Soooooooo...Russia

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9118
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Soooooooo...Russia

Post by wbtfg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:28 pm

All of a sudden they are relevant again. Where did that come from?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3310
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: Sidney

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:30 pm

Real question: do they hold the worlds largest untapped oil fields?

They are the second largest holder of nuclear weapons.

They have an emperor in Putin, he is the only true power in Russia and kills everything in his wake. He is the modern day Stalin. Don't let anyone tell you different


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9118
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by wbtfg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:41 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:Real question: do they hold the worlds largest untapped oil fields?

They are the second largest holder of nuclear weapons.

They have an emperor in Putin, he is the only true power in Russia and kills everything in his wake. He is the modern day Stalin. Don't let anyone tell you different


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So the rumor and innuendo is, how close to Russia is trump?

Is there any truth to that rumor and innuendo?

Interesting times in which we live.....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3310
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: Sidney

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:44 pm

He has little to no business interests in Russia so I would suggest little in the way of closeness.

You would have to be certifiable to get close to Putin. Dude is a rat and a murderer. He's a combination of the old monarchy and socialism. He's the plague.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8566
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:46 am

The left WISHES there was a connection. It the only way they can explain their unexpected loss. They can't accept the fact that the people have rejected them and their ideology.


Image

iaafan
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3996
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by iaafan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:54 am

The far left may be wishing for that, kind of like the far right (led by Trump) was wishing Obama was born in Kenya. I don't think the majority of Americans wish for those kinds of things.

At this point I think more and more people are rejecting Trump and his ideology.
His job approval rating is at 41%

Other presidents in February of first year
Barack Obama 64% Feb 2009
George W. Bush 59% Feb 2001
Bill Clinton 55% Feb 1993
George HW Bush 63% Feb 1989
Ronald Reagan 53% Feb 1981
Jimmy Carter 69% Feb 1977
Richard Nixon 60% Feb 1969
John Kennedy 72% Feb 1961


Dwight Eisenhower 68 Feb 1953



User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8566
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:04 am

iaafan wrote:The far left may be wishing for that, kind of like the far right (led by Trump) was wishing Obama was born in Kenya. I don't think the majority of Americans wish for those kinds of things.

At this point I think more and more people are rejecting Trump and his ideology.
His job approval rating is at 41%

Other presidents in February of first year
Barack Obama 64% Feb 2009
George W. Bush 59% Feb 2001
Bill Clinton 55% Feb 1993
George HW Bush 63% Feb 1989
Ronald Reagan 53% Feb 1981
Jimmy Carter 69% Feb 1977
Richard Nixon 60% Feb 1969
John Kennedy 72% Feb 1961


Dwight Eisenhower 68 Feb 1953
Ah yes, "polls"

Member when all the "polls" said Hilldog was a 15 point favorite?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]


Image

iaafan
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3996
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by iaafan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:14 am

No, I don't and neither do you. The pre-election combined poll taken on Nov. 8 said Clinton 47%, Trump 44%. It ended up at Clinton 48.0%, Trump 45.9%.



User avatar
The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1665
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by The Butcher » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:22 am

iaafan wrote:No, I don't and neither do you. The pre-election combined poll taken on Nov. 8 said Clinton 47%, Trump 44%. It ended up at Clinton 48.0%, Trump 45.9%.
These polls also have a +/-of 3%... So on election day they were pretty close. Of course that is not considering the 3-5 million illegal votes that Trump and his team claim.



User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8566
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:35 am

iaafan wrote:No, I don't and neither do you. The pre-election combined poll taken on Nov. 8 said Clinton 47%, Trump 44%. It ended up at Clinton 48.0%, Trump 45.9%.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc. ... ent=safari


Image

User avatar
The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1665
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by The Butcher » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:36 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
iaafan wrote:No, I don't and neither do you. The pre-election combined poll taken on Nov. 8 said Clinton 47%, Trump 44%. It ended up at Clinton 48.0%, Trump 45.9%.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc. ... ent=safari
That was 12 days before the election. We were discussing the Election Day polls. Polls predicted a margin of victory of 3.2 percentage points for Hillary Clinton in the days leading up to Election Day, with Trump getting 43.6 percent compared to Clinton’s 46.8 percent of votes, according to Real Clear Politics, a nonpartisan website that aggregates polls. So there is the +/- 3% .

Since the issue being discussed is Trump's approval- based off this poll he is lagging by 14% to the next lowest approval rating. But these are just numbers. I know many would like to gravitate to "alternative facts".
Last edited by The Butcher on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.



User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8566
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:37 am

The Butcher wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
iaafan wrote:No, I don't and neither do you. The pre-election combined poll taken on Nov. 8 said Clinton 47%, Trump 44%. It ended up at Clinton 48.0%, Trump 45.9%.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc. ... ent=safari

That was 12 days before the election. We were discussing the election day polls.
What's your point?


Image

User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8566
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:00 am

The Butcher wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
iaafan wrote:No, I don't and neither do you. The pre-election combined poll taken on Nov. 8 said Clinton 47%, Trump 44%. It ended up at Clinton 48.0%, Trump 45.9%.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc. ... ent=safari
That was 12 days before the election. We were discussing the Election Day polls. Polls predicted a margin of victory of 3.2 percentage points for Hillary Clinton in the days leading up to Election Day, with Trump getting 43.6 percent compared to Clinton’s 46.8 percent of votes, according to Real Clear Politics, a nonpartisan website that aggregates polls. So there is the +/- 3% .

Since the issue being discussed is Trump's approval- based off this poll he is lagging by 14% to the next lowest approval rating. But these are just numbers. I know many would like to gravitate to "alternative facts".
You mean like the polls were used as an attempt to influence the electorate by giving conservatives a sense of hopelessness?

You mean like the polls showing a low approval rating now are being used to garner more support for the opposition?

Yeah, these "polls" are worth the paper I just left in the toilet.


Image

iaafan
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3996
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by iaafan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:13 am

So you think a majority of people approve of the job Trump is doing so far despite the polls, because one (maybe a handful of) poll said Clinton was leading Trump by 14% a couple weeks before the election. A couple polls were way off, so now there's no way you can trust any polls. You think this despite almost all the polls individually and when you combine them were very close to the actual numbers. You also realize that the "Dewey defeats Truman" headline was based on a poll and that Dewey was a republican and Truman a democrat. In other words no matter how overwhelming the evidence is that's presented to you, you're going to go with the little bit of evidence that supports your belief.

Got it.



User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3310
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: Sidney

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:26 am

My issue with polls are very few are truly a good sample.

Are they biased to the coasts where more liberals are? Are they biased to the interior of the country that is much more conservative?

How many people did they talk to, at what time of day did they get ahold of the people?

Are people more willing to answer a poll negatively to try and influence the general public?

I just don't trust polls in general, regardless of their outcomes, and even when they are favorable to my sensibilities.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8566
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:27 am

iaafan wrote:So you think a majority of people approve of the job Trump is doing so far despite the polls, because one (maybe a handful of) poll said Clinton was leading Trump by 14% a couple weeks before the election. A couple polls were way off, so now there's no way you can trust any polls. You think this despite almost all the polls individually and when you combine them were very close to the actual numbers. You also realize that the "Dewey defeats Truman" headline was based on a poll and that Dewey was a republican and Truman a democrat. In other words no matter how overwhelming the evidence is that's presented to you, you're going to go with the little bit of evidence that supports your belief.

Got it.
Yeah, facts matter.

I'm going to trust the only factual poll, which was taken Nov. 8th.

