I'm Done talking about the grizzlies

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

I'm Done talking about the grizzlies

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:40 am

This is a thread about bobcats. Grizzly posters are not welcome on this thread and we should all ignore everything they say.

I'm tired of them. They are all pussies hiding behind their screen names spouting off sh*t they couldnt and wont back up or say in person.

OK now onto bobcats.

First Football:

I am excited about next year. We will have good solid running backs with good moves and good speed. I am REALLY excited to see what evans can do (the frosh from texas that redshirted).

I'd like to see iddins get a legitimate shot at qb. I think he is our best weapon we have for that position. He can throw the ball well and run when he needs to. He looks composed in the pocket and seemed to make good decisions.

I love where this coaching staff has us headed. Good grades and good players. Thats a recipe for the playoffs next year or the year after!

Second Basketball:

We seem to be playing well as a team. It will take awhile for the team to jell because of all the new players and the new guys bringing the ball down the court but weve already posted TWO impressive wins which is outstanding.

Next year with some more experience under their belt and some learning from this year we could be a legitimate shot for the BSC.

I like how the younger kids are stepping up and shooting the ball pretty well. We just need to be overall more consistant.

Rodeo:

My wife knows a couple of the rodeo kids so we are gonna go to that! Should be exciting.

Thoughts? What are yall excited for next year?

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Re: I'm Done talking about the grizzlies

Post by SACCAT » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:47 am

Football: I think we need to find a QB. I don't know if any of the ones we have are the answer.

MBB: I think we could take big steps this year...and if the team can gel by the early to mid part of confrence we could make a good push.

WBB: I am more exited about this team than any other. We are getting better every game and seem to have great chemistry.

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:49 am

:lol:

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:04 am

I agree that Iddins should get a good shot, I think he looked like the best game manager and gamer combination. Kemppt could play a reliable backup. Desin is fun to watch, a great athlete and gamer, but I think his size is still an issue. I am very exited to see how some of last years redshirts do, I think we have a lot of talent in the group.

I am very excited to see Ash's secont recruiting class, he is building a good foundation for the team.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:06 am

GO CATS!!!!!

The GRIZ, a quarter century of total football dominance over the cats.

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:46 am

Eastcoastgriz wrote:GO CATS!!!!!

AMEN, LTC!!!!!!!!!

(love the cats :oops: )

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:02 pm

Billings_Griz wrote:

AMEN, LTC!!!!!!!!!

LOL

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:26 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Billings_Griz wrote:

AMEN, LTC!!!!!!!!!

LOL

I thought you were ignoring us? (I waited a long time for you to respond :wink: :oops: :oops: )

Beercat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Beercat » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:59 pm

no one has figured it out yet,
Desin is the guy that will put butts in the seats at Bobcat Stadium. Why is this so hard to figure out??? He is athletic, and has the smarts. To raise another topic, how do we push fields onto another position beyond BOBCAT ATHLETICS-he is the down drag to the athletic department-stay tuned for info.

bpcats
Member # Retired

Post by bpcats » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:47 am

Football:
Next year I expect our defense to again be tops in the league. A full offseason should work wonders for Brad Smith and John Laidet at the DE position. We need to establish a reliable corner opposite Nicole. My initial guess would be Briggs or Jason Andrews. Bignell should be solid at the MLB position but losing Daly hurts. We are set on special teams with Cunningham and Fisher returning. We should be able to run the ball well again, but again Crawford made so many plays on his own with his terrific vision and athletic ability that most backs don't have. If Evans can emulate what Reynolds did then I would be happy.

We weren't very good at the receiver position last year, except for Thomas, and depending on how he comes back we probably won't be very good next year with a bunch of newcomers. Look what happened to Portland State, there were a lot of plays that the receivers read one way and the quarterback read something different. Even Thomas looked totally lost on a few plays. Hopefully they can catch the ball.

The qb battle should be interesting but we need to settle on a starter a few weeks earlier and run with it. Desin is exciting to watch but he needs a lot of game reps before he can become effective in our offense. Kempt was coming along slowly and when fully healthy offers the best chance to utilize the entire offense. It seemed like he played tentative towards the end of his season, where he was so conscious of not making a mistake that he didn't let his natural ability take over. Kempt also was not very accurate. He missed a ton of throws that should have been easy plays. Iddins in limited action seemed to manage the offense the best. He is very accurate and would keep his head up when scrambling and make the throw at the last minute. He played with a lot of poise.

I see us getting blown away and beat up physically by Michigan State. We won't finish any higher in the conference unless we get an effective passing game going. As much as we turned the ball over it is amazing we finished with a winning record.

Men's Basketball: I see a team with a lot of fight that may pull some upsets later in the year due to how hard they play for Coach Huse. We are at least a year or two away from playing consistently and making any noise in the Big Sky.

Womens Basketball: I watched Montana almost pull out the win versus Gonzaga in a physical battle. The same Gonzaga team that ripped us by 50 points. I like what Binford is doing with the team and I think that Rachel Pauli will have to be our physical presence down low in the future. The Lady Cats currently aren't playing at the level of a Montana. I can still see them finishing in the top 3 in the conference but they have to work on their defense and learn how to be physical.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:56 am

done talking about the grizz, are you sure??? man, that has to hurt to go out the way they did. I really don't know what's better -- having a team that loses first round at home to Wofford last second missing a field goal by an all-american, NFL kicker, then loosing to a bunch of CAA aracnids with about 35 sacks in a championship game, or ...

having a Bobcat team that has been rebuilt, is elevating from a plateau of co-camps and 5 loss seasons up to a premier FCS program. I think you're spot on about areas we need to address, and I know I'm an optimist -- but it would not surprise me one bit to see our Bobcats as sole Big Sky Champs next year, ready to mouth-smack any CAA team that comes our way.

D-Wreck
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by D-Wreck » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:14 pm

SACCAT wrote:Football: I think we need to find a QB. I don't know if any of the ones we have are the answer.
Oh, ye of little faith. Iddins showed a lot of potential against NAU. And despite Desin's size, he's an amazing athlete who showed an additional ability to step up when he was called on. We've still got Campbell and Haluszka, plus any recruits we get this spring. I think Ash and company are bringing the right guys in and have the right guys in place.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:57 pm

Beercat wrote:no one has figured it out yet,
Desin is the guy that will put butts in the seats at Bobcat Stadium. Why is this so hard to figure out??? He is athletic, and has the smarts. To raise another topic, how do we push fields onto another position beyond BOBCAT ATHLETICS-he is the down drag to the athletic department-stay tuned for info.
I think whichever QB is the best able to win games will put the most butts in the seats at Bobcat Stadium ... whoever that may be. Most fans aren't as provincial as one might thing.