Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

A place for Bobcat boosters, alumni and fans to connect with one another.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SonomaCat

Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by SonomaCat » Wed May 28, 2008 11:49 pm

This was something I thought of a long time ago, but kept forgettting to post.

Anytime you have an opportunity to post to this site from a unique location (the more exotic and/or bizarre, the better), please do with a brief description of where you are and what's going on around you (if it happens to be interesting).

So if you are at Burning Man, post from there and tell us a story.

If you are at a strip joint in Mongolia, fill us in.

If you are munching on Rocky Mountain Oysters at a Testicle Festival, give us your review.

Let's see who can come up with the most unqiue and interesting posting experience. Fabulous prizes will ... not likely be awarded. But you will have our pride and admiration. :wink:

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Thu May 29, 2008 10:40 am

SLUT (Salt Lake UT) is UNIQUE, believe me

Right at this very moment, kid you not, Marine One is flying over my office with Pres. Bush in it.

omahacat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by omahacat » Fri May 30, 2008 1:39 pm

Man, I feel sorry for anyone living in Salt Lake. I wish we could trade Canada Utah for B.C.

Bobcat Born

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:58 pm

a ballroom at the hyatt in santa clara, ca, listening to a tax accounting seminar.

I doubt anyone will be able to top the sexiness and excitement of this one!<br/><br/>-- post from mobile interface (unknown mobile type) --

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by PapaG » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:18 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:So if you are at Burning Man, post from there and tell us a story.
Well, since you asked, I am running around naked (oustide of my striped tube socks), the alkali is burning my eyes like a mofo, I haven't slept in three days due to various "intakes", but dang it, I am glad to hear the Bobcats beat CU in Boulder!! WooHoooooo!!!

Did I mention someone torched the big wooden man at some point???

Or is this a flashback?

'RootCat
New Recruit

Post by 'RootCat » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:32 pm

Certainly not sexy, but I'm posting from my hotel in Shenzhen China.

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:43 pm

'RootCat wrote:Certainly not sexy, but I'm posting from my hotel in Shenzhen China.
I have to think China wins! Especially Shenzhen, I am relatively well versed in Chinese Geography but haven't hear of that city.....unless it is a relatively new name for an old city.

I am not posting from there now but I have made many posts from the Sletten Cancer Institute in Great Falls while waiting for my wife.

That is a neat place..........considering.

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

HassFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by HassFan » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:47 pm

Posting from a cheap hotel in Minot. There's getting to be a lot of oil activity around here compared to a year or more ago.

- Hopefully there is a beer available. May as well get conditioned for the start of the season. Looking for advice so that I don't peak too early.

TeacherCat

Post by TeacherCat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:35 am

Posting from Lahinch, Ireland while on my honeymoon. Can't get enough of the BN. :wink:

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies. -Thomas Jefferson

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:40 am

TeacherCat wrote:Posting from Lahinch, Ireland while on my honeymoon. Can't get enough of the BN. :wink:
I'd love to travel to Ireland one day ... you'll have to give us a rundown on your trip when you get back!

nativecat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by nativecat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:35 pm

TeacherCat wrote:Posting from Lahinch, Ireland while on my honeymoon. Can't get enough of the BN. :wink:
atta boy!! I'm sure I couldnt find anything better to do on my honeymoon either than to post online!! :roll: :lol:

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:43 pm

nativecat wrote:
atta boy!! I'm sure I couldnt find anything better to do on my honeymoon either than to post online!! :roll: :lol:
I'll admit that I checked in on BN.com on my honeymoon as well. Granted, it was from a Hemingway-inspired (or maybe he actually drank there? I'm not sure) bar in one of the Cinque Terre towns after several beers and part of a caraffe of vino rosso, but still. A guy's got to check his email and see what's new in Bobcat Nation at least once a week, doesn't he? After all, we're not machines ... we need a break from the action now and then! :wink:

Sandcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Sandcat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:16 pm

121 degrees today in Saudi Arabia - Just came back from filling up my SUV with 60 cent per gallon premium gas.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:21 pm

Sandcat wrote:121 degrees today in Saudi Arabia - Just came back from filling up my SUV with 60 cent per gallon premium gas.
SHADDUP! :D

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:26 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Sandcat wrote:121 degrees today in Saudi Arabia - Just came back from filling up my SUV with 60 cent per gallon premium gas.
SHADDUP! :D
I'll happily exchange paying $4.50 for gas for not having to be in 121 degree heat in Saudi Arabia ... or being in Saudi Arabia under most any circumstances, actually. I'd be a nervous wreck over there ... and I wouldn't even be able to hit a bar if I wanted to!

Sandcat is much tougher than I am.

lifeloyalsigmsu
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by lifeloyalsigmsu » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:16 pm

It was a year ago but I posted from Nicosia, Cyprus while on vacation.

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." --Thomas Reed

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:13 am

lifeloyalsigmsu wrote:It was a year ago but I posted from Nicosia, Cyprus while on vacation.
Have the Greeks (no, not the frat boys) and the Turks stopped shooting at each other there or is there still a lot of friction???

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:14 am

My couch.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

lifeloyalsigmsu
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by lifeloyalsigmsu » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:17 pm

vike_king wrote:
lifeloyalsigmsu wrote:It was a year ago but I posted from Nicosia, Cyprus while on vacation.
Have the Greeks (no, not the frat boys) and the Turks stopped shooting at each other there or is there still a lot of friction???
There is a lot of friction still. The city of Nicosia is split in half in the sense that the north side of the city is Turkish occupied and the Cypriots occupy the southern part.

The Cypriot side is a very nice city and it's very well developed/modern. The Turkish occupied side is a mess and it still looks the same from when the 2 groups had their war. Many of the buildings that I could see (I didn't cross over to the other side) looked like they were freshly attacked the day before. It wasn't a pretty sight.

I walked up to the guards (on the south side) and they explained a particular memorial. There are about 3000 Cypriots to this day who haven't been found as a result of the war. This memorial has pictures and words about each and every person who is missing.

There is a lot of bad blood between the 2 sides and I was only told the Cypriot side of things. Nonetheless, the hatred is very deep and certainly not hidden.

Amazing country though.

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." --Thomas Reed

HiLineCat

Post by HiLineCat » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:21 pm

I posted from Barnaul, Siberia, Russia last year at about this time. I happened to be there when Kramer was let go. Talk about being in a place where you can't get much info when you need it. Barnaul is exactly half way around the world from Montana, a12 hour time difference.