MSGA?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

MSGA?

Post by hokeyfine » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:04 am

iaafan
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: MSGA?

Post by iaafan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:45 am

Yes. Right in lockstep with humans and dinosaurs living at the same time. The Earth is flat. We never put a man on the moon. Any of those people could get elected to office. Gianforte did.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:58 am

Damn, I thought this was going to be a golf thread. #-o

(http://www.msgagolf.com)

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:14 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:45 am
Yes. Right in lockstep with humans and dinosaurs living at the same time. The Earth is flat. We never put a man on the moon. Any of those people could get elected to office. Gianforte did.
I'm still steamed about Gianforte. The fact that a Californian is "representing" Montana in Congress bothers me more than his politics, though.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Pecos24
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Pecos24 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:22 pm

kmax wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:58 am

Yeah, me too....

Bill Zander
CS '93

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:21 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:14 pm
iaafan wrote:
I'm still steamed about Gianforte. The fact that a Californian is "representing" Montana in Congress bothers me more than his politics, though.
What does he have to do with California? I think he was originally from Pennsylvania.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:05 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:21 pm
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
iaafan wrote:
What does he have to do with California? I think he was originally from Pennsylvania.
He was born in California, and at some point his parents moved to Philly. By my calculus, someone who was born in California and grew up on the east coast is basically a Californian. And if not, he's still from the east coast. Not a Montanan.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:55 am

Did you guys ever watch Jay leno?

Joining the whiners club till we never lose a game again.

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:23 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:05 pm
LTown Cat wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
iaafan wrote:
He was born in California, and at some point his parents moved to Philly. By my calculus, someone who was born in California and grew up on the east coast is basically a Californian. And if not, he's still from the east coast. Not a Montanan.
What exactly does it mean to be a "Montanan"? Do you have to be multi generation? Born here? Or, does it mean someone who works hard, provides for his family and becomes successful? Granted Greg wasn't born here, but he came here over 20 years ago, built a business provided lots of well paying jobs and is now giving back and always has. By my "calculus" that probably makes him more "Montanan" than some people on here who claim to be "Montanan".

GO CATS!!!

iaafan

Post by iaafan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:39 am

Ultimately it shouldn’t matter where you’re from. As long as you share the same values like not assaulting people. Gianforte not only believes in Noah’s Ark, but that dinosaurs were on it. Among other things. He tries to intimidate the media. Says allowing discrimination adainst lgbtq is good for business. Says retirement is against the Bible. So a lot of Montanans like to point out he’s not from Montana.

Cledus

Post by Cledus » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:12 pm

Pecos24 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:22 pm
kmax wrote:

Yeah, me too....
Me three

hokeyfine

Post by hokeyfine » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:26 am

Cledus wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:12 pm
Pecos24 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:22 pm
kmax wrote:

Yeah, me too....
Me three
The nice thing is, you can watch the video and shake your head in disbelief, then go to msgagolf.com and make a donation. hopefully those kids wont grow up and be in a video like that. :thumbup:

wapiti
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by wapiti » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:10 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:05 pm
LTown Cat wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
iaafan wrote:
So this also means will will not be able to support Kathleen Williams. She is from California

Cledus

Post by Cledus » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:46 pm

wapiti wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:10 am
So this also means will will not be able to support Kathleen Williams. She is from California

I notice her Wikipedia page has been edited to delete where she's from, but it still shows that she didn't move here until 1995 and she got her undergrad at Berkeley. Cos, yeah, there's a lot of common sense going on there.

For all of you who worship at the altar of "Montana-ness," how long does someone have to live here before you consider them one of us?

hokeyfine

Post by hokeyfine » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:59 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:46 pm
wapiti wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:10 am

I notice her Wikipedia page has been edited to delete where she's from, but it still shows that she didn't move here until 1995 and she got her undergrad at Berkeley. Cos, yeah, there's a lot of common sense going on there.

For all of you who worship at the altar of "Montana-ness," how long does someone have to live here before you consider them one of us?
1 week. long enough for them to unpack..... the whole "montana values" is garbage. if someone is a resident of montana and would like to run for office then good for them. This need, by some people, for political purity by family lineage is bizarre at the least.

Bobcatsinmso
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:08 pm

Not from around here, are ya hokey...... :mrgreen:

I don't always talk to University of Missoula graduates, but when I do I usually order fries.
Character Accountability Toughness State #beattheskyownthestate ESG-GCG FTG #oveRTD

hokeyfine

Post by hokeyfine » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:44 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:08 pm
Not from around here, are ya hokey...... :mrgreen:
Yep! Born and raised :lol: ......... Doesn't matter where you come from, your religion (or lack there of), gender, sexuality, criminal record, etc. If you have good ideas and a vision then you can represent anyone.
This whole "Montana values" is garbage and means nothing. So is the idea of being "patriotic and loving your country". Again, buzzwords that mean nothing and are used by politicians who have no ideas or vision.

Bobcatsinmso
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:48 am

Fly your flag high. :wink:

I don't always talk to University of Missoula graduates, but when I do I usually order fries.
Character Accountability Toughness State #beattheskyownthestate ESG-GCG FTG #oveRTD

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:24 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:39 am
Ultimately it shouldn’t matter where you’re from. As long as you share the same values like not assaulting people. Gianforte not only believes in Noah’s Ark, but that dinosaurs were on it. Among other things. He tries to intimidate the media. Says allowing discrimination adainst lgbtq is good for business. Says retirement is against the Bible. So a lot of Montanans like to point out he’s not from Montana.
Interesting comment about Noah's Ark. I by no stretch think dinosaurs were on it, but I definitely believe in Noah's Ark. Interesting why you throw religion under the bus, why is that idea any less valid than your ideas? :-k

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level