Image


Image

User avatar
The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1665
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by The Butcher » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:33 am

iaafan wrote:So you think a majority of people approve of the job Trump is doing so far despite the polls, because one (maybe a handful of) poll said Clinton was leading Trump by 14% a couple weeks before the election. A couple polls were way off, so now there's no way you can trust any polls. You think this despite almost all the polls individually and when you combine them were very close to the actual numbers. You also realize that the "Dewey defeats Truman" headline was based on a poll and that Dewey was a republican and Truman a democrat. In other words no matter how overwhelming the evidence is that's presented to you, you're going to go with the little bit of evidence that supports your belief.

Got it.
Well Trump uses his own numbers from his own secretive sources:

"The murder rate in our country is the highest it’s been in 47 years, right?" Trump said. "Did you know that? Forty-seven years. I used to use that -- I’d say that in a speech and everybody was surprised, because the press doesn’t tell it like it is. It wasn’t to their advantage to say that. But the murder rate is the highest it’s been in, I guess, from 45 to 47 years." The murder rate is actually one of lowest since it was tracked.

Trump again claimed there was widespread voter fraud during the November election, this time telling senators “thousands” of people were bused in from Massachusetts to vote in New Hampshire. There has been no evidence given to support this claim.

At the GOP retreat on Jan. 26, Trump said that Philadelphia’s murder rate is “steady, I mean just terribly increasing.” The homicide rate in Philadelphia has been steadily declining over the past decade. According to statistics from the Philadelphia Police Department, there were 277 murders in 2016, compared to 280 murders in 2015. Over a five-year period, murders were down 19%. And over a 10-year period, murders were down 41%.

Trump said the following "Look, when President Obama was there two weeks ago making a speech, a very nice speech. Two people were shot and killed during his speech,” Trump told ABC News’ David Muir. “They weren’t shot at the speech. But they were shot in the city of Chicago during his speech.” There were no shootings during said speech.

Sources confirmed to multiple media outlets that Trump spent at least 10 minutes of his meeting with congressional leaders talking about how 3 to 5 million “illegals” voted in the election, costing him the popular vote. The National Association of Secretaries of State — which has a majority of Republicans — said it is “not aware of any evidence that supports the voter fraud claims made by President Trump.”

Trump tweeted that about 11 million more households watched the 2017 inauguration than the 2013 inauguration. A previous version of this post said that those Nielsen figures were incorrect stating that it was not higher than the 2013 inauguration. Trump never identified his source for the claim in viewership.



Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 447
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:42 pm

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:46 am

Set the Agenda, send out the talking points , cook the books and or polls to support
the agenda, demonize everything about the opposition in hopes more uninformed
people get on board. Very sad and unfortunate the way our Political System has come to
opperate. One upsmanship from both sides of the divide , No limits to keep the
Political elite in Power.


Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

iaafan
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3996
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by iaafan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:00 am

[quote="LongTimeCatFan"][quote="iaafan"]So you think a majority of people approve of the job Trump is doing so far despite the polls, because one (maybe a handful of) poll said Clinton was leading Trump by 14% a couple weeks before the election. A couple polls were way off, so now there's no way you can trust any polls. You think this despite almost all the polls individually and when you combine them were very close to the actual numbers. You also realize that the "Dewey defeats Truman" headline was based on a poll and that Dewey was a republican and Truman a democrat. In other words no matter how overwhelming the evidence is that's presented to you, you're going to go with the little bit of evidence that supports your belief.

Got it.[/quote]

Yeah, facts matter.

I'm going to trust the only factual poll, which was taken Nov. 8th.

[img]http://www.worldpressroom.com/wp-conten ... raphic.jpg[/img][/quote]

Polls aren't facts, but it is a fact that they are usually fairly accurate when it comes predicting the outcome of the general vote for presidential elections, including this one. The "factual" poll that you're referencing matched up with almost all the polls taken the day before the election. Although I'm fairly certain you've used polls in your posts before I take it that from now on you'll never post poll information again.



User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3310
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: Sidney

Re: Soooooooo...Russia

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:38 pm

This is why I don't trust polls.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... rack_feb16


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Post Reply