BILL, SHUT THE @$$%. Up

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: BILL, SHUT THE @$$%. Up

Post by MSU01 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:58 am

91catAlum wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:Official twitter accounts for MSU are Bobcat athletics and each teams official account. Everybody else would be considered personal accounts. This whole topic is because of political views.
Gotcha. Ya if it's his personal account then he can tweeet whatever he wants. Just seems like there should be a professional account for his job.
I would say the professional account for his job is the official MSU athletics account. Lamberty probably isn't running it but that one plus the official team accounts seems to be about all you would need.

Go Bobcats! 24-17 31-23 29-25

Bobcatsinmso
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:03 am

Hawks86 wrote:Interesting that others in the athletic department post things that are not MSU oriented yet Bill is the one getting called out.
You are correct Hawks, Bethany C. has done it as well, (political opinions), just not as frequent as bill L. Perhaps others, but I do not follow them all. In the end mixing politics and / or religion in with your professional position and responsibility sometimes comes back to bite you in the butt.

This thread should be moved to the lounge IMO.

:shrug:

Go Cats Go! FTG

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:08 am

The only way that something you opine about could bite you in the butt is if someone is being a snowflake. If you want to argue with someone about their opinions then argue with, but don’t be a snowflake and come running to bobcatnation.

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:25 am

If you're offended by people's posts, more than likely they are offended by yours as well. Unfollow them and save both of you the hassle

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:30 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:Interesting that others in the athletic department post things that are not MSU oriented yet Bill is the one getting called out.
You are correct Hawks, Bethany C. has done it as well, (political opinions), just not as frequent as bill L. Perhaps others, but I do not follow them all. In the end mixing politics and / or religion in with your professional position and responsibility sometimes comes back to bite you in the butt.

Agreed

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:53 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:

Nobody ever told me this, I figured it out on my own (thankfully). Stay off social media and it will never be a problem. Too many people think it's some kind of crime to not share every stupid thought and unsolicited opinion that enters their head.

luckyirishguy25

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:53 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:

The Cheerleader thread needs to go too. Bottom line is, I don't agree with everyone's political opinions on BCN, but I still think most of the people here are fine people and great Americans. The best part about being American is I don't have to Agree with the masses if I choose not too. It's my choice, my freedom. Left or Right we can all get along, its not that hard.

Macneil4023
New Recruit

Post by Macneil4023 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:02 pm

Can this thread be deleted, this is so dumb!

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:40 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

The Cheerleader thread needs to go too. Bottom line is, I don't agree with everyone's political opinions on BCN, but I still think most of the people here are fine people and great Americans. The best part about being American is I don't have to Agree with the masses if I choose not too. It's my choice, my freedom. Left or Right we can all get along, its not that hard.
I hope you get banned from bobcatnation. I've had it up to here (i'm holding my hand above my head) with your bs.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

luckyirishguy25

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:51 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

I hope you get banned from bobcatnation. I've had it up to here (i'm holding my hand above my head) with your bs.
Pretty sure it's Band* or so egriz tells me.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:51 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

They are great at spelling over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:59 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

Well put. It's funny though, these threads have actually renewed my faith in humanity and the ability of my fellow citizens to reason rationally and argue respectfully, which has been on the ragged edge for a couple of years now. But they really should be moved to a more appropriate forum.

luckyirishguy25

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:04 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

They are great at spelling over there.

See can't we all come to together and sing kumbaya over our collective hatred of the griz? see I just fixed all of our problems, well except for Bruce's problem... That sh*t is going to require penicillin. Not everything stays in Vegas Bruce.

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:03 pm

I'm really having trouble deciphering who are the 'snowflakes' and whose too easily 'offended' these days. I have a group of friends that have historically preached about their disgust with people being easily offended, and this group of friends always described those people as snowflakes. My perception right now is that those same people are now suddenly 'offended' all the time and generally behaving like 'snowflakes'. I'm actually confused.

All of this is so tiresome.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:06 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:I'm really having trouble deciphering who are the 'snowflakes' and whose too easily 'offended' these days. I have a group of friends that have historically preached about their disgust with people being easily offended, and this group of friends always described those people as snowflakes. My perception right now is that those same people are now suddenly 'offended' all the time and generally behaving like 'snowflakes'. I'm actually confused.

I think technically you're a snowflake by association, but who am I to judge?

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:35 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:I'm really having trouble deciphering who are the 'snowflakes' and whose too easily 'offended' these days. I have a group of friends that have historically preached about their disgust with people being easily offended, and this group of friends always described those people as snowflakes. My perception right now is that those same people are now suddenly 'offended' all the time and generally behaving like 'snowflakes'. I'm actually confused.

Point taken. Although it would be different if during the last election cycle I was constantly complaining about how the world is too easily offended, and ritualistically call people snowflakes, and then turn around and start being constantly offended.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:39 pm

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:53 pm

Bill can post whatever the damn hell he wants to on Twitter. I don’t care. I follow him. Yes he posts some dumb shiit. So do I. We’re even.

Some of you have waaaaay too tight of a grip on your cheese.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:57 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

Good post LIG! I'll buy you a beer at Chubbies or Tings sometime.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:59 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Point taken. Although it would be different if during the last election cycle I was constantly complaining about how the world is too easily offended, and ritualistically call people snowflakes, and then turn around and start being constantly offended.
Haha I was just being a jerk. I agree you can't call people snowflakes if you are offended by ANYTHING.