Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by coachouert » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:43 pm

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:23 pm

David Riley got the WSU job. Maybe he takes Flop Jones with him and Cedric Coward.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:25 pm

coachouert wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:43 pm
:lol:

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:26 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:23 pm
David Riley got the WSU job. Maybe he takes Flop Jones with him and Cedric Coward.
[-o< [-o< [-o< Not having to watch Jones flop and whine next season will just be icing on the cake with the news from today!

Also glad Riley is gone. He's incredibly immature. Bad for Wazzu, good for the BSC. Unlike others in this thread, happen to like Pullman and prefer Eastern Washington to the cesspool that has become Western Washington, but I'm a ranch kid. :shrug:

I also always root for the Ag/Engineering land grant schools, as they are academic peers of MSU, but it does appear that in this case, WSU has again Coug'd it... Bad for them, good for MSU!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:54 pm

As Bobcat fans, I think we all have to be incredibly appreciative and grateful that Logie decided not to chase the money, and chose to stay in Bozeman and continue the process of trying to build something truly special. Do you fully realize how incredibly rare that is? I mean, he probably could have tripled his salary if he had made that move. There's probably not one out of 10 coaches that would have turned down that opportunity. I hope all Bobcat fans find some way to show him the appreciation he deserves for making that decision.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:59 am

coachouert wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:43 pm
😆

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:47 am

John K wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:54 pm
As Bobcat fans, I think we all have to be incredibly appreciative and grateful that Logie decided not to chase the money, and chose to stay in Bozeman and continue the process of trying to build something truly special. Do you fully realize how incredibly rare that is? I mean, he probably could have tripled his salary if he had made that move. There's probably not one out of 10 coaches that would have turned down that opportunity. I hope all Bobcat fans find some way to show him the appreciation he deserves for making that decision.
I heard from a wazzu alum friend of mine that WSU tried to get him on the cheap, around 500K. No idea if that's truly accurate.

But still, very commendable that Logie decided to stay at MSU, honestly didn't expect him to.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:10 am

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:47 am
John K wrote:
I heard from a wazzu alum friend of mine that WSU tried to get him on the cheap, around 500K. No idea if that's truly accurate.

But still, very commendable that Logie decided to stay at MSU, honestly didn't expect him to.
If the salary offer was that low then I can see why he decided to stay at MSU if they gave him a raise with his new contact. It wouldn't be fun to have to go through a complete roster rebuild two years in a row and you aren't going to be able to make a run in the WCC Tournament with how it's set up to favor Gonzaga and Saint Mary's so much. If Logie keeps winning at MSU he'll have better offers than Washington State before long.

rfischer94
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by rfischer94 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:36 am

thefrank1 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:06 am
Good post mslacat.

Having lived in both Western and Eastern Washington, they are two entirely different worlds. Matt is a Western Washington guy and I doubt he considers Pullman to be Washington.
Agreed. I grew up on the east side of the Cascades (Ellensburg area) and the two parts of the state could not be any different.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:09 am

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:47 am
John K wrote:

Not to mention moving your kids 3 times in 3 years. That would be tough on any family.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:14 am

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:45 am

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:14 am
Nice!

I know this was asked when Hauk got an extension earlier this year but when did the maximum length of contracts that the BoR allowed change? Had been 3 years max for a long time but both of these most recent extensions have been announced as 4 year contracts.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:39 pm

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:45 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:39 pm
The biggest difference is that he can net the $80k on guarantee games that the university pocketed in the past.

https://www.montanasports.com/college/m ... tid=Zxz2cZ

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:51 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:45 pm
AFCAT wrote:
The biggest difference is that he can net the $80k on guarantee games that the university pocketed in the past.

…and $50K for a national championship. I like that they put that in there, even when we all know any MSU basketball coach that manages that feat should get at least $100 million.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:53 pm

Bocephus wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

That’s a cool way to increase salary.

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:21 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:53 pm
Bocephus wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

That’s a cool way to increase salary.
Vigen be like you don't say 8) ........

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:13 pm

Bocephus wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Interesting. Play a lot of guarantee games, make big money but hurt your overall record which diminishes your chances of moving up, but if you're making big money here, why move up?

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:05 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:13 pm
Bocephus wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Interesting. Play a lot of guarantee games, make big money but hurt your overall record which diminishes your chances of moving up, but if you're making big money here, why move up?
While I believe the coach probably has some input in the schedule, that’s more of the AD’s job, isn’t it?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:57 pm

Oh great, looks like the Kentucky job is about to open up. Here we go again...

/sarcasm