Montana Legislature

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montana Legislature

Postby wbtfg on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:38 pm

I think today is day 3 of the Montana Legislature. Things seems to be fairly calm right now but there are always some interesting bills and fireworks. This will be a thread for MtLeg discussion.
Last edited by wbtfg on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Golden Bobcat
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm


Re: Montana Legislature

Postby wbtfg on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Butte Democrat, Amanda Curtis, does daily video updates, so obviously may have a left leaning tilt to them. (Apparently I'm too dumb to figure out how to embed, so I'll just post the link).

Day 1 Update wasn't much. Just a basic introduction.

Day 2 Update:

https://youtu.be/RMEtjiLiPOQ
Last edited by wbtfg on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Golden Bobcat
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Legislature

Postby wbtfg on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:47 pm

Amanda Curtis Day 3 Update:

https://youtu.be/0Fs5hmFPQ08
User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Golden Bobcat
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Legislature

Postby wbtfg on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:51 pm

First bit of contention I've seen this session from Great Falls Democrat and MSU Alum, Casey Schreiner.



Bozeman Republican Matthew Monforton fires back....

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Golden Bobcat
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Legislature

Postby wbtfg on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Day 4, Amanda Curtis explaining the different tiers....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9tnJj-Z ... youtu.be&a
User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Golden Bobcat
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Legislature

Postby wbtfg on Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:01 pm

Drama already starting up in the leg....this could be a really ugly session.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spJdKzB ... youtu.be&a
User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Golden Bobcat
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Legislature

Postby wbtfg on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:57 pm

Day 6: Feed bill (politician stipend pay), Difference of opinion in role of Gov't, Education

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8fO-JEFz_w

Day 7:

Talk about life flight price regulation. Some harsh words for the newly elected auditor Matt Rosendale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jubcRJhfW2I
User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Golden Bobcat
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Montana Legislature

Postby wbtfg on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:31 pm

Day 8: Spouting campaign slogans and tabling special education funding.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?a=&v=SC2VAO ... e=youtu.be


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Golden Bobcat
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Montana Legislature

Postby wbtfg on Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:33 pm

Day 9: Commentary mostly healthcare and potential impacts on montanans of repealing Obamacare.


https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 3mZJgEnlYg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Golden Bobcat
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Legislature

Postby LongTimeCatFan on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:24 pm

wbtfg wrote:Day 9: Commentary mostly healthcare and potential impacts on montanans of repealing Obamacare.


https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 3mZJgEnlYg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170113/22e0e367ecb018dd2689cea97a4ee442.jpg[/img]

We should be going back to a system where the people who are working aren't financing the free loaders to the tune of over 100% increases in premiums and deductibles.

Myself and other fellow Montanans can't get ahead when all of our income that used to go to savings is now going to health insurance.

Amanda Curtis can boo hoo all she wants to, but every election across the country was about this and y'all lost.

Elections have consequences
Image
User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Golden Bobcat
 
Posts: 8249
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Montana Legislature

Postby wbtfg on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:06 pm

One of the questions for me is what do the people who are currently paying for insurance but battling cancer or other major illnesses do to bridge the gap between their aca coverage and after it is repealed? Will they be grandfathered in? Can they be told they are SOL?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Golden Bobcat
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Legislature

Postby 91catAlum on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:15 pm

wbtfg wrote:One of the questions for me is what do the people who are currently paying for insurance but battling cancer or other major illnesses do to bridge the gap between their aca coverage and after it is repealed? Will they be grandfathered in? Can they be told they are SOL?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Republicans have stated that the rug will not be pulled out from anyone, that the transition out of Obamacare into Trumpcare will be continuous. We'll see what they come up with.
Image
91catAlum
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 3967
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Montana Legislature

Postby wbtfg on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:19 pm

91catAlum wrote:
wbtfg wrote:One of the questions for me is what do the people who are currently paying for insurance but battling cancer or other major illnesses do to bridge the gap between their aca coverage and after it is repealed? Will they be grandfathered in? Can they be told they are SOL?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Republicans have stated that the rug will not be pulled out from anyone, that the transition out of Obamacare into Trumpcare will be continuous. We'll see what they come up with.


That's kind of the mystery right now. But yeah, I'm all for affordable healthcare that doesn't leave people high and dry in the transition.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Golden Bobcat
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Legislature

Postby LongTimeCatFan on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:47 pm

91catAlum wrote:
wbtfg wrote:One of the questions for me is what do the people who are currently paying for insurance but battling cancer or other major illnesses do to bridge the gap between their aca coverage and after it is repealed? Will they be grandfathered in? Can they be told they are SOL?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Republicans have stated that the rug will not be pulled out from anyone, that the transition out of Obamacare into Trumpcare will be continuous. We'll see what they come up with.


https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2017/01/false-narrative-of-repeal-and-replace-is-preserving-obamacare
Image
User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Golden Bobcat
 
Posts: 8249
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Montana Legislature

Postby iaafan on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:26 am

iaafan
Member # Retired
Member # Retired
 
Posts: 2327
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Montana Legislature

Postby wbtfg on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:45 pm

"Dark money, lies, and free college tuition".

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AFrFsjEvR ... e=youtu.be


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Golden Bobcat
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Legislature

Postby LongTimeCatFan on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:10 pm

wbtfg wrote:"Dark money, lies, and free college tuition".

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AFrFsjEvR ... e=youtu.be


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


So much irony
Image
User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Golden Bobcat
 
Posts: 8249
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Montana Legislature

Postby wbtfg on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:05 pm

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Golden Bobcat
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Legislature

Postby LongTimeCatFan on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:38 am

She's a Wobbly (IWW- a socialist organization), I wish she'd go to Cuba or Venezuela or any other country that turned to socialism. It's a poison and it rots a country from the inside. These are her "values."

There is no such thing as something for free. She talked about funding "free" education. Somebody pays. And in this state, its property owners that pay. A helping hand, fine, but a handout? When did that ever work?"

She talks about the minimum wage. Every time we increase the minimum wage, we create barriers to work force entry. So high school kids, for the most part are no longer employable because they lack any basic skills. Good job socialists.

Yes, we see your values, and we see the results of your values. They are toxic.

So whine, bitch, moan, all you want, but we the people voted and it wasn't for your "values."

Clearly
Image
User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Golden Bobcat
 
Posts: 8249
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Montana Legislature

Postby TomCat88 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:25 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:She's a Wobbly (IWW- a socialist organization), I wish she'd go to Cuba or Venezuela or any other country that turned to socialism. It's a poison and it rots a country from the inside. These are her "values."

There is no such thing as something for free. She talked about funding "free" education. Somebody pays. And in this state, its property owners that pay. A helping hand, fine, but a handout? When did that ever work?"

She talks about the minimum wage. Every time we increase the minimum wage, we create barriers to work force entry. So high school kids, for the most part are no longer employable because they lack any basic skills. Good job socialists.

Yes, we see your values, and we see the results of your values. They are toxic.

So whine, bitch, moan, all you want, but we the people voted and it wasn't for your "values."

Clearly

Best way to get rid of minimum wage is for business owners to pay their employees a living wage. People not paid a living wage have to go on welfare, which passes a portion of the wage onto the taxpayer. I'm against minimum wage, but for living wage. Employees not earning a living wage from their employers should be allowed to express that while on duty without retribution.
14-3; 51-?
toM StUber
TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Golden Bobcat
 
Posts: 10911
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Next

Return to Discussing the Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Buckaroo Bonzi and 1 guest