on the fence

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

on the fence

Post by allcat » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:04 pm

I think the left has it right. if you are offended by statue, tear it down. The taliban started it by blowing up those in the mountainside a few years ago. I want to tear down 2. Number 1 that has to go is Jeanette Rankin, she didn't want to cut anybodies head off. Number 2 is the Meagher statue in front of the capitol, that guy is obviously an ISIS beheader ahead of his time.
Last edited by allcat on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joining the whiners club till we never lose a game again.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Re: on the fence

Post by 77matcat » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:50 pm

[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:07 am

Elihu Yale (5 April 1649 - 8 July 1721) was a British merchant, philanthropist and slave trader. President of the East India Company settlement at Fort St George in Madras, and a benefactor of the Collegiate School in the Colony of Connecticut, which in 1718 was named Yale College in his honor.................. #-o

:coffee:

Oh and dont hold your breath about Yale, the white liberal elite dont abide by the same rules the "lesser people" have to

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

ChiOCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by ChiOCat » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:47 am

I've been mired down in some really good WWII books lately. The stories make me see clearly that -

We MUST stand against hate groups. Our president MUST condone them clearly. We MUST find a way around our past.

If taking down a statue of the Confederate leader and putting it in a museum (what I have read is the plan) helps all that, then do it. Will it "erase" history? Nope. Will it help healing and foster the future? Maybe. But if that statue gives hate groups an idol, a center per se, then it is destroying all hope.

We have a lot of history around the world with little true record. It's not been lost or altered or changed. It's still there, in all its ugly human imperfection.

"We are all vulnerable, and all fallible, with mortality our only certainty..." - Dr Kenneth Bock

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:20 am

ChiOCat wrote:I've been mired down in some really good WWII books lately. The stories make me see clearly that -

We MUST stand against hate groups. Our president MUST condone them clearly. We MUST find a way around our past.

If taking down a statue of the Confederate leader and putting it in a museum (what I have read is the plan) helps all that, then do it. Will it "erase" history? Nope. Will it help healing and foster the future? Maybe. But if that statue gives hate groups an idol, a center per se, then it is destroying all hope.

We have a lot of history around the world with little true record. It's not been lost or altered or changed. It's still there, in all its ugly human imperfection.
So, do we blow up MT. Rushmore, as some groups want? There are also calls to tear down the Jefferson Memorial. I don't care about some statues, but Robert E. Lee was a great leader. Also if you are studying wwII, what did you learn about appeasement?

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:24 am

Hitler was a great leader also. [emoji849][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ChiOCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by ChiOCat » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:03 pm

allcat wrote:
ChiOCat wrote:I've been mired down in some really good WWII books lately. The stories make me see clearly that -

So, do we blow up MT. Rushmore, as some groups want? There are also calls to tear down the Jefferson Memorial. I don't care about some statues, but Robert E. Lee was a great leader. Also if you are studying wwII, what did you learn about appeasement?
I don't honestly know what the answer needs to be. As usual, the BS spewed by both sides won't fix it. It's going to require honest dialogue and compromises....so it probably won't happen.

"We are all vulnerable, and all fallible, with mortality our only certainty..." - Dr Kenneth Bock

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by hokeyfine » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:13 am

getting rid of monuments is not the answer. it doesn't do anything but provide a temporary feel good moment. the issues related to it are still there. Blunt and honest education of kids and adults about the people and events that monuments represent are what's important. Ignorance is the worst enemy this country has right now. why do we still celebrate columbus day?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:16 pm

hokeyfine wrote:getting rid of monuments is not the answer. it doesn't do anything but provide a temporary feel good moment. the issues related to it are still there. Blunt and honest education of kids and adults about the people and events that monuments represent are what's important. Ignorance is the worst enemy this country has right now. why do we still celebrate columbus day?
The one thing about tearing these down, the people that demand it just move on to the next thing. They do not ever achieve their goals. If they get one thing, they demand another. People wonder why the NRA fights every issue.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:55 pm

Instead of taking down statues people should make sure other people are not ****** pussies.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com