Good News

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Good News

Post by velochat » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:09 am

This is what MSU, Montana, the US, and the world needs. International experiences break down ignorance and isolation. That's what a university is about.

http://www.montana.edu/news/1100715609.html

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:31 am

During my Sophomore year (2001-2002) we got an foreign student from Iran who
transferred from Utah State to MSU into our class. Basically she found the environment
at U.S.U. very unconfortable. She became one of my better friend for the next 4 years. It
was a very eye opening experienced for a Montana boy who only knew about Iran from
the Television news. She started out the year in full robe and vials, and by the end of the
was one of the most colorful styling dresser I have ever met. Her father was a jeweler and
she had the jewelry to die for. I can remember late nights sitting in Cheever shooting the
breeze, it was so cool, I was like a sponge. I would tactful try to explain to her what the
guy meant when he said she had a great caboose, and she would explain about the slimy
husband (arranged for by parents) she had waiting for her back in Iran., if she ever is
forced to return. It was very interesting to watching he become Americanized (if that is a
word) and yet distinctly Iranian at the same time. Of the experiences I treasure from my
college life it was what I learned from other cultures ( including those Minnesotains)