Historical Smoking

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Historical Smoking

Post by Rich K » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:53 am

Apparently I wasn't the only one that heard the warning that this movie contains "historical smoking" and that viewers need to be warned about the danger of viewing it.

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/chappaqui ... l-smoking/
The upcoming film "Chappaquiddick" has been rated PG-13 for, among other reasons, "historical smoking." Nothing about sex or death was specifically mentioned in the rating, despite the arguably unsuitability of these themes for children.

The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) rated the film, set to release in American theaters on April 6, 2018, PG-13 "for thematic material, disturbing images, some strong language, and historical smoking."
Gasping for air while drowning is fine.....

RickRund

Re: Historical Smoking

Post by RickRund » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:53 am

Rich K wrote:Apparently I wasn't the only one that heard the warning that this movie contains "historical smoking" and that viewers need to be warned about the danger of viewing it.

The upcoming film "Chappaquiddick" has been rated PG-13 for, among other reasons, "historical smoking." Nothing about sex or death was specifically mentioned in the rating, despite the arguably unsuitability of these themes for children.

The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) rated the film, set to release in American theaters on April 6, 2018, PG-13 "for thematic material, disturbing images, some strong language, and historical smoking."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We are debating seeing this movie. With my distaste for especially teddy I am afraid I will throw my boots at the screen. Read the book about Chappaquiddick and this subject makes me sick. Would have been beyond angry had it been my daughter. teddy was lower than pond scum...

Years ago I had a conversation with the local priest, no I am not catholic, and I stated that ted should have been severely punished. The priest said ted and the kennedy's were a good family and gave lots of money to the church...

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:31 am

RickRund wrote:
Rich K wrote:Apparently I wasn't the only one that heard the warning that this movie contains "historical smoking" and that viewers need to be warned about the danger of viewing it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We are debating seeing this movie. With my distaste for especially teddy I am afraid I will throw my boots at the screen. Read the book about Chappaquiddick and this subject makes me sick. Would have been beyond angry had it been my daughter. teddy was lower than pond scum...

Years ago I had a conversation with the local priest, no I am not catholic, and I stated that ted should have been severely punished. The priest said ted and the kennedy's were a good family and gave lots of money to the church...
Two separate waves of subversion hit the Catholic Church in the U.S. very hard in the 20th Century. The first was in the early part of the century and I am not real familiar with the details. However, the second wave of subversion was going on in the 60's and 70's, and still has a very real effect on the Church's politics. The Kennedy clan seems to be real comfortable with the politics of the subversive wave. If you really want to watch a movie worthy of giving time and deep thought to, I highly recommend this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGOPJwf78wg

A WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:21 am

FYI i am partaking in "historical coffee drinking..."

This space for rent....

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:58 pm

Rich K wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:53 am
Nothing about sex or death was specifically mentioned in the rating, despite the arguably unsuitability of these themes for children.
Objectively, there's little reason to object to sex or death if you don't object to smoking. Smoking is more dangerous to your health than sex is, while sex is a necessary part of almost any healthy, mature romantic relationship. Plus, there's a such thing as safe sex, but no such thing as safe smoking :lol:

Death is one of those things that is actually worse for your health than smoking, but it's also inevitable, whereas smoking is a choice. Children should learn to be comfortable with the idea of death and mortality. There's a pretty strong argument that they should learn to be uncomfortable with smoking.

Ted Kennedy was a scumbag. I'd object to exposing children to his scummy behavior more than to sex or death, and probably more than the smoking.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers