MT Guv race

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SonomaCat

MT Guv race

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:12 am

I haven't been keeping really close tabs on this race so far, so this comment could be a moot point if both guys are simply fringe candidates, but for the sake of being able to avoid national embarassment, please don't vote for either Keating or Miller. That sort of thinking is best left to the Bible Belt states who are proud of their long records of backwards thinking.

http://billingsgazette.com/index.php?id ... idates.inc

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:46 pm

I don't think either of those two have much of a chance... Brian Schweitzer seems to be the favorite right now. He's done well in the polls and last I heard, he had a lot more money raised than any other candidate. I think Bob Brown is probably the likely Republican candidate, although I'm sure someone else on here knows more than I do.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:12 pm

MSU 01 - you've got it figured pretty well. It's both Bob Brown's and Brian Schweitzer's to lose in their respective primaries.
Bob Brown's main opposition is Pat Davison, who just majorly shot himself in the foot, by getting a Lt. Governor candidate who will probably be ruled ineligible for the ballot (residency issue - voted in California less than two years ago).
Brian Schweitzer has picked a Republican Lt. Gov running mate. This has angered Dems in their primary, and has given a little boost to John Vincent who is also running.
In the end, IMO, it will be Brown vs. Schweitzer. Both will be tough, and I'm not ready to handicap who'll win in the fall.

lifesapuntreturn
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lifesapuntreturn » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:52 pm

Speaking of national embarassment and Montana politics, the following article appears in today's (4/22/04) USA Today, page 7A, in the "Washington" section:

Senator's wife charged in mulch dispute

The wife of Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., was accused of hitting a woman in a dispute over mulch at a garden center, police said. Wanda Baucus, 56, was arraigned in D.C. Superior Court on a charge of simple assault, a misdemeanor, and released on her own recognizance. The incident allegedly took place Tuesday; Baucus turned herself in Wednesday. Police said Wanda Baucus apparently was upset that she did not get help loading mulch into her car while the other woman did. Baucus' lawyer disputed that version of events and said there was no basis for the assault charge.