Another rape at UM

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:28 pm

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: Another rape at UM

Post by RickRund » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:51 am

Very.....

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:11 pm

2 different rapes and I am hearing of a third that was reported today.

Gotta be good at something and it hast been football lately

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:28 am

You won't deter many rapists when you treat some like the '72 Russian basketball team and hand down sentences like this.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/19/us/montan ... index.html

No that isn't a repeat of an older case. It just happened this week.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:10 am

Ya that was crazy!!! You would think there would be some legal recourse when the penalty is so far from expectation.

Was really impressed with coach Choate's preemptive approach regarding this topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:19 am

[quote="77matcat"]Ya that was crazy!!! You would think there would be some legal recourse when the penalty is so far from expectation.

Was really impressed with coach Choate's preemptive approach regarding this topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/quote]

Yeah, that was very impressive. Anyone (was it Griz1stCats2nd who said Choate isn't trustworthy or something like that?) who thinks Choate doesn't have character hasn't read that story.

grizpack
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizpack » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:27 am

TomCat88 wrote:You won't deter many rapists when you treat some like the '72 Russian basketball team and hand down sentences like this.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/19/us/montan ... index.html

No that isn't a repeat of an older case. It just happened this week.
That case is ridiculous. The judge is retiring next month, so not much they could do. I supposed they could try and remove him and stop his retirement, but the State of Montana won't have the balls to do that.

Grizlaw
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Grizlaw » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:27 pm

Sorry, but I'm missing the "college athletics" angle here. Did the incest case involve a UM football player? Did any case mentioned in this thread involve a UM football player? Or is it just assumed that every bad thing that happens in Missoula somehow reflects poorly on the Griz?

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:17 pm

Grizlaw wrote:Sorry, but I'm missing the "college athletics" angle here. Did the incest case involve a UM football player? Did any case mentioned in this thread involve a UM football player? Or is it just assumed that every bad thing that happens in Missoula somehow reflects poorly on the Griz?
Rape is now synonymous with the griz.

Apparently

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:55 am

Grizlaw wrote:Sorry, but I'm missing the "college athletics" angle here. Did the incest case involve a UM football player? Did any case mentioned in this thread involve a UM football player? Or is it just assumed that every bad thing that happens in Missoula somehow reflects poorly on the Griz?
Good point. Apparently your university has bigger issues than college football. Domestic violence and attandence issues seem to get the majority of headlines nowadays.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:55 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Rape is now synonymous with the griz.

Apparently
Yep but usually on the football field.................as in did you see that rape in Flagstaff Saturday night?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com

Grizlaw
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Grizlaw » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:52 pm

Cataholic wrote: Good point. Apparently your university has bigger issues than college football. Domestic violence and attandence issues seem to get the majority of headlines nowadays.
By "nowadays," you must mean "about three years ago," right? That's about how long ago JJ's trial was, and there hasn't been another rapey- incident since then, has there?

Of course, I wouldn't blame Cat fans for living in the past - it allows you to say things like "we have a semi-decent team, *nowadays*." ;)

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:39 am

UM has come a long way in how it handles rapes and should be commended for that. Unfortunately for UM fans, it will be a long time before it gets out of the public consciousness. Since several football players were involved in this episode it will be a long time before people (not just Cat fans, but not as much as Cat fans) stop attaching UM football to rape whenever it comes up on the UM campus.

There is still an issue going on with Krakauer and the Montana Supreme Court that revolves around the JJ case. The SC kicked it back down to a lower court last month. The book 'Missoula' just came out in paperback and sales are spiking due to the allegations by numerous women against Donald Trump and Trump's comments. The book contains sections on JJ and Beau Donaldson, along with the alleged gang rape by UM football players, so new readers will become informed of those incidents.

Is it fair? I certainly don't think so, nor do I think a lot of things thrown back and forth between these schools are fair. Then again all's fair in love and war and the things going on in this rivalry make this excellent ammo for those doing battle.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:56 pm

I never blamed UM for the rape the same way I dont blame Baylor for the rapes that happened there.

I know this is a crazy way to look at stuff by I blame the rapist.

I dont blame Nike because he showed up at the scene with the new Air Jordans on, I dont blame Chevy for the transportation to get to and from the rape.......I just blame the criminal. Wacky but its true.

Now back to your regularly scheduled name calling and witch hunts. :coffee:

www.maroonblood.com

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:28 pm

was Bill Cosby or Bill Clinton in Missoula?