Bobcats in Missoula

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bleedinbluengold
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Bobcats in Missoula

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Tue May 25, 2004 8:04 am

The Missoula Chapter of the Bobcat Booster Club is hosting a BBQ at a local residence Thursday night. Food and drinks are provided. Some coaches and administration officials will be present. We'll auction off some MSU stuff. In the past you could bid on official player jerseys, game (FB, BB, VB) packages, official helmets, etc. All proceeds go directly to the ASA.

We would especially like to see as many people from the "Root" as possible.

Mslacat was a big bidder last year, and we expect Mslacat to spend big again this year!!! :D

Call MSU-ASA for the details and directions.

Alternatively, you could send me a PM via Bobcat Nation and I'll respond.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue May 25, 2004 8:42 am

Actually I was not near the top Bidder! The item to be bid on, was a, hangout with the
football team trip, to Eastern Wash. for 2-4 people. Breakfast , and side line passes with
the team!. One families Christmas present account took a serious hit!!
Seriously, though it is really outstanding how the University athletic department, and in
particular Coach Kramer, gets out and meets the Alum.. Over the last few years I think I
have seen and talked to Kramer on average twice a year in MISSOULA! There is never
a cover charge/ mandatory donation or the like. Yes, the booster program may hand out
some literature, but, that is part of their job. I look around what other colleges are doing
and it always seems that to "meet the coach" type activities there is always a $6-7 or so
cover charge. A couple years back I had an intern just out of MSU who I invited to a
function and his first reaction was "how much does it cost?" I brought him along and he
had a blast . He is now a booster, and never misses one of these things. This
accessibility to the athletic department and more particular the football program I think is
far more valuable than any short term "insiders club" benefits of a cover charge!