Monday Night Football opening

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Monday Night Football opening

Post by mslacat » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:52 pm

I keep hearing about how everyone is upset about the opening to Monday Night Football. I don't know, I really think while is was risque but it did not bother me do ant of you guy/gals have a problem with the opening.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:25 pm

I never get home in time for the beginning of any MNF game. What are they showing?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:31 pm

It involved Nicolette Sheridan of Desperate Housewives and Terrel Owens in a locker room with Nicolette Sheridan tring to "convince" T.O. let the Eagles win the "game without" him. It also involved a towel dropping. NFL has blasted the intro.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:38 pm

I missed that but I will say the absolutely STUPIDEST thing I've ever seen involving sports is the BS that MNF is doing at halftime.

I don't even know what the hell they call it; I think I've done my best to erase it from my mind. Essentially, it's their version of "Punk'd". It is the stupidest, most excruciatingly painful few minutes on television. I made the mistake of watching it twice; the first was horrendous, and I watched it again one week because Michaels & Madden assured me before the half that it was "hilarious". Obviously, they had to be paid a bonus to say that...

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:15 pm

El_Gato
I could not agree more. Just show highlights, from the last week end and the monday night game. High light a player etc. etc.. Embarassing player is just plain stupid and makes me change the channels and ultimately miss the 1st half.