The upcoming year

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

The upcoming year

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:05 pm

After sitting down with Kevin and discussing numbers, subscribers, etc., it's clear that we are losing traction in terms of our current revenue model. Some internal things will change that you all don't need to worry about. The thing the readers can help with is subscriptions.

I gave all my Eastern Washington content away for free during football because it was our one-year anniversary. Cat-Griz had a slew of free content as well. I've always a good amount of the non-football stuff away for free as well. All that was done in an effort to broaden the audience, put the product on display and hope to snag more describers. Now we are going to see if it worked. From here on out, all content will again be premium for all sports, with the exception of game stories. I'm going to keep recruiting stories free up until signing day, but on Signing day will all be premium as will all the analysis I will provide breaking down film, ranking the class, etc.

I'm hoping we can up the subscriptions to the point where I can make a living. Right now, that's not the case. If we don't see enough growth, I'll have to look for other work (any business owners in Bozeman hiring? I have a slew of skills :D) and my content won't be as prevalent. But I have bills to pay and it's almost impossible to live on less than a grand a month in this resort town.

Thank you for the last year-plus of support. With the turmoil in my life, particularly my father taking his own life, working to bring you all information has been a welcome distraction. I hope we can keep building what I think could be something great with all the right pieces in place. Thank you for reading.

gocats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: The upcoming year

Post by gocats » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:09 pm

So sorry to hear about your dad Colter.
I gave up my DM job at the chronicle and went to independent contractor. Always looking for someone to sub. :D I know how much you love the comical and all. Lol.

Alcohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean.... on chairs, tables and random ugly people....