WBB a positive sign???

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

WBB a positive sign???

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:56 pm

MSU Women's Basketball put out this tweet today. Do we get all three next season? I sure hope so.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: WBB a positive sign???

Post by MSU01 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:04 pm

A very positive sign! KJ and Taylor returning, no men's players in the portal yet...dare we hope yet that last year's transfer nightmares will not be repeated this year?

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:07 pm

And Lexi coming back per another tweet!

4KornerKat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 4KornerKat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am

Do we have enough scholarships? Seems like a pretty good freshman class coming in, and we only lose Jack, Malea, and Mattie, unless there are more transfers coming. . .

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 am

4KornerKat wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am
Do we have enough scholarships? Seems like a pretty good freshman class coming in, and we only lose Jack, Malea, and Mattie, unless there are more transfers coming. . .
I think they're good for the time being as the incoming signing class had three players. The Missoula Big Sky player who committed recently is a 2025 recruit. In this day and age it wouldn't be surprising at all of course if a couple more current players decide to hit the portal.

4Mare
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 4Mare » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:11 pm

Limardo confirmed tweet. Year 5!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 pm

Are they stringing this out until the weekend and announcing one player per day? Great news, MSU is building a very strong roster for next year's team.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 pm
Are they stringing this out until the weekend and announcing one player per day? Great news, MSU is building a very strong roster for next year's team.
Will this be the last year of the 5 year players. Good for team short term, maybe not long term if you ayers thought they might have a chance for time that will be filled by those returning. It will have to make coaches happy to be do e with that extra year and how to manage it.

Sports is not bigger than life

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 pm

The cynic in me is saying how long before there is a lawsuit claiming “it is not fair” that they don’t also get five years?

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm

4KornerKat wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am
Mattie Olsen? Did she leave already or is she in the portal?

2024 Resume dominance

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 pm

imacat wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 pm
The cynic in me is saying how long before there is a lawsuit claiming “it is not fair” that they don’t also get five years?
Great cynics think alike. That thought has crossed my mind. And even more cynical I have thought “why just five”. Some kid making $500,000 a year in NIL money wants to get his or her Masters in Basket Weaving with a minor in Goat Milking at County Fairs in Years 6 and 7…..and then their Doctorate in Social Dance with Samba option in Year 8…..what authority does an absolutely weak toothless NCAA have to break a kid’s $500,000 contract when the kid has little hope of making an NBA team….some lawyer would take that.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:28 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Will this be the last year of the 5 year players. Good for team short term, maybe not long term if you ayers thought they might have a chance for time that will be filled by those returning. It will have to make coaches happy to be do e with that extra year and how to manage it.
When you say 5 year players I’m not sure what you are meaning. This IS the last year for those to take an extra year due to Covid. So Lexi, KJ and Taylor are our last group of seniors that can take the extra Covid year. However, you will still have incoming freshmen that can redshirt so effectively be on the team for five years or those players that suffer season ending injuries early in the year and get an extra year via a medical red shirt.

TCcat 84
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by TCcat 84 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm

Back on track a bit here. I am so pleased Katelynn is coming back. I knew Lexi had mentioned that she would be back. This is great leadership for next years team. Also, I would not be shocked to see MadJack in a role with the team. Go Cats!

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm

TCcat 84 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm
Back on track a bit here. I am so pleased Katelynn is coming back. I knew Lexi had mentioned that she would be back. This is great leadership for next years team. Also, I would not be shocked to see MadJack in a role with the team. Go Cats!
I think they/Coach Bin might have already said Maddie Jacks would be in a coaching type position.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:28 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm
MSU01 wrote:
When you say 5 year players I’m not sure what you are meaning. This IS the last year for those to take an extra year due to Covid. So Lexi, KJ and Taylor are our last group of seniors that can take the extra Covid year. However, you will still have incoming freshmen that can redshirt so effectively be on the team for five years or those players that suffer season ending injuries early in the year and get an extra year via a medical red shirt.
Meant the COVID year where they can play 5. Redshirt have always been there and coaches planned those. COVID created a glut that I think has reduced HS player numbers. Same # of scholarships 6 classes to take them.

Sports is not bigger than life

4Mare
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 4Mare » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:11 pm

They are drawing out the signings but they’re a welcome post every single time. Taylor Janssen today.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:40 pm

I love how they rolled this out. Well done!

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:48 pm

Put me in the not excited camp about Janssen & Limardo returning for a 5th year. Never liked the idea of granting an extra year when a year wasn’t missed in the first place because of covid. As to Deden & MadJackHall, because they both missed significant playing time due to injuries/illness, I am/was fine with those two getting a 5th year as it was sort of like receiving an injury redshirt. I was looking forward to next year and seeing what underclassman who mostly play the #3 & #4 positions (like Berry, Brumfield, Erickson, Harris, & possibly Chirrick) rise to the challenge, but now, good luck to them getting much of an opportunity next season.

saintcat40
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by saintcat40 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:55 pm

@arvcat2 I am with you on this. It doesn’t sound nice, but I thought we could be better without them. I know Bin knows basketball way better than I do, but she seems very loyal to loyal players, which I can respect. At best I have mixed feelings about their return.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:53 pm

saintcat40 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:55 pm
@arvcat2 I am with you on this. It doesn’t sound nice, but I thought we could be better without them. I know Bin knows basketball way better than I do, but she seems very loyal to loyal players, which I can respect. At best I have mixed feelings about their return.
It's funny how you both have this opinion which I get. But everyone thought something was wrong with the program when Kola and Darian didn't come back and went and explored other opportunities with their extra year. And I loved it. But I also love these two coming back. Because we need the senior leadership. But I love this team next year and in 2 years. I think everyone will be surprised by who the stars are on this team next year.