Chiefs game this last Thursday but a minute in the game went off. I guess we are in the Raiders watch area, EVEN away games. Sling told me to try twitter for this week's game RAMS/Seahawks. I have not downloaded the app yet. Anything special that has to be down.
I guess NBC isn't available here, not sure what nfl network will say come game time so it looks like twitter may be my only chance...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Re: Twitter for nfl games?????

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:11 pm

If you have Verizon, you can stream most NFL games for free with their Go90 app.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:41 pm

CatBlitz wrote:If you have Verizon, you can stream most NFL games for free with their Go90 app.
I did stream some of the game on twitter. Had some issues. Would stream for two or three minutes and the buffer, play, buffer, play, buffer, play, buffer and then freeze. I would have to shrink the app and bring it back, then click on the app. Then it would do the same thing. Got fed up after a,while.
Downloaded go90 and basically had the same problem... All this happened while streaming at 7.5mbps to 12.0mbps. Kinda stumped there.
Is streaming on my Samsung s4 part of the problem? Can it not just keep up with the stream download? Will try to download go90 on the PC to see if it streams better.
Thanks CatBlitz for the info.

msubobcats@outlook.com

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:33 pm

May have figured out my buffering problem... Probably had a couple too many apps and was low on "usable memory"...

msubobcats@outlook.com

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:19 am

RickRund wrote:May have figured out my buffering problem... Probably had a couple too many apps and was low on "usable memory"...
Could have very well been the problem. However, streaming in good quality needs a decent internet connection. 12 Mbps isn't slow, per se, but I'd probably not expect much for quality below 20.

Try out some things Sunday and let me know what happens. Curious to see what you find out.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.