So this is how the anti gun crowd is making..........

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

So this is how the anti gun crowd is making..........

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:01 pm

Their next run at LEGAL, American, firearms owners.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04 ... ce-mexico/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

rook
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: So this is how the anti gun crowd is making..........

Post by rook » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:41 pm

This pisses me off very much. :x

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:54 pm

Obama, on his first trip to the region as president, said that he will push the U.S. Senate to ratify an inter-American arms trafficking treaty designed to curb the flow of guns and ammunition to drug cartels and other armed groups in the hemisphere. The regional treaty, adopted by the Organization of American States, was signed by former President Bill Clinton in 1997 but never ratified by the Senate.
Does anybody know any details about this treaty?

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Am I missing something?
President Obama, after meeting Thursday with Mexico's president, signaled he is backing away from his pledge to renew the U.S. ban on assault weapons but still wishes to stop the cross-border flow of guns that wind up in the arsenals of drug cartels.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:09 pm

Yes, you are.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com

rook
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by rook » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:18 pm

Maybe Mexico should build a fence to keep American arms out of Mexico. :mrgreen:

Or maybe Americans should recongize this for what it is and jump it before a clever policitican tries to trump the second amendment with an international treaty.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:20 pm

I think without a doubt we will see some form of gun ban legislation in the next two years - I just don't know what exactly its going to look like. I think a Clinton-like ban is going to be difficult, because of the wide relief when that one expired. But there will be something attempted.

I think Brady was a stupid idea, and was very glad to see it expire. And contrary to what some may think, I couldn't get my hands on anything but 10 round magazines during the ban for my personal guns (work of course was another thing). Ammunition supplies is what's making me nervous/anxious/mad.

On the subject of gun control, it did provide one of my most valuable college experiences though. I remember my Legislative Process Political Science class. Group project was to author legislation on an issue, then argue it before the rest of the class - one group pro-, the other anti-; and you were assigned the issue and the side of the argument. I ended up having to argue FOR gun control. If you're serious about it, it makes you understand the logic (or lack of) on the other side, and recognize the weaknesses in their position. And we lost our debate, but not by much.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Grizlaw

Post by Grizlaw » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:23 pm

2506 is asking the right question, and even though I've done a fair amount of internet research, I haven't been able to find a source that has the answer. Every source I've seen says it's a treaty "to stop the flow of weapons from the U.S. To Mexico." That's a worthy goal, depending on how they go about it, but nobody seems to have any details.

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

Cledus

Post by Cledus » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:37 pm

Why don't the Mexican police just start getting their arms up here instead of bitching about being outgunned? After all, they're making it sound like Mexican criminals are going to Big Bear and the Sportsmens Warehouse to get their guns. Seems to make sense to me.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:51 am

So Hussein Obama is going to stifle one of the hottest businesses going in the USA right now?

How is that going to help create jobs and stimulate the economy?

Very valid point, WHY dont the Mexican police get their weapons here to combat the drug cartels? If the cartels shop here and are getting the good stuff than whats good for the goose is good for the "ganso"

www.maroonblood.com