Chris Murray letter to editor

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mongoo99
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:48 pm

Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by mongoo99 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:51 pm

Great letter to the editor from Chris Murray in Tuesday's Bozeman Chronicle. He seems to be a very thoughtful young man and aware of what's going on in this country. And he's a great quarterback to boot. Now it appears he's a leader too.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/o ... 1f261.html



bobcatbob
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1698
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:04 pm

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by bobcatbob » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:56 pm

I don't think that was football Chris Murray. There is another Chris Murray that heads up the MSU Alumni Foundation. I think it may be him.



User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: Sidney

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:56 pm

Lol. “Now it appears he’s a leader too”.

All of his accomplishments on the field would show he’s a leader.

This shows nothing besides he’s willing to share his political view/narrative.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6500
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:57 pm



"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: Sidney

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:00 pm

VimSince03 wrote:I think its this Chris Murray.

https://www.msuaf.org/s/1584/index.aspx ... &pgid=1400
I certainly hope not. I could care less about a students politcal views. But when you are the CEO of the alumni association you better keep that stuff to yourself, regardless of affiliation of parties.

Hope it’s our QB Chris Murray.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8566
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:22 pm

What evidence is there that Trump is a racist? Honestly, if you’re going to make these claims, please provide substantive support.

Here’s what I see. I see African-American unemployment at a 17 year low. I see crime rate declining in urban environments.

Maybe you don’t like some of the stuff that he says. Maybe it comes off as brash. But racist? Please.

Policy wise, Trump is doing more for minority CITIZENS, than anyone in the past 30 years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Image

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6500
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:29 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:What evidence is there that Trump is a racist? Honestly, if you’re going to make these claims, please provide substantive support.

Here’s what I see. I see African-American unemployment at a 17 year low. I see crime rate declining in urban environments.

Maybe you don’t like some of the stuff that he says. Maybe it comes off as brash. But racist? Please.

Policy wise, Trump is doing more for minority CITIZENS, than anyone in the past 30 years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

bobcat99
Member # Retired
Posts: 2722
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:34 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:What evidence is there that Trump is a racist? Honestly, if you’re going to make these claims, please provide substantive support.

Here’s what I see. I see African-American unemployment at a 17 year low. I see crime rate declining in urban environments.

Maybe you don’t like some of the stuff that he says. Maybe it comes off as brash. But racist? Please.

Policy wise, Trump is doing more for minority CITIZENS, than anyone in the past 30 years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can we not do this here? Cmon man.



User avatar
PapaG
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6096
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:44 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by PapaG » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:38 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:What evidence is there that Trump is a racist? Honestly, if you’re going to make these claims, please provide substantive support.

Here’s what I see. I see African-American unemployment at a 17 year low. I see crime rate declining in urban environments.

Maybe you don’t like some of the stuff that he says. Maybe it comes off as brash. But racist? Please.

Policy wise, Trump is doing more for minority CITIZENS, than anyone in the past 30 years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can we not do this here? Cmon man.
Seeing as this thread has zero to do with MSU football, it should probably be moved to the political board.


Greg K.

User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8566
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:38 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:What evidence is there that Trump is a racist? Honestly, if you’re going to make these claims, please provide substantive support.

Here’s what I see. I see African-American unemployment at a 17 year low. I see crime rate declining in urban environments.

Maybe you don’t like some of the stuff that he says. Maybe it comes off as brash. But racist? Please.

Policy wise, Trump is doing more for minority CITIZENS, than anyone in the past 30 years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can we not do this here? Cmon man.
https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... der-trump/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/05/black-u ... d-low.html



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Image

User avatar
luckyirishguy25
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3370
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:59 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:42 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:What evidence is there that Trump is a racist? Honestly, if you’re going to make these claims, please provide substantive support.

Here’s what I see. I see African-American unemployment at a 17 year low. I see crime rate declining in urban environments.

Maybe you don’t like some of the stuff that he says. Maybe it comes off as brash. But racist? Please.

