A Nation of Pigs

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

rtb

A Nation of Pigs

Post by rtb » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:40 am

I thought this article might be an interesting one to discuss here. It's amazing to me how many people are looking for money and how many of those people are probably the ones complaining about government spending on other projects.

http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/articles/ ... igs/10032/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Re: A Nation of Pigs

Post by CapitalCityCat » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:53 am

I was wondering where one could find a compreshensive list of all the "pork" projects that are requested state by state. As you pointed out, some of these groups (Townsend ATV's come to mind) don't consider it "pork" if it benefits them, however, would likely complain if a competing entity were to receive similar funding.

I know some complained about the money that was allotted to research Grizzly dna a few years back (I was one), however, if I'm not mistaken, the outcome of this research did allow for the delisting of the Yellowstone Grizzly population.

p.s. By the way.... after reading the title of this thread and then reading the link.... I thought it said "Flathead Bacon" :lol:

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.

rtb

Re: A Nation of Pigs

Post by rtb » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:40 am

That's funny...the Flathead Beacon is a great little newspaper that started last year that seems to have really good reporting and a good website. I read it pretty regularly and have found some great articles there.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image