Champ at Pride in Helena

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Member # Retired

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by AFCAT » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
GoldstoneCat wrote:Why not send him? MSU is a huge-tent campus, and must (and should want to) be viewed as welcoming and tolerant of all creeds, colors, and orientations of students. It isn't and doesn't have to be a political issue, simply about embracing tolerance and using a symbol of the university to do so. There has to be more pressing things to worry about than this. :roll:
My thoughts exactly! The most urgent issues, in my opinion, is getting two DL who can come in this fall and be in the rotation the by the first game or we're going to need more cornerbacks!

Then, get some kids who can catch a football! And what about the basketball team? Lord, some people need to get their priorities straightened out! Worrying about whether or not our mascot goes to a Pride activity...geezzzz!

Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:48 pm

I don’t understand why anyone would get worked up over this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PHAT CAT
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:55 pm

I'm calling BS on all the PC lovers. I'm pro gay marriage and I still don't like Champ marching in this parade. This is a public university. There's a lot of pro gun and anti gun people going to MSU. Is Champ goin to been in everyone of those marches too? Where do we draw the line? You support one special interest group, you better support them all.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:05 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:I'm calling BS on all the PC lovers. I'm pro gay marriage and I still don't like Champ marching in this parade. This is a public university. There's a lot of pro gun and anti gun people going to MSU. Is Champ goin to been in everyone of those marches too? Where do we draw the line? You support one special interest group, you better support them all.
Not all special interest groups are the same. The Gay Pride gathering isn’t about protesting or lobbying. They’re just out celebrating who they are like St. Patrick’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, etc.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:13 pm

What's next? In a Muslim march in a burka? This is opening up a can of worms and MSU is going to get sued. Just wait. It's coming.

Hi-Line Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Well the only positive about this thing is the liberal arts college can’t call us the cow college college anymore, which it is and I love. It also feels good to beat them at their own game. Waded is really smart and she knows butts in the seat are more important than political views.

"I have an unhealthy obsession with Bobcat football...and arguing!!"

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by wbtfg » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:40 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:What's next? In a Muslim march in a burka? This is opening up a can of worms and MSU is going to get sued. Just wait. It's coming.
This is a joke, right?

Hi-Line Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:50 pm

Everybody has their opinion and if they are uncomfortable with champ at the rally I have no problem with it. I can definitely see where phat cat and michigancat are coming from, just because it’s not PC doesn’t mean crap, even though the left makes it like they are terrible people for not conforming.

This was a publicity move by waded, which was smart, but other than that you don’t have to sell out your beliefs on message board because your views may be “unpopular”.

"I have an unhealthy obsession with Bobcat football...and arguing!!"

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:59 pm

wbtfg wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:What's next? In a Muslim march in a burka? This is opening up a can of worms and MSU is going to get sued. Just wait. It's coming.
This is a joke, right?

Everything is a joke, until you get your ass sued. If you think other groups are going to let this slid, I'd say you're wrong. Not only did Champ walk in this march, but Champ wore a gay pride tutu. Tom can claim anything he wants. This is not ST. Pat's in Butte. Far from it, my friend.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by wbtfg » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:08 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
This is a joke, right?

Everything is a joke, until you get your ass sued. If you think other groups are going to let this slid, I'd say you're wrong. Not only did Champ walk in this march, but Champ wore a gay pride tutu. Tom can claim anything he wants. This is not ST. Pat's in Butte. Far from it, my friend.
Why would champ get sued for wearing a tutu in a pride parade?

Also, are you sure you’re mad about it because he might get sued?

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:Everybody has their opinion and if they are uncomfortable with champ at the rally I have no problem with it. I can definitely see where phat cat and michigancat are coming from, just because it’s not PC doesn’t mean crap, even though the left makes it like they are terrible people for not conforming.

This was a publicity move by waded, which was smart, but other than that you don’t have to sell out your beliefs on message board because your views may be “unpopular”.
I don't care that Champ walked in this march. I don't like the tutu. I think it's over the top and prime for other group to demand Champ walks in their marches too. With all the new people moving to Montana, how long do you think it is, until someone sues us? If you think this state is the same place that we all grew up in, you'd be f'in wrong. Hell, the group who sues us, might not even live in Montana.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:14 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:Everybody has their opinion and if they are uncomfortable with champ at the rally I have no problem with it. I can definitely see where phat cat and michigancat are coming from, just because it’s not PC doesn’t mean crap, even though the left makes it like they are terrible people for not conforming.

I don't care that Champ walked in this march. I don't like the tutu. I think it's over the top and prime for other group to demand Champ walks in their marches too. With all the new people moving to Montana, how long do you think it is, until someone sues us? If you think this state is the same place that we all grew up in, you'd be f'in wrong. Hell, the group who sues us, might not even live in Montana.
I don't like to argue, but in this instance I believe the other demographic will me more inclined to get a worthless, parasitical, piece of ****** leech--in other words, a ****** lawyer, and sue.

*Edit...Let them have Bozeangeles (leave MSU alone or there will be hell to pay), the Bitterroot, Flathead and Lake County, and Helena within the city limits. Billings always was transplants so it doesn't count. But, the rest of Montana will raise hell one way or the other. Missoula? They never were Montana anyway.

The MICKSTER
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by The MICKSTER » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:03 pm

michigancat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
michigancat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
MSU named most LGBTQ-friendly college in Montana
http://www.montana.edu/news/17404/msu-n ... in-montana
Does that mean the university should send Champ to push Waded's agenda?
Should they not because it is against your agenda?
A university isn't a political platform.
+1
Champ shouldn't be used for this or other political based activities such as NRA rallies, anti-gun rallies, pro-immigration rallies, anti-illegal immigration rallies, pro-life rallies, abortion rallies, black lives matter rallies, confederate rallies, religious events or a million other things. Let's keep sports representatives promoting sporting events and sports teams.....AND STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM SOCIAL ISSUES & OUT OF POLITICS!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:55 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:
michigancat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
michigancat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Should they not because it is against your agenda?
A university isn't a political platform.
+1
Champ shouldn't be used for this or other political based activities such as NRA rallies, anti-gun rallies, pro-immigration rallies, anti-illegal immigration rallies, pro-life rallies, abortion rallies, black lives matter rallies, confederate rallies, religious events or a million other things. Let's keep sports representatives promoting sporting events and sports teams.....AND STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM SOCIAL ISSUES & OUT OF POLITICS!
Agreed 100%

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:18 pm

3:30 gets earlier each and every day, so let me state this: never exclude anyone from your circle. Embrace them all, even if you disagree. Meaningful dialogue and divergent points of view make for interesting discussions when you are hot potting. Who knows? Maybe they will invite you hicks into their...and they frequently are cute chicks...

BozoneCat
Member # Retired

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:22 pm

Some of you guys need to get out a little. You are on the wrong side of this. Pretty sure segregation wasn’t popular with everyone 70 years ago, although it seems crazy to think that anyone could be treated differently just because of the color of their skin nowadays. There’s just so many other things that I have going on in my life to worry about, this doesn’t affect me one bit and I could care less that Champ was sent to support this event. Actually, I think it’s great marketing. And no, no one is going to get sued over this, give me a break.

GO CATS GO!!!

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:19 am

BozoneCat wrote:Some of you guys need to get out a little. You are on the wrong side of this. Pretty sure segregation wasn’t popular with everyone 70 years ago, although it seems crazy to think that anyone could be treated differently just because of the color of their skin nowadays. There’s just so many other things that I have going on in my life to worry about, this doesn’t affect me one bit and I could care less that Champ was sent to support this event. Actually, I think it’s great marketing. And no, no one is going to get sued over this, give me a break.

Said the Cat who has no liability. Segregation? It's not because Champ was at this event. It's that MSU has picked and choose who Champ walks with. I got married once. Four brother's were in our wedding party. But nice try. PM me. Would love for you to see how anti anything I am.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:20 am

Deep breaths people. Champ was at at state wide parade celebrating love.

I also remember seeing champ at the Mother’s Day run in billings a few years ago. Perhaps he Also does st patty’s parade or a walk for the cure event.

There are lots of potential targets for our faux rage topic of the day, but I don’t think this is it.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:20 am

TomCat88 wrote:
michigancat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Her agenda of attracting as many students as possible? As a dyed in wool Republican I can say she has my full support in this as it helps MSU stay in the black. It’s a huge group with tons of money to spend on higher education.
You are a dyed in the wool Republican?

Joining the whiners club till we never lose a game again.

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:28 am

wbtfg wrote:Deep breaths people. Champ was at at state wide parade celebrating love.

I also remember seeing champ at the Mother’s Day run in billings a few years ago. Perhaps he Also does st patty’s parade or a walk for the cure event.

There are lots of potential targets for our faux rage topic of the day, but I don’t think this is it.
:goodpost: