Happy Father's Day Bobcats

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

JDoub
Member # Retired

Happy Father's Day Bobcats

Post by JDoub » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:34 pm

Thankful for my Dad, who passed 7 years ago. Born poor in Glasgow, worked hard on the hi-line, never dreaming of being able to go to college. Was a star basketball player at Glasgow (according to my uncle) his freshman year but couldn't play after that because he had to work to help provide. Graduated, got drafted into the Army. Went to MSU ( MSC) on the GI bill, graduated top of his class in Electrical Engineering. He was grateful his whole life for the chance he had to go to college, and made the most of it. Married a Hinsdale girl whom he loved his whole life. Raised 6 kids in Montana, retired as COO of Montana Power, don't think he ever missed a game, concert, graduation. He was a Bobcat his whole life.

When I had the chance to go to multiple universities, he did not try to persuade me any particular way, BUT I for sure took notice at his excitement when Sonny Lubick came to our house, and then again when MSU offered. And I felt his pride when I signed with the Bobcats, it was somehow intertwined with his full devotion to me and his life-altering experience at MSC.

Well done, Dad. Enjoy your rest and reward. You were a good, good father.

I am praying today, and committed to, blessing my 3 boys, believing in them, and building them up the way my Dad did for me.

http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/BozemanD ... eview=True

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: Happy Father's Day Bobcats

Post by RickRund » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:54 pm

Great tribute...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.