A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SonomaCat

Interesting article

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:48 am

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:32 am

...I was more interested in reading about what's happening to all my Berkshire-Hathaway stock :lol: I wish...but seriously, the one's that listen to all these goofballs really get to me. Worked with a teacher in Augusta, Georgia that was one of the worst of the worse dittoheads I've been around. It was amazing to listen to him rant and rave about taxes and then complain that his wife as a hospital administrator made more than twice his measly 45k; he couldn't seem to make the connection as to how and where his salary came from...and he was a math teacher!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:43 pm

I thought we all knew this already. Except I thought Fox and the like got their idea from watching Sports panels like, Howie Long, James Brown, Jimmy Johnson and Terry Bradshaw. I think this guy is giving the talking (news?) heads too much credit for stealing from just radio, because they obviously are closely related to sports pinheads. But this has been around forever, hasn’t it?

Yes, FNC, MSNBC, CNN are entertainment forms, but not enough people know that yet. Once people figure it out the politicians find a different way to take their garbage out. It was once newspaper, then radio, then TV and now it’s advertisements (see Swift Boats for Bush campaign). Documentaries are moving into the batter’s box. Or did they already pass me by and are crossing home plate.

By the way my vote for all time worst news-wanna-be is the FOX Morning Show. What a gas! They are in constant appalled mode and had the guy from ‘Crossing Over’ on as a guest to discuss Terry Schiavo. That should’ve been a dead giveaway for the viewers… “Oooooh, this is all just staged!”

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:37 pm

iaafan wrote: By the way my vote for all time worst news-wanna-be is the FOX Morning Show. What a gas! They are in constant appalled mode and had the guy from ‘Crossing Over’ on as a guest to discuss Terry Schiavo. That should’ve been a dead giveaway for the viewers… “Oooooh, this is all just staged!”
My fav was dan rather....fake national guard story that was based on fake papers...no matter what you think of the subject matter at hand that was boorish jurnalism, kind of like trying to spread a rumor in high school

This space for rent....