Inserting Pictures

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Inserting Pictures

Post by catatac » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:28 am

Can someone give me a quick run-down of how to insert a picture with my post? The image is on my desktop. Thanks in advance! :D

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:31 am

Unfortunately you need to have it online somewhere, such that you can type a url into a web browser and view the picture. Once you can do that, then just click the "Img" button when typing your post, type in that url, then hit the "Img" button again. Submit your post and voila, your pictur shows up in your post.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:04 am

kmax wrote:Unfortunately you need to have it online somewhere, such that you can type a url into a web browser and view the picture. Once you can do that, then just click the "Img" button when typing your post, type in that url, then hit the "Img" button again. Submit your post and voila, your pictur shows up in your post.
Thanks Kmax. Don't some sites host images for people for free?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:07 am

I'm sure there are some out there, perhaps a quick google search would find you something. Sorry I honestly can't say as I have always had some place on the web to call home and use for this sort of thing so I have never really had to look for anything like that.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon