Chris Murray letter to editor

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mongoo99
BobcatNation Redshirt

Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by mongoo99 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:51 pm

Great letter to the editor from Chris Murray in Tuesday's Bozeman Chronicle. He seems to be a very thoughtful young man and aware of what's going on in this country. And he's a great quarterback to boot. Now it appears he's a leader too.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/o ... 1f261.html

bobcatbob
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Chris Murray letter to editor

Post by bobcatbob » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:56 pm

I don't think that was football Chris Murray. There is another Chris Murray that heads up the MSU Alumni Foundation. I think it may be him.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:56 pm

Lol. “Now it appears he’s a leader too”.

All of his accomplishments on the field would show he’s a leader.

This shows nothing besides he’s willing to share his political view/narrative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:57 pm

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:00 pm

VimSince03 wrote:I think its this Chris Murray.

https://www.msuaf.org/s/1584/index.aspx ... &pgid=1400
I certainly hope not. I could care less about a students politcal views. But when you are the CEO of the alumni association you better keep that stuff to yourself, regardless of affiliation of parties.

Hope it’s our QB Chris Murray.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:22 pm

What evidence is there that Trump is a racist? Honestly, if you’re going to make these claims, please provide substantive support.

Here’s what I see. I see African-American unemployment at a 17 year low. I see crime rate declining in urban environments.

Maybe you don’t like some of the stuff that he says. Maybe it comes off as brash. But racist? Please.

Policy wise, Trump is doing more for minority CITIZENS, than anyone in the past 30 years.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:29 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:What evidence is there that Trump is a racist? Honestly, if you’re going to make these claims, please provide substantive support.

Here’s what I see. I see African-American unemployment at a 17 year low. I see crime rate declining in urban environments.

Maybe you don’t like some of the stuff that he says. Maybe it comes off as brash. But racist? Please.

Policy wise, Trump is doing more for minority CITIZENS, than anyone in the past 30 years.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

bobcat99
Member # Retired

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:34 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:What evidence is there that Trump is a racist? Honestly, if you’re going to make these claims, please provide substantive support.

Can we not do this here? Cmon man.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:38 pm

bobcat99 wrote:

Seeing as this thread has zero to do with MSU football, it should probably be moved to the political board.

Greg K.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:38 pm

bobcat99 wrote:

https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... der-trump/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/05/black-u ... d-low.html

luckyirishguy25

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:42 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

](*,)

AFCAT
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:43 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

](*,)

There are at least three Chris Murray's living in Bozeman. Not sure what any of this has to do with Bobcat football.

Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

arvcat2
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by arvcat2 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:50 pm

Yo, Moderators, can you please get this thread moved over to Discussing the Issues????

Woodenshoe
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Woodenshoe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:16 pm

I unplugged from Facebook a year ago because of the political bs and fighting on there, now I guess we get to see it on here too. Thanks :sick:

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:34 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote: Here’s what I see. I see African-American unemployment at a 17 year low.

What policies? What exactly has Trump himself done? All I see is him taking credit for Obama's 8 years of work.

Unemployment since 2010:
2010: 9.8
2011: 9.1
2012: 8.3
2013: 8.0
2014: 6.6
2015: 5.7
2016: 4.9

------------
2017: 4.8
2018: 4.1

The African-American unemployment rate had already fallen to 7.7% (down from 16.8% in March, 2010) by the time Trump took his oath. Love this quote: "Trump taking credit for this is is like a rooster thinking the sun came up because he crowed."

ImageImage
Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:25 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote: Here’s what I see. I see African-American unemployment at a 17 year low.

What policies? What exactly has Trump himself done? All I see is him taking credit for Obama's 8 years of work.

Unemployment since 2010:

------------

The African-American unemployment rate had already fallen to 7.7% (down from 16.8% in March, 2010) by the time Trump took his oath. Love this quote: "Trump taking credit for this is is like a rooster thinking the sun came up because he crowed."
Now wait a minute, you can’t have it both ways. Most of the left (I’m not gonna search your posts) said if Trump was elected the economy would crash and unemployment across all demographics would rise. That’s clearly not the case.

What policies? cutting the red tape at a ratio of 22:1

Unemployment at a 45 year low, over 200k new manufacturing jobs alone, the biggest tax cuts in American history, average family income is up by $4,000 dollars, and all of this because of less government regulation.
I honestly can’t stand Trump. But you have to give this to him.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:57 pm

Trump is a moron, but his removing massive amounts of government regulations is absolutely, undeniably the reason that the stock market has exploded and the economy taken off.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:55 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

Unemployment since 2010:

------------

Now wait a minute, you can’t have it both ways. Most of the left (I’m not gonna search your posts) said if Trump was elected the economy would crash and unemployment across all demographics would rise. That’s clearly not the case.

Unemployment at a 45 year low, over 200k new manufacturing jobs alone, the biggest tax cuts in American history, average family income is up by $4,000 dollars, and all of this because of less government regulation.

I didn’t see anyone on the left suggest that trump would crash the economy. I guess the closest I saw to that was saying he would roll back banking regulations put in place after the housing collapse of 2008 and were fearful that could lead to another housing collapse.

The left has had many issues with Trump, I don’t think the economy was ever in the top 10.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:56 pm

wbtfg wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

Unemployment since 2010:

------------

I didn’t see anyone on the left suggest that trump would crash the economy. I guess the closest I saw to that was saying he would roll back banking regulations put in place after the housing collapse of 2008 and were fearful that could lead to another housing collapse.

The left has had many issues with Trump, I don’t think the economy was ever in the top 10.

Just one example

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/pro ... ic-fallout

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:09 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

Unemployment since 2010:

------------

Just one example

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/pro ... ic-fallout

I’m sure there are examples, I’m just saying that wasn’t one of the main fears being trumpeted by “most of the left”.