Policy wise, Trump is doing more for minority CITIZENS, than anyone in the past 30 years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can we not do this here? Cmon man.
https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... der-trump/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/05/black-u ... d-low.html



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
](*,)



AFCAT
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1891
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:43 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:What evidence is there that Trump is a racist? Honestly, if you’re going to make these claims, please provide substantive support.

Here’s what I see. I see African-American unemployment at a 17 year low. I see crime rate declining in urban environments.

Maybe you don’t like some of the stuff that he says. Maybe it comes off as brash. But racist? Please.

Policy wise, Trump is doing more for minority CITIZENS, than anyone in the past 30 years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can we not do this here? Cmon man.
https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... der-trump/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/05/black-u ... d-low.html



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
](*,)

There are at least three Chris Murray's living in Bozeman. Not sure what any of this has to do with Bobcat football.


Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

arvcat2
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by arvcat2 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:50 pm

Yo, Moderators, can you please get this thread moved over to Discussing the Issues????



Woodenshoe
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by Woodenshoe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:16 pm

I unplugged from Facebook a year ago because of the political bs and fighting on there, now I guess we get to see it on here too. Thanks :sick:



User avatar
CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6468
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:27 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:34 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote: Here’s what I see. I see African-American unemployment at a 17 year low.

Policy wise, Trump is doing more for minority CITIZENS, than anyone in the past 30 years.
What policies? What exactly has Trump himself done? All I see is him taking credit for Obama's 8 years of work.

Unemployment since 2010:
2010: 9.8
2011: 9.1
2012: 8.3
2013: 8.0
2014: 6.6
2015: 5.7
2016: 4.9

------------
2017: 4.8
2018: 4.1


The African-American unemployment rate had already fallen to 7.7% (down from 16.8% in March, 2010) by the time Trump took his oath. Love this quote: "Trump taking credit for this is is like a rooster thinking the sun came up because he crowed."


ImageImage
Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8566
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:25 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote: Here’s what I see. I see African-American unemployment at a 17 year low.

Policy wise, Trump is doing more for minority CITIZENS, than anyone in the past 30 years.
What policies? What exactly has Trump himself done? All I see is him taking credit for Obama's 8 years of work.

Unemployment since 2010:
2010: 9.8
2011: 9.1
2012: 8.3
2013: 8.0
2014: 6.6
2015: 5.7
2016: 4.9

------------
2017: 4.8
2018: 4.1


The African-American unemployment rate had already fallen to 7.7% (down from 16.8% in March, 2010) by the time Trump took his oath. Love this quote: "Trump taking credit for this is is like a rooster thinking the sun came up because he crowed."
Now wait a minute, you can’t have it both ways. Most of the left (I’m not gonna search your posts) said if Trump was elected the economy would crash and unemployment across all demographics would rise. That’s clearly not the case.

What policies? cutting the red tape at a ratio of 22:1

Unemployment at a 45 year low, over 200k new manufacturing jobs alone, the biggest tax cuts in American history, average family income is up by $4,000 dollars, and all of this because of less government regulation.
I honestly can’t stand Trump. But you have to give this to him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Image

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6017
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:57 pm

Trump is a moron, but his removing massive amounts of government regulations is absolutely, undeniably the reason that the stock market has exploded and the economy taken off.


Image

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9076
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:55 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote: Here’s what I see. I see African-American unemployment at a 17 year low.

Policy wise, Trump is doing more for minority CITIZENS, than anyone in the past 30 years.
What policies? What exactly has Trump himself done? All I see is him taking credit for Obama's 8 years of work.

Unemployment since 2010:
2010: 9.8
2011: 9.1
2012: 8.3
2013: 8.0
2014: 6.6
2015: 5.7
2016: 4.9

------------
2017: 4.8
2018: 4.1


The African-American unemployment rate had already fallen to 7.7% (down from 16.8% in March, 2010) by the time Trump took his oath. Love this quote: "Trump taking credit for this is is like a rooster thinking the sun came up because he crowed."
Now wait a minute, you can’t have it both ways. Most of the left (I’m not gonna search your posts) said if Trump was elected the economy would crash and unemployment across all demographics would rise. That’s clearly not the case.

What policies? cutting the red tape at a ratio of 22:1

Unemployment at a 45 year low, over 200k new manufacturing jobs alone, the biggest tax cuts in American history, average family income is up by $4,000 dollars, and all of this because of less government regulation.
I honestly can’t stand Trump. But you have to give this to him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn’t see anyone on the left suggest that trump would crash the economy. I guess the closest I saw to that was saying he would roll back banking regulations put in place after the housing collapse of 2008 and were fearful that could lead to another housing collapse.

The left has had many issues with Trump, I don’t think the economy was ever in the top 10.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8566
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:56 pm

wbtfg wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote: Here’s what I see. I see African-American unemployment at a 17 year low.

Policy wise, Trump is doing more for minority CITIZENS, than anyone in the past 30 years.
What policies? What exactly has Trump himself done? All I see is him taking credit for Obama's 8 years of work.

Unemployment since 2010:
2010: 9.8
2011: 9.1
2012: 8.3
2013: 8.0
2014: 6.6
2015: 5.7
2016: 4.9

------------
2017: 4.8
2018: 4.1


The African-American unemployment rate had already fallen to 7.7% (down from 16.8% in March, 2010) by the time Trump took his oath. Love this quote: "Trump taking credit for this is is like a rooster thinking the sun came up because he crowed."
Now wait a minute, you can’t have it both ways. Most of the left (I’m not gonna search your posts) said if Trump was elected the economy would crash and unemployment across all demographics would rise. That’s clearly not the case.

What policies? cutting the red tape at a ratio of 22:1

Unemployment at a 45 year low, over 200k new manufacturing jobs alone, the biggest tax cuts in American history, average family income is up by $4,000 dollars, and all of this because of less government regulation.
I honestly can’t stand Trump. But you have to give this to him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn’t see anyone on the left suggest that trump would crash the economy. I guess the closest I saw to that was saying he would roll back banking regulations put in place after the housing collapse of 2008 and were fearful that could lead to another housing collapse.

The left has had many issues with Trump, I don’t think the economy was ever in the top 10.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just one example

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/pro ... ic-fallout


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Image

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9076
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:09 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote: Here’s what I see. I see African-American unemployment at a 17 year low.

Policy wise, Trump is doing more for minority CITIZENS, than anyone in the past 30 years.
What policies? What exactly has Trump himself done? All I see is him taking credit for Obama's 8 years of work.

Unemployment since 2010:
2010: 9.8
2011: 9.1
2012: 8.3
2013: 8.0
2014: 6.6
2015: 5.7
2016: 4.9

------------
2017: 4.8
2018: 4.1


The African-American unemployment rate had already fallen to 7.7% (down from 16.8% in March, 2010) by the time Trump took his oath. Love this quote: "Trump taking credit for this is is like a rooster thinking the sun came up because he crowed."
Now wait a minute, you can’t have it both ways. Most of the left (I’m not gonna search your posts) said if Trump was elected the economy would crash and unemployment across all demographics would rise. That’s clearly not the case.

What policies? cutting the red tape at a ratio of 22:1

Unemployment at a 45 year low, over 200k new manufacturing jobs alone, the biggest tax cuts in American history, average family income is up by $4,000 dollars, and all of this because of less government regulation.
I honestly can’t stand Trump. But you have to give this to him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn’t see anyone on the left suggest that trump would crash the economy. I guess the closest I saw to that was saying he would roll back banking regulations put in place after the housing collapse of 2008 and were fearful that could lead to another housing collapse.

The left has had many issues with Trump, I don’t think the economy was ever in the top 10.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just one example

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/pro ... ic-fallout


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m sure there are examples, I’m just saying that wasn’t one of the main fears being trumpeted by “most of the left”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Post Reply