Soooooooo...Russia

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by RickRund » Tue May 08, 2018 10:26 pm

wbtfg wrote:Sooooooo......Russia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And add russia to the conspiracy against the uofm!!!
Sorry, I won't hijack any more posts :D :D :D

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:42 pm

Surreal scary comments from trump today. Even hard core republicans denouncing Trumps comments today. Is there still doubt Putin has something on Trump?

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:19 pm

What i'm struggling to understand is why meet with Putin at all? Doesn't do anyone any good. Literally the only outcome from that meeting could have been negative. Now there are probably 40 different outcomes, but all would have been negative in some way. Just don't understand why you do it?

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:21 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:19 pm
What i'm struggling to understand is why meet with Putin at all? Doesn't do anyone any good. Literally the only outcome from that meeting could have been negative. Now there are probably 40 different outcomes, but all would have been negative in some way. Just don't understand why you do it?
And when you do meet with Russia why praise someone who orchestrated an attack on our democracy and also tear down our own American intel agencies?

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:21 am

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:21 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
And when you do meet with Russia why praise someone who orchestrated an attack on our democracy and also tear down our own American intel agencies?
The entire thing is insane to me. Just can't rationalize any of it.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:35 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:21 am
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:21 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
The entire thing is insane to me. Just can't rationalize any of it.
You can if you look at it from the Russian POV. This was a huge win for Russia and Putin.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:35 pm

Haha i'm not russian nor do I care about their point of view so thats why its insane (from a US perspective) lol.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:58 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:35 pm
Haha i'm not russian nor do I care about their point of view so thats why its insane (from a US perspective) lol.
Exactly. And I think that’s pretty much the case for all Americans not in the White House.

Joe Bobcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Having that summit with Putin makes perfect sense if you're insanely narcissistic and egotistical.
As far as praising Putin, well that's what a world ?leader? does when Putin has the golden video on them.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:52 am

Trump praises Putin because they're working together? Plausible.

Trump praises Putin because Putin is the kind of person that Trump likes? Also plausible. Trump is always praising dictators and slamming democratically-elected prime ministers. He likes dictators better.

I honestly don't buy that Putin has anything on Trump, because he wouldn't need to. Trump would go along with him willingly.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:07 am

Trump truly is a madman. Will this be the incident that finally puts a chink in the armor of his base? Probably not...I think he was right when he said he could stand in the middle of Times Square and shoot people, but none of his true believers would waver in their support of him. Can you imagine if Obama had said the same sorts of things that Trump did on Monday? The right would be screaming that it was treasonous, and the Republican controlled Congress would be drafting articles of impeachment before the end of the week. I have always considered myself pretty middle of the road politically. I lean towards the left on some issues, and towards the right on others. Most elections I have voted for about the same number of Democrats and Republicans. But I'm appalled by the lack of backbone being exhibited by virtually all the Congressional Republicans except for the ones who are leaving office voluntarily. Their unwillingness to speak out against Trump is unforgivable, and I'm going to have a very difficult time voting for any Republicans in the 2018 or 2020 elections...at least until Trump is out of office. I understand that they are in a tough spot. His support is so strong in the Republican party, that it's very risky politically to take a stand against him, but sometimes people need to "man up" and do the right thing, regardless of the consequences.

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by hokeyfine » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:01 pm

well, the good news is that trump has delivered us back to $1 trillion deficits and 3% projected growth............. \:D/

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:56 am

This keeps getting curiouser and curiouser as more details emerge.

We now go from “no collusion” to “collusion is not a crime”

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:13 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:56 am

Am I the only one that thinks Giuliani comes off sounding like a complete idiot every time he does an interview on TV? He seems to have a really difficult time speaking coherently, he sort of wanders aimlessly when answering questions, and is constantly contradicting himself and other members of the Trump administration. And what's with his bug eyed facial expressions? I can't imagine why Trump would have wanted that guy on his team. I don't think he's been doing much to help the cause.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:38 pm

He is spreading confusion and misinformation. TRumps core believes it all if it comes from the TRump team.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:46 pm

John K wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:13 pm
wbtfg wrote:

Am I the only one that thinks Giuliani comes off sounding like a complete idiot every time he does an interview on TV? He seems to have a really difficult time speaking coherently, he sort of wanders aimlessly when answering questions, and is constantly contradicting himself and other members of the Trump administration. And what's with his bug eyed facial expressions? I can't imagine why Trump would have wanted that guy on his team. I don't think he's been doing much to help the cause.

He’s no Michael Cohen. ;)

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:29 am

wbtfg wrote:

It's part of the same thought process, first there is no collusion, and even if there was it is not a crime. You're not really that thick are you? I know you are anti Trump, but come on.

Joining the whiners club till we never lose a game again.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:40 am

allcat wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:29 am
wbtfg wrote:

It's part of the same thought process, first there is no collusion, and even if there was it is not a crime. You're not really that thick are you? I know you are anti Trump, but come on.
I’m definitely thick. No argument there. However in this instance I’m just following the evolution of the meeting with Russian officials in Trump Tower, which is one of the many threads of the Russian investigation spiderweb.

First the administration says No meetings with any Russians. Then it turned into lots of low level meetings. Then we heard, Ok, high level meetings too, but about adoptions. Which morphed into ok, not about adoptions, but Trump didn’t know. Now evidence suggests that Trump likely did know about meetings, so now the narrative is “no crime”.

How many more steps do we take until we get to the episode where Trump hands out pardons like Oprah? “You get a pardon, you get a pardon, you get a pardon!!”

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:32 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:40 am
allcat wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:29 am
wbtfg wrote:

I’m definitely thick. No argument there. However in this instance I’m just following the evolution of the meeting with Russian officials in Trump Tower, which is one of the many threads of the Russian investigation spiderweb.

First the administration says No meetings with any Russians. Then it turned into lots of low level meetings. Then we heard, Ok, high level meetings too, but about adoptions. Which morphed into ok, not about adoptions, but Trump didn’t know. Now evidence suggests that Trump likely did know about meetings, so now the narrative is “no crime”.

How many more steps do we take until we get to the episode where Trump hands out pardons like Oprah? “You get a pardon, you get a pardon, you get a pardon!!”
Ok, the charges that have come down. How many are actually related to the investigation? Flynn was completely railroaded, you would have to have been a billionaire not to give in and plead guilty.

Joining the whiners club till we never lose a game again.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:45 pm

After umteen indictments and guilt pleas, trump now calling for sessions to fire mueller because of “witch hunt”. All we can do is wait and see how many mores shoes drop.