Champ at Pride in Helena

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cataholic
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Champ at Pride in Helena

Post by Cataholic » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:57 pm

seataccat wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:Some of you guys need to get out a little. You are on the wrong side of this. Pretty sure segregation wasn’t popular with everyone 70 years ago, although it seems crazy to think that anyone could be treated differently just because of the color of their skin nowadays. There’s just so many other things that I have going on in my life to worry about, this doesn’t affect me one bit and I could care less that Champ was sent to support this event. Actually, I think it’s great marketing. And no, no one is going to get sued over this, give me a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a great post. Having kids of college age, I can tell you that the generation currently attending MSU readily accepts the LGBT community. Having Champ at this event is a marketing move and quite frankly, is a smart one. You only need to look at “go Scats go” posts here on Bobcat Nation and also as a moderator at Egriz as “Payton lives” to understand further. When his homophobic posts go viral, you will see another Egriz and media meltdown similar to the Lisa Davey and Alphagriz topic.

Future Headline:

Egriz moderator makes homophobic comments regarding MSU mascot participation in Pride rally.

Not one thing I have posted is homophobic. Nice try.
Really?? Let’s let the Missoulian decide. We can start with the title of your thread at E-Griz: “MSU bobcat mascot comes out of the closet”. Real classy....
Funny... not homophobic. In fact, the term "Came out of the closet" has been used by gays for 50 plus years. So if you want to claim its homophobic then I guess that gays are homophobic. :roll:
To claim it wasn't homophobic to take a jab at champ supporting the parade is pretty weak dude. Go back to your mod job at egriz where you belong.
Scats is a complete idiot. Here is a sampling of Scats homophobic quotes on this subject here at Bobcatnation:

"He seems right at home in the pics. Guess your mascot swings both ways!"
"Beat the Griz at sending a mascot to a gay pride march. Wow. You cat fans are really red headed step children if you have stooped to that level. I for one am glad you won this one"

Here are some of his homophobic quotes from egriz on the subject:

Starts the thread with the title: "FCS MSU Bobcat mascot comes out of the closet"
"Champ showed up at the lgbt parade in Helena with a gay pride tutu!! You can't make this crap up"
"Maybe the human inside the mascot is gay or whatever. March on your own time not as a symbol of the school"
"... doing something that a large portion of the population disagrees with"

Scats can't even back his own words at his own website. His thread has been removed on Egriz at which he is a moderator! What a joke. So Scats, did you hear from a large portion of the population that you are a homophobic idiot? Sad that a person in charge of moderating at Egriz will come to Bobcatnation to troll....

Go Scats Go

Post by Go Scats Go » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:24 pm

Cataholic wrote:Scats is a complete idiot. Here is a sampling of Scats homophobic quotes on this subject here at Bobcatnation:

"Beat the Griz at sending a mascot to a gay pride march. Wow. You cat fans are really red headed step children if you have stooped to that level. I for one am glad you won this one"

Starts the thread with the title: "FCS MSU Bobcat mascot comes out of the closet"
"Champ showed up at the lgbt parade in Helena with a gay pride tutu!! You can't make this crap up"
"Maybe the human inside the mascot is gay or whatever. March on your own time not as a symbol of the school"

Scats can't even back his own words at his own website. His thread has been removed on Egriz at which he is a moderator! What a joke. So Scats, did you hear from a large portion of the population that you are a homophobic idiot? Sad that a person in charge of moderating at Egriz will come to Bobcatnation to troll....
Its always nice to see that cat fans can have a logical discussion, without calling names and breaking posted rules, but hey more power to you and I hope it makes you feel better.

You cats are really easy to rial up. All those quotes did exactly what they were intended to do. Congrats you stepped on the banana peal.

ho·mo·pho·bic
ˌhōməˈfōbik
adjective
having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.

Do any of those quotes show prejudice or hate? Didn't think so.

I'm not prejudice or dislike homosexual people. To each his own, do what ever you want to in your bedroom, I DONT REALLY CARE!

The issue here is wether a college should send its mascot to an event that is political. The fact is that the organization that set up the parade states that they are a political group on their website. So does that mean that champ will show up if asked to the NRA parade or Right to Life parade? Or even crazier the KKK or Black Panthers?
If the answer is no, the msu has a legal problem because they picked a side in a political event. Now chances are that those groups WONT ask your mascot to show up, but if they do the college could be in legal jeopardy. Especially in this screwed up legal system that is going on right now and because Montana is under the 9th circuit court in San Francisco who is as radical as they come.

All I can say is good luck to you all, but this was a bad decision. Not because they are gay, but because this was a political event...

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:24 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
Cataholic wrote:Scats is a complete idiot. Here is a sampling of Scats homophobic quotes on this subject here at Bobcatnation:

Its always nice to see that cat fans can have a logical discussion, without calling names and breaking posted rules, but hey more power to you and I hope it makes you feel better.

You cats are really easy to rial up. All those quotes did exactly what they were intended to do. Congrats you stepped on the banana peal.

ho·mo·pho·bic
ˌhōməˈfōbik
adjective

I'm not prejudice or dislike homosexual people. To each his own, do what ever you want to in your bedroom, I DONT REALLY CARE!

The issue here is wether a college should send its mascot to an event that is political. The fact is that the organization that set up the parade states that they are a political group on their website. So does that mean that champ will show up if asked to the NRA parade or Right to Life parade? Or even crazier the KKK or Black Panthers?
If the answer is no, the msu has a legal problem because they picked a side in a political event. Now chances are that those groups WONT ask your mascot to show up, but if they do the college could be in legal jeopardy. Especially in this screwed up legal system that is going on right now and because Montana is under the 9th circuit court in San Francisco who is as radical as they come.

All I can say is good luck to you all, but this was a bad decision. Not because they are gay, but because this was a political event...
You can’t even back up your own comments at your Egriz website as your thread was removed. Were you afraid the Missoulian would get wind of the comments and come down hard on Egriz? If you are so adamant that you didn’t say anything wrong, why remove the thread? It is because your comments above are clearly homophobic. When you started posting, you were clearly making fun of the MSU mascot for participating in a pride event. Your comments make that clear. The title of your thread at Egriz made it clear. When you realized what you had done and the backlash, you created a new explanation that you are just against mascots participating in political events. If that was your true intent, you would have worded it much differently than: “mascot comes out of the closet” or “mascot swings both ways”.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:37 pm

It got moved to their poli board not removed.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:18 am

michigancat wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:05 pm
Who's idea was it to have Champ go to the gay pride parade?
I fail to see how this is a big deal. It is not a political statement

This space for rent....

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:20 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:24 pm

ho·mo·pho·bic
ˌhōməˈfōbik
adjective

It is not a political statement by the MSU athletic department. It is only stating that they are accepting of everybody.
It is not like they sent him (Champ) to a NARAL conference. There is a ton of LGBT people who are republican/libertarian

This space for rent....