Mike Adams not welcome at the dUMb

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

77matcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2237
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Mike Adams not welcome at the dUMb

Post by 77matcat » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:09 pm

I’d expect MSU profs and students to complain also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro



Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: Mike Adams not welcome at the dUMb

Post by Rich K » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:28 am

From Facebook this morning:
Mike S. Adams
34 mins ·
My host at Montana next week has booked an interview with a reporter who previously did a hit piece on me. She did not realize that I don't do interviews with reporters I do not know. So the solution is simple. I'm bringing questions to the interview. In other words I am turning the tables and interviewing the reporter. I won't answer a single question until she answers all of mine to my complete satisfaction.


Image

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: Mike Adams not welcome at the dUMb

Post by Rich K » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:59 am

Here's today's story in the Missoulian:
Controversial conservative speaker challenges 'liberals' at University of Montana

Personally, I think the scare quotes belong around the word Controversial and not around the word liberals. I hope the protesters seek treatment for the injuries that Dr. Adams inflected upon their hurt feelers.


Image

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: Mike Adams not welcome at the dUMb

Post by Rich K » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:57 am

Mike Adams sends an open letter to the Montana Legislature

https://townhall.com/columnists/mikeada ... e-n2452353
If Montana adopts a version of North Carolina’s HB527, student protestors will be able to call me a bigot and other epithets without fearing prosecution under an unconstitutional harassment policy. In other words, they will be able to show their a** with impunity. But other provisions of the bill will help better ensure that they are kept from doing it during my speech – and for the specific purpose of drowning it out and excluding it from the marketplace of ideas. Surely, President Bodnar would support this measure, given his previous moral posturing on the importance of tolerance and inclusion. If he refuses to take a principled stand, he should be over-ruled by the more intellectually honest adults in the Montana legislature.

Did the University dole out any punishment to the student protester that engaged in criminal activity? Should the head of the music department be held accountable like a football coach would?
It was later revealed that this UM student (currently a music major) had stolen a key to the building allowing him to reenter at will. Therefore, this incident involves more than mere heckling. It involves criminal conduct. The incident underscores the need for President Bodnar to take a break from lecturing me on “divisiveness” and “intolerance” and “hate” and instead deal with the criminal/students that have overtaken his campus. Of course, there is little chance that he will display the courage necessary to bring that about. And that is why I am writing the legislature today.


Image

valentind29
New Recruit
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:23 am

Re: Mike Adams not welcome at the dUMb

Post by valentind29 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:25 am

RickRund wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:22 pm
Heaven forbid there might be an opposing opinion.
A very lefty classmate posted an opinion when I shared a Hillsdale College piece and said he really wouldn't want to read it. This was after sharing a post saying we should always read opposing opinions to further our thought process Box à Louer... Only when it holds up his speech choice!!!

And the classmate is a now retired college professor...
Everyone has the right to express themselves regardless of their opinion, but it is important not to create polemics.



Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: Mike Adams not welcome at the dUMb

Post by Rich K » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:43 pm

valentind29 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:25 am
RickRund wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:22 pm
Heaven forbid there might be an opposing opinion.
A very lefty classmate posted an opinion when I shared a Hillsdale College piece and said he really wouldn't want to read it. This was after sharing a post saying we should always read opposing opinions to further our thought process Box à Louer... Only when it holds up his speech choice!!!

And the classmate is a now retired college professor...
Everyone has the right to express themselves regardless of their opinion, but it is important not to create polemics.
Wrong. Very f'ing wrong.

It is very important to create polemics. People who can't take the heat ought to stay out of the kitchen. Politics ain't bean bag.
Leftist principles when put into practice do not work. There is real damage done and by giving stupid people a safe spot to spout stupid ideas allows stupid practices to be put in place. How many failed statist policies will it take to learn that?


Image

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9111
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Mike Adams not welcome at the dUMb

Post by wbtfg » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:45 am

Rich K wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:43 pm
valentind29 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:25 am
RickRund wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:22 pm
Heaven forbid there might be an opposing opinion.
A very lefty classmate posted an opinion when I shared a Hillsdale College piece and said he really wouldn't want to read it. This was after sharing a post saying we should always read opposing opinions to further our thought process Box à Louer... Only when it holds up his speech choice!!!

And the classmate is a now retired college professor...
Everyone has the right to express themselves regardless of their opinion, but it is important not to create polemics.
Wrong. Very f'ing wrong.

It is very important to create polemics. People who can't take the heat ought to stay out of the kitchen. Politics ain't bean bag.
Leftist principles when put into practice do not work. There is real damage done and by giving stupid people a safe spot to spout stupid ideas allows stupid practices to be put in place. How many failed statist policies will it take to learn that?
I think you’re arguing with a bot.



Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: Mike Adams not welcome at the dUMb

Post by Rich K » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:03 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:45 am
Rich K wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:43 pm
valentind29 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:25 am
RickRund wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:22 pm
Heaven forbid there might be an opposing opinion.
A very lefty classmate posted an opinion when I shared a Hillsdale College piece and said he really wouldn't want to read it. This was after sharing a post saying we should always read opposing opinions to further our thought process Box à Louer... Only when it holds up his speech choice!!!

And the classmate is a now retired college professor...
Everyone has the right to express themselves regardless of their opinion, but it is important not to create polemics.
Wrong. Very f'ing wrong.

It is very important to create polemics. People who can't take the heat ought to stay out of the kitchen. Politics ain't bean bag.
Leftist principles when put into practice do not work. There is real damage done and by giving stupid people a safe spot to spout stupid ideas allows stupid practices to be put in place. How many failed statist policies will it take to learn that?
I think you’re arguing with a bot.

Probably. However, to the bot's credit it's probably smarter than a leftie.


Image

User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9462
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Re: Mike Adams not welcome at the dUMb

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:59 am

Rich K wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:03 am
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:45 am
Rich K wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:43 pm
valentind29 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:25 am
RickRund wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:22 pm
Heaven forbid there might be an opposing opinion.
A very lefty classmate posted an opinion when I shared a Hillsdale College piece and said he really wouldn't want to read it. This was after sharing a post saying we should always read opposing opinions to further our thought process Box à Louer... Only when it holds up his speech choice!!!

And the classmate is a now retired college professor...
Everyone has the right to express themselves regardless of their opinion, but it is important not to create polemics.
Wrong. Very f'ing wrong.

It is very important to create polemics. People who can't take the heat ought to stay out of the kitchen. Politics ain't bean bag.
Leftist principles when put into practice do not work. There is real damage done and by giving stupid people a safe spot to spout stupid ideas allows stupid practices to be put in place. How many failed statist policies will it take to learn that?
I think you’re arguing with a bot.

Probably. However, to the bot's credit it's probably smarter than a leftie.
At least lefties can spot a bot.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - @rrcatcast

Post Reply