Eclipse of '79 at MSU

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Eclipse of '79 at MSU

Post by Rich K » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:31 am

This is pretty cool, but I remember the Eclipse being a big disappointment. We had a very cloudy day in central Montana.

Any first hand accounts of the event in Bozeman?

http://www.montana.edu/news/17066/msu-p ... experience

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Eclipse of '79 at MSU

Post by Mtcatfan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:52 am

I was attending MSU in 79 during the eclipse. It was a clear sunny day and the viewing was fantastic. Full eclipse and got quite dark. We viewed it from a field south of town and I remember it like it was yesterday. Overall great experience.

Bobcatsinmso
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Eclipse of '79 at MSU

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:37 pm

We were allowed to have the morning off from Bozeman senior High, and I believe the rising sun was very low over the Bozeman pass as it occurred (8:30 ish AM). It was a partly cloudy morning, but no clouds obstructed the view, all 2 minuets of the total eclipse. A lot of dogs were barking, and lots of doobies going around. It was a fun event, that I recall.... :wink:

I don't always talk to University of Missoula graduates, but when I do I usually order fries.
Character Accountability Toughness State #beattheskyownthestate ESG-GCG FTG #oveRTD

Bobcat4Ever
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Eclipse of '79 at MSU

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:12 am

We watched from S 19th just west of the MSU campus. It was slightly sunnier there, and we were fortunate to be under a nice hole in the clouds. It was an amazing experience, almost like the Earth got stuck and quit turning on its axis!

Whatever you are doing, get outside, even here in Bozeman where it will be 95% total.

Forecast is for a clear sunny day!